• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Great. The only thing giving me pause is that it's a 55-inch. My current tv is a 32-inch and because of the way the room is set up that I play games in I sit pretty damn close to my tv. Doesn't higher resolutions only become noticeable when you're x-amount of distance from the tv set?

Nah, it gets less noticeable the further you sit away. You should definitely get the 4K benefit if you sit closer than usual.

oti

Banned
Great. The only thing giving me pause is that it's a 55-inch. My current tv is a 32-inch and because of the way the room is set up that I play games in I sit pretty damn close to my tv. Doesn't higher resolutions only become noticeable when you're x-amount of distance from the tv set?
The further away the less of an impact high resolution has. Your situation sounds perfect for 4K.

def sim

TCL blew up everyone else's entry level and midrange lines for this year with the P605/P607. Hopefully enough to make prices and features from other brands more competitive next year.

I know you've already decided, but it's a good buy Ashby.

the only thing i would say is that you might want to make sure 55inch isn't TOO big for your space. you don't want to be turning your head to see everything on the screen. how close are you actually sitting to your TV? big jump from 32-inch to 55 inch

though it's always good to futureproof when getting one of these TVs if you will inevitably move to a bigger space one day

Ashby

the only thing i would say is that you might want to make sure 55inch isn't TOO big for your space. you don't want to be turning your head to see everything on the screen. how close are you actually sitting to your TV? big jump from 32-inch to 55 inch

though it's always good to futureproof when getting one of these TVs if you will inevitably move to a bigger space one day

It's pretty close, there probably will be some head turning involved lol. For a moment I was wishing they had a 40-inch model or something but quickly came around to the same idea as you re: future-proofing.

Im using an LG 32" TV as a monitor. IPS panel but it has a glossy screen and the input lag is okay at under 2 frames.
I would love for someone to offer a 30" curved, IPS non glossy panel, HDR, and low input lag monitor (less than a frame)at 1080p

BTA

I finally beat Sonic 1 on my phone. I ended up buying one of 8Biftdo's super tiny controllers to help but the day I ordered it on Amazon I actually beat Labyrinth Zone anyway. Still, was nice to have for the last few levels. Guess I'll download 2 soon.

Still annoyed I had to beat the final boss twice because I ran off the ledge trying to hit Robotnik again.

2959183-3.jpg

Film & 40s: They Live
Abby and Jeff Bakalar put on the glasses for the first time as the Beast crew CONSUMES one of John Carpenter's greatest masterpieces.
This podcast is an audio supplement, meant to be played simultaneously with the film They Live. We are watching the film via a US DVD release. Streaming and rental options can be found here.

Our commentary begins at the 1 second mark. It's right where the Universal Pictures logo starts to fade up.

ALSO: There is a quick hiccup at the 01:28:10 mark of the file where the film briefly paused. I was unfortunately unable to edit around it, so you will likely need to resync at that point. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Saving it for tomorrow!

killroy87

Just caught the Aftershow (after a really great Bombcast), and it was really good! Much better than most other instances of audience participation, which is usually a recipe for disaster. Would love to see it be a weekly thing.

Stoked for a 3 hour Beastcast this weekend!

youre ok if you have a skip forward button handy

I usually listen to it on my long run Saturday mornings so I can't be stopping every few minutes to fast forward something.

Also, Ben, if you happen to be reading this - I really enjoy you at Giant Bomb. I'm glad you're there.

Wunder

I don't really know from Hearthstone but expecting anything more than surface-level discussion when it comes to any game's meta from giant bomb, unless it's dota or starcraft 2, it a fool's errand.

yeah you're right, and i guess its just their opinions

but the confidence in which they say some things is real rough

oti

Banned
yeah you're right, and i guess its just their opinions

but the confidence in which they say some things is real rough
That and them not knowing some super basic stuff is what I can't stand. In the Monster Hunter video Brad couldn't tell with confidence whether it was coming out for Xbox or not. Like, what are you doing? Know the facts before you start recording? Just look it up then and there? What's stopping you?
should I skip the Beastcast

doesn't sound like Pat "Trump Guy" Baer added a lot to it
what

ArjanN

This week was 3 hours long. That's more than enough for me.

I mean, I listen to it at work, so I don't have a huge problem with it mostly being them chatting about not much in particular as it still makes my day go by faster, but I do feel there's sometimes a weird reluctance to actually talk about games on the beastcast. I guess maybe because they don't want to cover the same ground as the regular bombcast? But generally the 'what you've been playing' part is the most interesting part of the show and sometimes it's pretty thin.

Just realized something. Maybe this makes me an old man (which is not far from the case), but after watching 45 minutes of this Jeff and Ben stream, I realized I much prefer this to Steal My Sunshine or Blue Bombin'.

It's so much more focused on the actual game and even their banter is focused on the game, or tangents to the game.

pizzacat

Banned
Also east has always kinda been about stuff other than games but still has games in it. Esp with something like film and 40s being so big

I wouldn't be surprised when down the road they're doing MCU trailer breakdowns and GoT recaps

Yeah Film and 40s is another thing that makes me wonder what this website is becoming. It made a little sense when they did Fast and Furious movies because those have always been kind of an in-joke at Giant Bomb. But now they're doing other somewhat random movies.

Harpuia

Also east has always kinda been about stuff other than games but still has games in it. Esp with something like film and 40s being so big

I wouldn't be surprised when down the road they're doing MCU trailer breakdowns and GoT recaps

I welcome back Comic Vine with open arms.

Yeah Film and 40s is another thing that makes me wonder what this website is becoming. It made a little sense when they did Fast and Furious movies because those have always been kind of an in-joke at Giant Bomb. But now they're doing other somewhat random movies.

I just think you're just getting best of both worlds now, with the split between East and West. The content coming out of each coast is so unique, while still doing a PUBG stream once a week with the whole crew.

Top Bottom