• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

imBask

Banned
DCEU trailer breakdown with Poppa Vinny and Dan "Taco" Ryckert

What reaction YouTube thumbnail face are they using for this video, I wonder?

They can barely put out unedited content, just imagine the time it would take for them to edit a billion jump cuts after every word like every other trailer breakdown channel

My other conclusion about this Ben and Jeff stream is that I think I'm gonna buy this year's COD, when I swore I was done with the series.

These old guns just sound so gooooood.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
By staying away from the internet for a day or so, have I actually managed to avoid the "I didn't get a SNES classic and Nintendo is super duper dumb!!" drama and hot Nintendo takedowns on Youtube?
I think I might have!

pizzacat

Banned
They can barely put out unedited content, just imagine the time it would take for them to edit a billion jump cuts after every word like every other trailer breakdown channel
This east we're talking about. The backbone of all GB. If anyone got the skills over there it's them

- J - D -

Yay! But I think I'm gonna skip the 40 this time though. Sometimes you no longer want bottom shelf struggle beer.

Though they'd probably get a ton more hits per video if they did that.

pizzacat

Banned
It would be using those skills for evil though.
It's not so much evil, it's the future

Games arent that important today. Comic book movies Game of Thrones talk that's what gets the clicks

Who would lead on a 2 hour a week show detailing the previous got episode while also taking calls about fan theories and the such

The call in thing makes me think Abby since she's just perfect at improv and I bet alex can really get into like a gimmick fantasy voice to give good detailed version of the episode

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Games arent that important today. Comic book movies Game of Thrones talk that's what gets the clicks

Who would lead on a 2 hour a week show detailing the previous got episode while also taking calls about fan theories and the such

The call in thing makes me think Abby since she's just perfect at improv and I bet alex can really get into like a gimmick fantasy voice to give good detailed version of the episode

NO,

WE MUST RETURN TO THE CORRECT TIMELINE.

IT'S BERENSTEIN NOT BERENSTAIN.

oti

Banned

image.php

You're really good at envisioning this hell.
Do you work in marketing?

By staying away from the internet for a day or so, have I actually managed to avoid the "I didn't get a SNES classic and Nintendo is super duper dumb!!" drama and hot Nintendo takedowns on Youtube?
I think I might have!

yeah but you also missed Half-Life 2: Episode 3's plot being dropped by the writer

and Kiwami 2 being leaked

and the Secret of Mana remake

that's an L if you ask me

pizzacat

Banned
Ha

The progenitor of this new wave of multimedia entertainment is none other than dan ryckert

He's always appealed to the consumer as a friend, uninformed but lovable, sorta like golden era Simpsons homer, his hiring made it easy to transition to this but I don't think him alone is enough to make the GB consumers buy something above the $300 mark

You all bought the Fast and Furious dvds and blu rays but didn't take the extra step into buying a Subaru as the ads intended

Does GB need another dan ryckert like?

oti

Banned
Just realized something. Maybe this makes me an old man (which is not far from the case), but after watching 45 minutes of this Jeff and Ben stream, I realized I much prefer this to Steal My Sunshine or Blue Bombin'.

It's so much more focused on the actual game and even their banter is focused on the game, or tangents to the game.

So what you're saying is you like QLs? They know, that's why QL surely are their top priority. Some of their QLs are pretty long too.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yeah Film and 40s is another thing that makes me wonder what this website is becoming. It made a little sense when they did Fast and Furious movies because those have always been kind of an in-joke at Giant Bomb. But now they're doing other somewhat random movies.

what

gbe crew is hilarious - love that they are doing more movie riffs

best $50/ year spent

Aselith

Yeah Film and 40s is another thing that makes me wonder what this website is becoming. It made a little sense when they did Fast and Furious movies because those have always been kind of an in-joke at Giant Bomb. But now they're doing other somewhat random movies.

Well, their inspiration for QL's was MST3000 I believe so I guess they're just slowly becoming more that?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
My biggest problem with F&40s is that they almost exclusively watxh movies I have less than 0 interest in. They Live is actually the first one I like

Why are you people suddenly so confused about Giant Bomb putting out non-gaming content? They've been doing that stuff since almost the beginning of the site. Alt + F1, the wrestling podcast, Ryan's TANG series (tangentially game related I guess), the book podcasts...

Also Film & 40s has been around for years now.

- J - D -

The days of Giant Bomb needing to fill an exclusively gaming-only space ended the day they left Whiskey Media's web of enthusiast sites.

So I don't know which version of Fate of the Furious they'll record a commentary for if they didn't but I have a theatrical code for whoever wants it/first quote.

I know they stuck to extended versions for F&40s but Universal made that digital only (which I redeemed sorry :p) so hoping they just stick to theatrical.

So I don't know which version of Fate of the Furious they'll record a commentary for if they didn't but I have a theatrical code for whoever wants it/first quote.

I know they stuck to extended versions for F&40s but Universal made that digital only (which I redeemed sorry :p) so hoping they just stick to theatrical.

yes please

Probably not gonna get to They Live F&40s anytime soon.

Playing Pickleball tonight.
The Mayweather/McGregor fight tomorrow
Work on Sunday.
Work all weekend for that matter.

I'll get to it when I can.

Hope Blue Bombin is another fun one.

Mr. F

Banned
That and them not knowing some super basic stuff is what I can't stand. In the Monster Hunter video Brad couldn't tell with confidence whether it was coming out for Xbox or not. Like, what are you doing? Know the facts before you start recording? Just look it up then and there? What's stopping you?

what

You're surprised? Brad's entire thing is stating second/third hand information as fact but prefacing it with "I think I heard/I think people on Twitter/I though there was some scuttlebutt about"

Top Bottom