• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I’m not really sure what Vinny was trying to get at with the discussion about Abby selling back her games. Seems like he thought that amount of money was a pittance for the games she traded, but Dan was totally right that GameStop usually doesn’t pay out well for games.

As someone who sells back literally every gaming related thing I can, I totally get Abby’s position. Especially now that she wants to play more games than ever.

Yeah she's a low level employee working in New York who suddenly has to play a lot of games. Selling back her old games is the smart way to go.

Jakoo

I’m not really sure what Vinny was trying to get at with the discussion about Abby selling back her games. Seems like he thought that amount of money was a pittance for the games she traded, but Dan was totally right that GameStop usually doesn’t pay out well for games.

As someone who sells back literally every gaming related thing I can, I totally get Abby’s position. Especially now that she wants to play more games than ever.

Yeah shes literally in a job where she needs to have played (at least a trivial amount of) every major 2017 game for the GOTY discussions. Even if Gamestop items gives crummy credit amounts, that's worth more then games just collecting dust on a shelf if you'll never go back to them. I am kind of surprised though that GBE/Gamespot doesn't have a library of some kind where folks can loan out copies for themselves though.

Between that and Vinny's Reggie/Nintendo rant, Vinny seemed SUPER salty this episode--perhaps the saltiest I've ever heard him. It's funny, because even salty Vinny is still pretty gregarious and lovable.

Zaph

Dan, you're killing me. When Vinny says "I'm bringing the audio up" it's a polite way of saying shut up so people can sync. It's always you.

Capitalism is bad and aliens are our oppressors.

People we're homeless! Then the police smashed up their shelters!

P.S

I also went to film school, twice.

don't jeff and brad have access to like any steam game they want? i thought there was some sort of dream steam access that allowed you to just play whatever game

Hasney

Yeah, I didn't mean my film and 40's take to be a criticisim, but they're now your friends who come over and give no shits about the movie rather than just banter about the film..

To listen to it away from the movie, it's funny. Putting either Battle Royale or They Live alongside the audio file is a bad move though.

Wunder

don't jeff and brad have access to like any steam game they want? i thought there was some sort of dream steam access that allowed you to just play whatever game

yeah think they have those press accounts, I don't know if they give those out anymore? I think they use the family sharing thing to get access to the games but it wouldn't work to share around the office since only one person can access the entire library at once

Hasney

So I should listen to the Battle Royale F&40s while watching They Live, is what you're telling me

If you know the film, sure. I saw people watching the F&F films for the first time with them though, and that's a bad way to do it.

EDIT: Wait, you bamboozled me as I've been drinking. Yes, do that and report back.

Just say they only put up the job posting for Drews replacement yesterday. Jeez.

Is it at least for a senior / experienced video duder?
They could use one of those on the West Coast

Yeah, if you know the film or simply dont care then watching and listening is the way to go. They still discuss whats going on, but there is a bit of off topic talk.

bjork

Just say they only put up the job posting for Drews replacement yesterday. Jeez.

Is it at least for a senior / experienced video duder?
They could use one of those on the West Coast

They need to hire Kreayshawn for the west coast spot. She's produced video and would probably want to go back to the bay.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Yeah Film and 40s is another thing that makes me wonder what this website is becoming. It made a little sense when they did Fast and Furious movies because those have always been kind of an in-joke at Giant Bomb. But now they're doing other somewhat random movies.

what it was always meant to be. catch all entertainment site, but for stuff they care about and not for shit they don't care about. hopefully jeff starts interviewing bands soon.

daveo42

Banned
I thought that KFC VR thing was really lame. I felt like that narrator wasn't funny at all. Surprised Dan enjoyed it.

I was expecting more insanity from it than it delivered, but overall it was neat, hilarious, and just a little creepy. I still want Taco Bell to put one out and then see Dan play it.

Phatmac

This happened to me with Mario + Rabbids. I contacted Amazon support and they said they couldn’t guarantee release date delivery but they upgraded me to 1 day shipping for free.
It's happening for all of my game orders now for some reason. I don't know why though.

Hasney

This happened to me with Mario + Rabbids. I contacted Amazon support and they said they couldn’t guarantee release date delivery but they upgraded me to 1 day shipping for free.

It's happening for all of my game orders now for some reason. I don't know why though.

What's going on? The edit confused me and I'm always in the EU cheap thread with delivery times. Might niy be able to help if you're yanks though

Phatmac

What's going on? The edit confused me and I'm always in the EU cheap thread with delivery times. Might niy be able to help if you're yanks though
All of my pre orders for games are being delivered late. This wasn't the case for me usually. I don't know why.

Top Bottom