• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Kaizer

Banned
Ya know, I just realized I've only watched the F&40s they've done this year for the Fast & Furious movies, the Battle Royale one & now They Live. I never listened to the Dan & Drew ones for Commando, Rocky IV & Hunt For Red October. I assume those are pretty good though?

fqdv6o7oczhz.jpg

Meneses

Ya know, I just realized I've only watched the F&40s they've done this year for the Fast & Furious movies, the Battle Royale one & now They Live. I never listened to the Dan & Drew ones for Commando, Rocky IV & Hunt For Red October. I assume those are pretty good though?

Those are better because they pay slightly more attention to the movies and get slightly less drunk, sidetracked and annoying.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Boy this sure sounds like a.. riveting... game...

https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/24/ko...-invitational-by-trolling-his-way-to-the-top/

The details of how this happened are even more interesting. In his first round, he went all the way to the starting island and spent most of the time making his way back to the main island being chased by the blue.

He showed impressive restraint and knew exactly when to heal, and which item to use. The blue eventually got to him after he scored a single kill, landing him at number 20.

The second game saw a bit more action, but even still, he completely avoided confrontations. He ended up winning it with only two kills. The third game is the most impressive, however.

Repeating the same tactic from game one, Evermore again took a boat to the starting island. By the time the final few circles were identified, he realised that he’d need to go all the way to the military base island, that’s almost across the entire map.

But he never gave up, he continued to overpower the blue several times until he finally reached the south side of military island. But it wasn’t enough. After trying to climb the rocks a few times at different spots and failing, he eventually decided to scout for an easier spot down the coast. He ran across another player along the way and killed him.

This would be his only kill in that round. After finally finding a decent spot to climb from, he got stuck in the rocks – a bug Battlegrounds players are very familiar with. Even then, he kept on healing and healing until he used up all of the available healing items.

He finished at number nine, and this is the game that got him the $15,000 chicken dinner.

oti

Banned
Such a good video game.
The points system sounds really odd though. Of course they can't play best out five or something with 100 players. But still. This shows the worst aspects of the game make you actually win it.

GOTY for sure.
"We're Giant Bomb's most beloved members." - Rorie (speaking about himself and Ben).

That self-awareness. Cuts to the bone, man.

Sounds like a fucking parody.

Which means it can only be the most fitting truth about pubg.
You can tell Rorie doesn't care at all about the idiots. Ben does, unfortunately but understandibly. I wonder if Jeff is going to adress this in any shape or form.

- J - D -

You can tell Rorie doesn't care at all about the idiots. Ben does, unfortunately but understandibly. I wonder if Jeff is going to adress this in any shape or form.

Jeff gotta play the dad role and put his foot down. I hope he does, but I think it's more than likely Ben will just tough it out (though he really shouldn't have to).

The greatest winning strategy: healing while stuck in a rock.

Spectacular spectating of the hottest actions in the game.

Imagine watching this hot action on ESPN.

Necro

Banned
Such a good video game.
The points system sounds really odd though. Of course they can't play best out five or something with 100 players. But still. This shows the worst aspects of the game make you actually win it.

GOTY for sure.

What idiots? Whatd I miss!

Wunder

The greatest winning strategy: healing while stuck in a rock.

Spectacular spectating of the hottest actions in the game.

lol im not really sure what the problem is? The tournament format incentivized placement far more than kills. A single kill netted you 5 points but a win gets you 500. The majority of the tournament was also in third person, which is heavily favoured for defensive players. All this together with it being the first major tournament for a significant amount of money, and most people would probably opt to play safe rather than guns blazing.

Yes, the entire stream was just about spectating people healing in the blue and no one got killed.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
lol im not really sure what the problem is? The tournament format incentivized placement far more than kills. A single kill netted you 5 points but a win gets you 500. The majority of the tournament was also in third person, which is heavily favoured for defensive players. All this together with it being the first major tournament for a significant amount of money, and most people would probably opt to play safe rather than guns blazing.

Yes, the entire stream was just about spectating people healing in the blue and no one got killed.

Yes.

Sounds like a great esports to watch.

Sounds like a great game to watch if you want to win.

Zero315

Banned
Took a while to get to that point though and from what Rorie's been saying he still gets a lot of mean emails. :(
This makes me so sad, Rorie is such a good dude. :(

Been a fan of his since Screened. Screened was so good, I miss the Oscar hate watches. Shame all that hard work he and Alex did is just gone.

Zero315

Banned
He has been getting a ton of hate all-around. His site PMs and Twitter.
https://twitter.com/PackBenPack/status/901333886797463552

Ugh... that's terrible. :(

Maan that's fucked.

It's worse because he is being denied places he probably goes to chill out, but meets hate there.

Fuck the ben haters. That's why I stopped whining about him, it just ain't healthy.

Yeah, I still have my gripes with him, but overall I think he's been getting better.

Dan immediately launching into a flossing conversation already makes Blue Bombin' better than Unprofessional Fridays, not that it's hard to do.

As someone with extensive dental issues (bad acid damage/erosion owing to GERD and frequent stomach issues) I found the whole conversation a pleasant distraction.

Strax

Relistening to Powerbombcast.

Dan meeting Xavier Woods (and Paige, Brad Maddox and more) for the first time is such a Dan story.

Jacqli

My first year subscription! (well, and first subscription as well)

What are your must-see? I was starting with Steal My Sunshine and The Exquisite Corps. But I want to see also a lot of older videos like Bladerunner, Backflips and Bioforge, some FMV games… But I am a bit lost with their old stuff.

Top Bottom