• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My first year subscription! (well, and first subscription as well)

What are your must-see? I was starting with Steal My Sunshine and The Exquisite Corps. But I want to see also a lot of older videos like Bladerunner, Backflips and Bioforge, some FMV games… But I am a bit lost with their old stuff.

Backflips is essential.

Wunder

What are your must-see? I was starting with Steal My Sunshine and The Exquisite Corps. But I want to see also a lot of older videos like Bladerunner, Backflips and Bioforge, some FMV games… But I am a bit lost with their old stuff.

Mario Party Party
Metal Gear Scanlon
Demo Derby
Game Tapes

Hi and welcome! The suggestions you've been given are good and since you mentioned FMV games, I strongly recommend their Contradiction series, starting with the Quick Look.

So GB has never looked at Unexplored, even on UPF? For shame GB. Best roguelike of the year.

(This is my stealthy prod to make it happen.)

Quick list (qlcrew can help you find these videos if GB's search isn't sufficing.):
  • Any Dark Souls or Demon Souls videos,
  • Load our Last Save,
  • classic Quick Looks like Eurotruck Simulator, Ravaged, Wipeout 2, New Super Mario Bros, etc.
  • the Fortune Street TNT,
  • Project BEAST
  • The Deadly Premonition Endurance Run (your pick of Brad/Ryan or Jeff/Vinny. Both are great.)
  • Hitsmas
  • All Mario Party Parties
  • Some great Unprofessional Fridays, like the Cat Mario one, but I can't remember the dates for them.

There's way more but I should stop.

Hopefully GB's theoretical site redesign makes it easier to peruse their video library.

They announced a Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star game from the Yakuza crew. Then the Kiryu voice actor comes out dressed like,

fRNe6rs.png

Meneses

This Yakuza stream is kinda wild lol

The dude who plays Kiryu is on stage and looks like a freaking rock star and they're announcing a new Fist of the North Star game voiced by him for some reason.

edit: lol yeah what he said. ^^

Oh nice, wasn't going to follow the Yakuza stream since Kiwami 2 got leaked, but apparently there are "still surprises".

Well, the game is official now and also features a new Majima chapter. It also uses the Yakuza 6 engine.

What are your must-see? I was starting with Steal My Sunshine and The Exquisite Corps. But I want to see also a lot of older videos like Bladerunner, Backflips and Bioforge, some FMV games... But I am a bit lost with their old stuff.

Welcome aboard!

AUBCm03.gif

Be sure to check the OP as I put some small descriptions on things that may entice you to watch said thing.

Jacqli

Hi and welcome! The suggestions you've been given are good and since you mentioned FMV games, I strongly recommend their Contradiction series, starting with the Quick Look.

So GB has never looked at Unexplored, even on UPF? For shame GB. Best roguelike of the year.

Quick list (qlcrew can help you find these videos if GB's search isn't sufficing.):
  • Any Dark Souls or Demon Souls videos,
  • Load our Last Save,
  • classic Quick Looks like Eurotruck Simulator, Ravaged, Wipeout 2, New Super Mario Bros, etc.
  • Project BEAST
  • The Deadly Premonition Endurance Run (your pick of Brad/Ryan or Jeff/Vinny. Both are great.)
  • Hitsmas
  • Some great Unprofessional Fridays, like the Cat Mario one, but I can't remember the dates for them.

Hopefully GB's theoretical site redesign makes it easier to peruse their video library.

Really appreciate your recommendations, guys. Everything you are saying fits perfectly with what I am looking for.

I have already seen several Quick Looks from youtube and that and their best of GB videos are what made me subscribe. Love their style: playing weird games, doing even weirder things in them, challenges and so on.

Welcome aboard!

[IMG*]http://i.imgur.com/AUBCm03.gif[/IMG]

Be sure to check the OP as I put some small descriptions on things that may entice you to watch said thing.
Thank you. <3 And I will, it is a nice guide from what I am reading.

oti

Banned
They should do it for the anime just because it's batshit insane without taking the movie into account

Seeing what people here have to say about the other F&Fs I think I'll just skip them. A somewhat entertaining audio track for a somewhat entertaining movie doesn't sound that entertaining to me. But a hilarious audio track for an anime trainwreck? Sign me up!

Oh this tells me I need to watch this.
They should've done a Film and &#55356;&#57211; for this.

the ending...lmao(duckroll summed it up best)
Light's dad realizes he is Kira and confronts him in the hospital bed. He admits it and starts revealing how he pulled off the entire climax and cover up to outsmart L, we see a flashback montage as The Power of Love starts playing, meanwhile L realizes Light wasn't lying about how Mia was the one who killed the FBI agents, not him, which means there's still a page of the Death Note in her Calculus book. He rushes to her room to find it, and starts to right Light's name on the page while looking totally broken and insane. The Power of Love is STILL playing as Ryuk laughs and laughs and laughs in the hospital and mocks Light. Light has a look of "oh shit" oh his face as it cuts straight into credits while The Power of Love continues playing.

The credit sequence has outtakes and random behind the scenes footage edited between the credits. Totally.... bizarre and playful.

kiguel182

I spoiled myself on the Death Note movie since I had no interest in seeing it and well, I now think I need to see it! I read the manga (didn’t see the anime).

They should do film and 40’s of crappy movies. Altought if they don’t talk about the movie then I guess why bother? Part of the reason I didn’t listen to the new ones were people saying they barely payed attention to the movie.

At least on Fast And Furious they were always joking about the movie. Barely went off topic.

Hasney

Jesus christ kiwami 2 is in december?

I know it's japan only for now but that's a lot of yakuza in a very short time.

We get the Kiwami 2 announcement and Sony's yearly Yajuza show AKA PSX

Mario and Rabbids arrived first so playing that while Everybody's Golf and Kiwami install. I'm a little overwhelmed with the vidyas.

Bought an extension for my subscription. Then, I was told I was on a free trial I could not view any videos. So, I canceled the free trial portion of my subscription, and now it says my subscription ends today and renews tomorrow. Before this error, my subscription was going to run out in 2018. This was going to renew my subscription through 2019. Sure hope I don't get charged on my credit card a duplicate tomorrow morning!

Guess I should email support with photos. Also, maybe not a good idea to mention a billing error at the end of an article and not the beginning.

Emailed Rorie. Now I got charged full price for a subscription and it renews in 2018 when I shouldn't have gotten charged in the first place and I should renew in 2019. My account is a mess now.

I'll wait until my account gets fixed before I ask for a refund on the full charge price.

Edit: how fast is support usually? Especially billing stuff?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
"For the longest time if you search for matthew rorie the google autocomplete is matthew rorie puppies and then matthew rorie gay."

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I had similar thoughts in the past.

Diancecht

Holy shit that They Live was fucking dog shit. I agree with Abby and Jeff. Fucking low-tier, "I am a freshman and this is my social commentary short movie" ass full feature. I never liked J.C. but that was D O G S H I T.

Yakuza 2 remake
Fist of the North Star by the Yakuza team.
New Yakuza main protagonist for whatever comes after 6.

Thats at least 2 PSX's for Gio Corsi. Dude still gets to talk about Yakuza 6 some more at this years one too!

• [*]Any Dark Souls or Demon Souls videos,
  • Load our Last Save,
  • Project BEAST
  • Hitsmas

Anything of Vinny playing Dark Souls and Brad playing Demon's Souls is ace.

Rainmaker

Banned
Just wrapped up this week's content by listening to the Bombcast Aftershow. I felt like West had a real good week and I hope it continues.

LegoArmo

"For the longest time if you search for matthew rorie the google autocomplete is matthew rorie puppies and then matthew rorie gay."

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I had similar thoughts in the past.
I just get Twitter, Twitch, YouTube and height.

Times have changed I guess.

Top Bottom