• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Jintor

An hour into Nier Automata Route C... so far this is even more baffling than the other two! I'm hype though. I think I did as many side quests as I can take in Route B so I'll probably just plow through to the end this weekend.

God I really like nier:a

What a fucking game

BTA

PayPal was still unhelpful (apparently I have to rely on blind faith that any future transaction will work given that I apparently can't send money or add it to my wallet; I guess I'll buy something small somewhere to test now?) but at least they changed my address on to fix their website's mistake (it was repeating my city in the second address line instead of my apartment number?) so there's that.

Guess I gotta call NISA tomorrow to actually deal with this.

this was a huge waste of time

justjim89

I wish Dave was still on staff. He'd be in love with Divinity: Original Sin 2. Maybe Rorie will get into it. Only a few hours in, but it's a pretty impressive game so far.

RBH

2699180-marioparty2_gb.gif

Jintor

I've a sudden urge to buy Samus returns

I actually played through Metroid 2 on VC only two years ago and rather enjoyed it actually

BTA

I'm halfway through the latest DNB, and though I think it's worse than the past few it's also not outright bad or anything? Just sorta slow.

If anything I'm surprised that, given how Abby sounds, they're just recording on Ben's end and not recording locally and combining? They should get Austin on to teach them about clapping...

EDIT:

Earlier this week I saw a man walking 7 dogs at once and they all turned to look at me as they went by and I don't know when the next time I feel as good as I did when I was blessed by the smiles of 7 dogs simultaneously will be.

Finally went back for the last shrine I was missing in BotW. I was told to look for a someone after doing so, and man, I was really caught off guard by
Kass's final song building to the Legend of Zelda theme, not to mention him finally going "I mean, clearly you're the dude" and asking you to accept the song
. Small moment, but super cathartic.

I know it's not really what people come to Zelda for, but I really hope they go all-in on the narrative in the inevitable follow-up. So many of the scattered bits of storytelling in BotW are great.

Going by what Vinny said I'm going toguess that it's a lot of people calling him an SJW?

Lemme grab some quotes.

Mike G
16 hours ago
Vinny manages to say something dumber than Dan in this video.

Nic K
14 hours ago
No you guys!
Masculinity is like totally a bad thing, and we should get rid of it. As a society I mean. We evolved to a point where we COULD be if we tried hard enough (and we should be!) big sloppy wet vaginas so that everyone and everything is nice, comfortable and fluffy. Like totally file all the edges off. I mean gore in video games? And blood?And body horror? And God forbid... explosions? YUH is what I say to that!

James Dean
15 hours ago
Cringed hard at vinny this episode, jesus christ.

alec j
1 hour ago
Yeah, the devs liked Metroid but didnt want the main character to be a girl....so they made a game to correct that huuuuuuge problem.

What is wrong with you.

I used to really like the people on this website.

They need some actual diversity at Giant Bomb.....someone that has a perspective from outside the two most leftist cities in America....

Apex Brooklyn
9 hours ago
When the best party member becomes the worst party member.

It was a good run, Vinny.

These are the most liked comments on the video.

derFeef

He jokingly said the game(Whatever the game was) made Metroid Prime but without the girl in a joking way.

I forgot the exact quote. It looked like a stupid game tbh. An edgy metroid prime.

Oh because this is the game that finally enables those "I can't/don't want play as female cahracters" kids to enjoy a metroid game? okydoky...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ok are we just posting random gamergate messages now?

Then again which steam game has a black lesbian main character? Only game I can think of is Black closet.

Sorry... I am just very angry about this lately, let's not do this.
It's for Death of the Outsider.

Yeah, people are shitbags. Don't feel too bad, and honestly fuck the people giving Vinny shit for it. VInny is a funny guy, and it's obvious he was mocking the people who say that shit 'HURRR THIS IS A MANS GAME NOW'. Which is fine with me. Those people deserve mocking.

But then you have tards who take him seriously.

Jintor

Like one of the reasons I hang out here is so I don't have to talk about giant bomb solely with dumbasses, or, at least, I can talk about it with dumbasses I like

Tolerate is even stronger.

I would say we exist near each other. Tip our hats, go along our way, never look each other in the eye. We're like snakes in a jar.

patapuf

I wish Dave was still on staff. He'd be in love with Divinity: Original Sin 2. Maybe Rorie will get into it. Only a few hours in, but it's a pretty impressive game so far.

It's really great.

The way in which they use the origin system is fun. You can mix and match different origins or pick a pre-made one and it gives you different conversation options throughout the game (the pre made ones are unique to boot).

In general i feel the writing is pretty great. Funny, while still taking itself a bit more seriously than the first. The companions are much more fleshed out and most of them have been pretty enganging so far. One elf is obsessed with sticking needles into people to exact her revenge for past slights.

I'm looking forward to playing more this weekend.

Top Bottom