• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Lari

I would recommend watching Blue Bombin'

But also I feel i'm the only person who actually enjoys those not just because of the side talk.

I don't think I articulated this well in the podcast. If people didn't give up on Mr. Pie after he intentionally sought out to use anti-semitism as a vehicle for humor then I have nothing left to say to those people. As for the apology, again, I didn't articulate well. I was really just trying to contrast it to the non-apology he tried to give when called for "Death to Jews." I thought that would be the end of trying to give him cover, but people continue to be shocked and my patience for folks trying to give him context or excuses is done. The amount feedback I got after raking him over the coals for why we should have zero tolerance for that gave me a good perspective for how blindly folks will follow him and it frustrates me. Bigoted, ignorant guy says more bigoted ignorant stuff. I hate that he has such a big and eager audience. I want to shake them and scream WAKE UP. I was done with him after that. I don't think I expressed well my contempt, and I'm actually really sorry if I came off like defending him. I was more shocked this one got an actual apology when he just blew off that last bit as a zany gag. I felt it was way more premeditated and vicious, but again, I don't think I expressed that well and that makes me feel like crap.

Thanks for posting Vinny. As others have said anyone who follows you knows where you stand.

Excited for the playdate!

But also I feel i'm the only person who actually enjoys those not just because of the side talk.

Nah I enjoy it too, you're not alone haha

oti

Banned
I want to see some of those games everyone is talking about!

I wonder if a weekly show in which they play some of the current releases of the week would work. A structured UPF so to speak. In theory I'd say yes, but they talk about these games on the podcasts already so it might be too much.

BTA

The recent ones I've watched I mainly watched for the side talk but it's not like I didn't enjoy the actual game playing part either.

OnEVrNq.jpg

I don't think I articulated this well in the podcast. If people didn't give up on Mr. Pie after he intentionally sought out to use anti-semitism as a vehicle for humor then I have nothing left to say to those people. As for the apology, again, I didn't articulate well. I was really just trying to contrast it to the non-apology he tried to give when called for "Death to Jews." I thought that would be the end of trying to give him cover, but people continue to be shocked and my patience for folks trying to give him context or excuses is done. The amount feedback I got after raking him over the coals for why we should have zero tolerance for that gave me a good perspective for how blindly folks will follow him and it frustrates me. Bigoted, ignorant guy says more bigoted ignorant stuff. I hate that he has such a big and eager audience. I want to shake them and scream WAKE UP. I was done with him after that. I don't think I expressed well my contempt, and I'm actually really sorry if I came off like defending him. I was more shocked this one got an actual apology when he just blew off that last bit as a zany gag. I felt it was way more premeditated and vicious, but again, I don't think I expressed that well and that makes me feel like crap.

I missed this earlier, but thanks for the response, Vinny. Listening to that segment of the Beastcast felt off, and I think that was part of the reason why. The discussion about DCMA is super important, but this helps clarify all that a little better.

BTA

Oh wow, I just realized I never saw the end of Project BEAST either.

I was a few episodes behind and... it either lost my progress in an episode or I fell asleep during one and it completed, and then I wasn't even sure what episode I was on and didn't want to risk rewatching a couple hours. Guess I should just pick an episode and jump back in at some point.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Thanks Vinny

I wonder if we would have gotten more Project B.E.A.S.T if it wasn’t for the labor issues with the developer. I always wished they tried to do a Duna mission.

Also, Sad Vinny makes me sad.

Edit: I also agree with Vinny that Project B.E.A.S.T was one of my favorite things they've done.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Video game sites

image2avkw4.jpg

and Jeff's comment on the bombcast about ads being checked off for gaming is the realest shit. I've never been in a hobby with this high of shithead percentages as gaming. Not even close. Like people will say 'oh all fanboys are bad' with some #notallgamers shit but its not even CLOSE and everyone seems to realize it but gamers

Real Hero

how do people decide fans of something are 'the worst'. What specifically about rick and morty fans makes them so bad I don't get it

daveo42

Banned
Man, I had no clue Abby wanted to go into Aerospace Engineering and become an astronaut. I almost went to college for Aerospace Engineering thanks to my love of space. Still wish I would have done that, but math is hard, physics is harder, and I completely suck at proofs.

Top Bottom