• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Harpuia

Ah yes, I remember when they were talking about VR like it was going to be the second coming of Jesus.

Man, they were all sold on VR. I guess I would've had the same affect...had it not been for the price point that the Oculus and Vive had. And if they made more spots available in stores for people to try it out.

Augmented Reality seems to be the wave of the future now. VR is still kicking too, but it's fallen away from mattering even a little in video games. There's still a little bit of opportunity for VR, but man oh man did GB talk it up a whooooooolle lot in 2015.

Shocked they haven't done a vr rodeo for Lone Echo, it's a system seller.

Or Wilson's Heart which is neat. Lot of big games ignored.

Frank West looks like an abomination.

BTA

good in theory but the game was so laughably easy you had to make an effort to die once you were a couple of hours in

This, so much, especially because it was way way too easy to perma-kill. Whenever someone praises the Nemesis system I wish I had the experience they did because I did most of the available side content before continuing the story as I played and it made me so strong that I never died unless I intended to and I would always perma-kill orcs instead of having them come back.

I didn't even recognize the name of my supposed nemesis at the end.

MvC:I is so frustrating to me, because it looks like it's a decent fighting game, and I appreciate anything that's trying to make any franchise (especially after MvC3) more accessible to new or existing players.

But, I just can't feel anything for it. Between the lack of enjoyable presentation (again, a subjective thing) and the obvious DLC roadmap (which makes me want to wait a year or two) I just can't get excited about it.

I don't understand any of the praise for RE7. After the first 2 or 3 hours of the game the family stops chasing you and it becomes a terrible shooter with LITERALLY ONE ENEMY TYPE. The tone is all over the place with the Saw segment being particularly suspect.

It's a bad horror game, a bad shooter and all it has going for it is the presentation.

- J - D -

MvC:I looks okay. I agree with Rorie I think the criticisms are overblown. But I'll never play it because i'm terrible at the faster fighting games like this and Guilty Gear.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the MvCI graphics complaint wouldnt be as valid if it wasn't for the fact that fighting games look like this now
8953e3c41aa8c215902b0119b7a79dee.gif

t7fwffy05fpxb0domk0m.gif

vs a game being co-funded by the biggest entertainment company in the world

- J - D -

the MvCI graphics complaint wouldnt be as valid if it wasn't for the fact that fighting games look like this now

There's an industry full of anime fighters, and on the other end the likes of MK and Injustice does the realistic style well enough. It's totally okay that MvC:I occupies a space in between those two extremes.

8953e3c41aa8c215902b0119b7a79dee.gif

t7fwffy05fpxb0domk0m.gif

There's also the fact that 90% of the roster are 99% identical to what was in UMVC3, but there are way less fighters. The mechanical changes seem fun, but everything else about it just seems so cheap. They're charging full price for a game that's mostly reused assets.

Joeku

There's an industry full of anime fighters, and on the other end the likes of MK and Injustice does the realistic style well enough. It's totally okay that MvC:I occupies a space in between those two extremes.

If the space in between is off-model designs and relatively flat presentation (especially for a crossover game), I think the extremes are the place to be.

I don't understand any of the praise for RE7. After the first 2 or 3 hours of the game the family stops chasing you and it becomes a terrible shooter with LITERALLY ONE ENEMY TYPE. The tone is all over the place with the Saw segment being particularly suspect.

It's a bad horror game, a bad shooter and all it has going for it is the presentation.

I think the first half of the game is fantastic. Wonderful dense, nasty ass atmosphere with great pacing. The game starts to falter after you get done with
Marguerite
for the second time. Your complaint about the enemy stands though, however, within the context of the game itself I can understand why it was just one type(for the most part). I wouldn't say RE7 is a bad game though, not by a long shot.

Phu

Banned

MvC pulls from a comic book/cartoony style and I don't think that's wildly different enough from the cartooniness of anime to give it a pass.

- J - D -

If the space in between is off-model designs and relatively flat presentation (especially for a crossover game), I think the extremes are the place to be.

I think the flat presentation is actually fairly representative of the current state of Capcom's fighters and Marvel's MCU focus, which save for a couple films has a rather consistently flat style. So in a way it's the perfect crossover of those two universes.

I dunno, I think it looks fine.

Only getting MVC:I because it's $30 on PC at cdkeys.

It looks like a real bummer besides that.

Likewise. I think the tagging in at any point and gem system will be pretty cool. Plus, Ghost Rider doesn't seem ass in this version so the hundreds of hours I spent with him might finally pay off!

- J - D -

MvCI is brand new.

Oh when you said "MvC" I thought you were referring to the first and second MvC games.

In any case, I will say that I'm not impressed by the roster of MvC:I. Sure they'll add more but the first group seems kinda boring and predictable.

This, so much, especially because it was way way too easy to perma-kill. Whenever someone praises the Nemesis system I wish I had the experience they did because I did most of the available side content before continuing the story as I played and it made me so strong that I never died unless I intended to and I would always perma-kill orcs instead of having them come back.

I didn't even recognize the name of my supposed nemesis at the end.

yup, same, it was a literal who.gif moment

There was a certain charm to the early Marvel/Xmen/MvC games in seeing these characters in a Capcom/Japanese art style, accompanied by random funky jazz tunes. All of that is lost with this new game. It just looks so safe and devoid of any personality.

I wish there was a game that was nothing but Destiny styled raids. Figuring the mechanics out and coordinating with the rest of your team to accomplish a difficult task feels so rewarding. There shouldn't need to be such a huge grind to get to that point.

Top Bottom