• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

BTA

I played so much Rabbids today, just collecting stuff I missed in world 3 and doing challenges and such.

It's not really what I planned to play today but it's a lot of fun.

Rainmaker

Banned
I wish there was a game that was nothing but Destiny styled raids. Figuring the mechanics out and coordinating with the rest of your team to accomplish a difficult task feels so rewarding. There shouldn't need to be such a huge grind to get to that point.

I felt like the Destiny 2 grind was really quick and easy but I'd be all in on a game full of raids

Zero315

Banned
The first half or so of that movie is so goddamn good. Think it goes waaaaaaaaay downhill once Dev Patel and Rooney Mara are introduced though. At least it ends well.
Agreed.

The first half is incredible, second is meh, end is pretty strong though.
The fucking gut punch at the end about the brother wrecked me.

Heck yeah, Ted Leo and Blood Orange namedrops on the Beastcast.

Also, I'm pretty sure the new Mastodon thing is just straight-up a whole new album.

TraBuch

Banned
I finally decided to sit down and listen to the Judge John Hodgman podcast and I regret not starting it years ago.

Well, at least I have a gigantic library now.

2964473-cp_upf_091517.jpg

Unprofessional Fridays: 09/15/2017
Brad talks to rats, Rorie gets greedy, Jeff has 99 problems, and Jason gets crazy.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I wish there was a game that was nothing but Destiny styled raids. Figuring the mechanics out and coordinating with the rest of your team to accomplish a difficult task feels so rewarding. There shouldn't need to be such a huge grind to get to that point.
Have you heard the good news about Monster Hunter?

Ghost is a weird band, I really like the act and the mystic but the music is kinda... generic?

Both my younger brother (mid-20s) and an older co-worker (early 50s) have seen them. My younger bro LOVES them, but is super into that artsy rock stuff.

I heard of them, saw the costumes, figured Slipknot/Mudvayne kinda music, heard they won a grammy (emmy?), and was super disappointed and confused when I actually heard them.

Scizzy

Has Jeff wasted $50 on Destiny loot boxes and opened them on screen yet? Is he going to? For some reason, probably his disgust with himself, those are always great videos.

Zaph

Just did two thirds of the Destiny raid and now I really hope they stream an attempt. It's 70% timing and team coordination, with only one traditional boss fight. It will be glorious.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Has Jeff wasted $50 on Destiny loot boxes and opened them on screen yet? Is he going to? For some reason, probably his disgust with himself, those are always great videos.

I know i will later tonight.

I bought destiny 2.

Dan's book has really inspired me (Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class)

I'm pitching an idea for a game I've been brewing up for a long time to a dev. Only looking for a prototype based off the mechanic I want it to feature and am aiming for a Kickstarter campaign as my end goal. Really excited since I of course, believe in my vision.

Dan's book has inspired me to just go for what I want, and not worry about how un-realistic my questions are.

He got his job at Game Informer because he wanted it and let others know he wanted it. He also did a ton of work to get there and didn't just get by - by just sitting around.

Thanks for the book, Dan.

ended up getting nier on ps4 pro. put a couple hours into it and just got done with the desert main mission. looks and runs solid. enjoying the world and story, at least as little as I've discovered. definitely interested in playing more. just wanted to note that the soundtrack is blowing my head off... christ. i could have just got the ost and been fine

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh phooey. Got my hopes up.

Still though, that games looks so good. I have my reservations seeing that it's from the bravely default team
fuck the second half of that game
, but I'm willing to give them another chance.

BTA

I'm on world 2-8 of Rabbids and it's uh....really hard? Or maybe I suck at this game?

I don't remember exact sections well enough but I found parts of world 2 and the start of world 3 pretty hard. But that mostly meant a lot of false starts on levels, restarting, and then perfecting without issue once things got going. I'm expecting the start of world 4 to be hard again...

If you're having trouble, it really pays to take a second and think about what characters you're using and the skills you have. Respeccing can be a bit of a hassle (I wish there were profiles or something) but it's free and right there on the skill tree menu, so consider if changing your skills that would help.

Beyond that, if you're still having trouble, if you describe the level more I can try to remember what I did (or go check what team I used in the game itself).

Zeroro

Oh phooey. Got my hopes up.

Still though, that games looks so good. I have my reservations seeing that it's from the bravely default team
fuck the second half of that game
, but I'm willing to give them another chance.

I feel like the only person who was totally fine with the second half of that game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like I've seen a lot of games try to do the pixel art with weird modern effects over it thing but octopath is the first one I've likedi t in

kind of looks like a little diorama.

Zeroro

I feel like I've seen a lot of games try to do the pixel art with weird modern effects over it thing but octopath is the first one I've likedi t in

kind of looks like a little diorama.

I really wish they'd tone down the bloom lighting. They're really overdoing it.

BTA

I just watched that rollercoaster level in a Sunshine speedrun on a whim.

It didn't even take them a single lap.

Also, I finally understand why everyone told them to do the shotgun blast for Shadow Mario and it's also become clear that my suspicions were correct: they need to do it when they're actually close to him. They spam it when they're too far away for most of it to hit him.

Top Bottom