• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
tenor.gif

Mr. F

Banned
is there any indication how fortnight did/is doing? Kind of crazy how little fanfare it feels there has been around it for an Epic game.

DAN CALLS THE 2 STORY TOWERS IN PUBG PILLBOXES

I do too, I call them Pillboxes too.

AFAIK pillboxes were simple one story concrete boxes, often half buried to make them harder to shell. They WERE a similar hexagonal shape to the wizard towers hence looking like pill boxes from the air.

They just had small sits for soldiers to machine gun out of.

They are normally low, and dug into the surrounding countryside.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillbox_(military)

The wizard towers are more like guard towers and would be very easy to see and shell from a distance (in a real war)

AFAIK pillboxes were simple one story concrete boxes, often half buried to make them harder to shell. They WERE a similar hexagonal shape to the wizard towers hence looking like pill boxes from the air.

They just had small sits for soldiers to machine gun out of.

They are normally low, and dug into the surrounding countryside.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillbox_(military)

The wizard towers are more like guard towers and would be very easy to see and shell from a distance (in a real war)

I know lol

I feel in the context of PUBG they're pillboxes

They usually have good vision from one side only, they're kinda walled in with only one entryway, I've always called them pillboxes lol.

robotrock

Banned
Man I've been reading too much PUBG and GTA online news lately, my perspective on numbers is totally fucked. I assumed it had done a couple million lol. Good for them, though - not my bag but nice that it's doing well after so much time in dev.

I honestly am just completely out of it this year regarding game sales. Ghost Recon Wildlands, For Honor, and Injustice 2 all apparently sold really damn well but I never really hear much about them.

I'm watching some DBFightersZ beta on twitch

And oh my god it's a joy to watch. It's fun to watch. It looks fun to play.

My goodness, I think if ArcSys handles this right, they'll have one of the biggest Fighting games in history.

Also despite it's animess, I feel that GB would enjoy this game as well.

I know lol

I feel in the context of PUBG they're pillboxes

They usually have good vision from one side only, they're kinda walled in with only one entryway, I've always called them pillboxes lol.

Yeah that makes sense... It's just a bit weird that they're two storeys... But that's probably one of the less weird things about PUBG :)

Slightly OT. But in previous OTs I said jeff would probably ban PUBG if it's not officially out. At pax etc it sounded like he was definitely going to do that. Does anyone think DAN or Brad can or will override him.

Jintor

my favourite thing is that it's not even a joke from inside the show, it's a metajoke from the show's creators about the show

annie.gif spam goes here

convo

For all the claims that Destiny 2 isn't as mysterious as the first game, there is some high time future magic nonsense in trials of the nine going on. I have enough question marks to last me until the next destiny game.

Rainmaker

Banned
For all the claims that Destiny 2 isn't as mysterious as the first game, there is some high time future magic nonsense in trials of the nine going on. I have enough question marks to last me until the next destiny game.

It's pretty much what I was hoping The Nine would be like. I'm very into it. Too bad I have to play PVP for it!

hamchan

I played a game this weekend that's perfect for podcasts, you get loot for doing anything, it just feels great to play and the numbers just keep going up.

And that game was Everybody's Golf. What a year for video games.

Rainmaker

Banned
god I can't wait for everyone to stop talking about everybody's golf. i just can't see what other people see in it. imagine sitting around hitting a ball into a hole over and over again

Everybody's Golf is good

imBask

Banned
i've played like 10h of Everybody's Golf and have yet to even check the real money store, I don't get why all the reviewers are complaining about the micro-transactions in that game

Top Bottom