• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I would consider Kingsmen to be anything but serious and Kickass to be the tryhard one. Then again, tryhard is a useless expression that means nothing.

You responded enough for it to mean something. What I meant by it is that it tried way too hard to be edgy at times and over explain some of its plot points when it shouldn't have because the tone of the film itself is a parody/satire of sorts. The pacing of the film drags as well in spots. With all of that said, I thought it was a good film and you could do way, WAY worse when it comes to those kinds of films.

I've been listening to The Polygon Show (aka the Persona 5 Fan Cast) after someone in this thread mentioned it, and hey, this is a pretty damn good podcast! I've been working my way through the back catalog and I've added it to my weekly rotation. Check it out if you want a podcast with some charismatic, enthusiastic hosts who are good at riffing on each other. My only beef is I don't dig the trend of most of their emails being lame hypotheticals like "what video game characters would you cast for Survivor" or whatever. Never been into that kinda stuff.

Man this playdate is making me bummed about no more Project B.E.A.S.T. Fuck Beast in the East! Fuck Steal my Sunshine! Fuck Exquisite Corps! Project B.E.A.S.T. is the best thing GBeast has done!

Jintor

guys

project beast was amazing and vinny coming in and try to explaining it to abby based off his half-remembered memories is also amazing

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
#Knack2GOTY

knack2_20170916195802jfsnp.png

Honestly, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It's basically a kid's God Of War. It has the fixed camera, orbs to smash, giant setpieces with QTEs, and huge bosses. Knack may be the ugliest character ever designed, however.

BTA

I don't really see a need for Demo Derby to stick to either coast? I haven't watched it since early on but I'd be interested in seeing Beast do a couple while still having Jeff run some at West.

it's a shame Game Tapes is dead, because that's a better feature for that kind of thing

The nature of Game Tapes makes it even better because in most if not all cases Jeff was actually there and is able to get into the meat and potatoes of whatever the event was so in that sense, you're absolutely right. I still adore that aspect of Demo Derby though. My guess is that we'll get a new Game Tapes after they get a new hire or after they sort out everything that has to do with the new equipment they've installed earlier in the year. Whichever comes first.

robotrock

Banned
I don't really see a need for Demo Derby to stick to either coast? I haven't watched it since early on but I'd be interested in seeing Beast do a couple while still having Jeff run some at West.

Right! It would be great to see them both take cracks at it.

Demo Derby with the East Coast Crew would be real good now actually.

You are missing Jeffs knowledge but since Abby was a fetus for most of the 90's that would be a fun addition. Alex is underrated as far as his well of knowledge goes too. Sure he is not Jeff but he knows his shit and been around.

Or they could keep it west coast and have Ben suck the life out of it. Whatever they decide I guess.

Tagyhag

Demo Derby with the East Coast Crew would be real good now actually.

You are missing Jeffs knowledge but since Abby was a fetus for most of the 90's that would be a fun addition. Alex is underrated as far as his well of knowledge goes too. Sure he is not Jeff but he knows his shit and been around.

Or they could keep it west coast and have Ben suck the life out of it. Whatever they decide I guess.

Damn, I didn't think about getting Abby's take on the games.

Exquisite Corps drinking game: take a shot whenever Vinny says he's not trying to tell someone how to play

at this rate Vinny will be writing the reports for them, too

Maybe Dan and he will be able to continue Danswers!

Well, Elon Musk did say he got verbal approval for an East Coast Hyperloop. It would take 29 minutes to get from DC to NYC. 29 MINUTES!!!

It and every other city in the country.

Well, yeah. That's obvious. But the Baltimore City Mayor, Baltimore County Executive, Maryland Governor are all in agreement about that it would be good for the city (and this is coming from people from both political affiliations!). The Governor will personally lobby Jeff Bezos to come to Baltimore (the Governor was previously a businessman and is highly ranked among the 50 state governors). Also lobbying Amazon are Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank (who is developing a massive area in Baltimore called Port Covington that will house the new UA HQ and hopefully Amazon HQ2) and Goldman Sachs (who are putting money into the said development to lure Amazon to Baltimore). I'm sure other cities are pushing just as hard, though.

Welp, finished Nier Automata. That was... a lot.

Okay so I promise I had no special knowledge earlier when I posted a guess about 2B being a type-E unit. I just had finished that one sidequest about the type-Es and everything kinda fell in place. I do feel bad that someone else might have read that without having finished the game and had their fun ruined though...

Anyway uh... so I'll admit route endings C and D left me kinda cold, but ending E? Holy shit. Genius is the only way to describe it. Just immensely powerful. In the end I never felt especially attached to the characters, but they were serviceable as vehicles to get to the real meat of the game, which is the absolutely incredible exploration of existentialism and humanity. This is definitely a literary game in a way that so few games even try to be, much less succeed at.

- J - D -

It's ok to want things, jeeze

i had a brain fart and still associated the feature with dan and east crew by extension

I guess it would be Dan's baby now that the other parent is off on grand adventures elsewhere. But Jeff is also a parent I guess.

What I'm saying is that Demo Derby is...
hIeM55n.jpg

Top Bottom