• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Social

Banned
Are the two archives of the Oculus livestreams on Youtube completely different? I've been looking through them to see if there is any overlap, but can't find any.

jaina

Are the two archives of the Oculus livestreams on Youtube completely different? I've been looking through them to see if there is any overlap, but can't find any.
completely different yes. second video even misses a couple of minutes (Jeff switching with Brad).
I know it's hard to believe they streamed for this long.

i dont post on any chats because chat apps don't tend to work at the office and once i get home i do silly things like play games and watch quick looks so i dont have time for chat.

this has annoyed people in the past but meh

Myggen

completely different yes. second video even misses a couple of minutes (Jeff switching with Brad).
I know it's hard to believe they streamed for this long.

I think the second video is missing more than a couple of minutes, more like 30 or something like that. The YT stream was down for a short while. Anyways, the archive should be up on the site today going by what Jason wrote on Twitter.

Curufinwe

There's a small crowd that's always talked about this shit on niche japanese game communities, but GG has really latched onto the 'issue' and just exploded it.

I feel like I've gotten close in similar situations as well.

I've definitely wrote a few posts and gone 'that's just me asking for a temp ban' and then deleted them and walked out of the thread.

Those threads always get out of hand. I remember people saying games like Bravely Default and one of the Etrian Odyssey's were designed to appeal to pedophiles, which was an interesting theory to share with my wife while she was playing them.

yami4ct

Those threads always get out of hand. I remember people saying games like Bravely Default and one of the Etrian Odyssey's were designed to appeal to pedophiles, which was an interesting theory to share with my wife while she was playing them.

Etrian Odyssey IV is one of my favorite games of all time. I'm not going to say it's for pedophiles (what a stupid sentiment), but some of the art in that game is super cringeworthy. A lot of it works in the style of the game, but then you get shit like EOV's Necromancer.

EOIV was a fantastic game but you're not going to see me making an avatar of the dancer class and acting like it's not fucking weird

also should I buy this Duck Dynasty piece of crap for $10?

kAmui-

Oh man, I've been looking at that thing and waiting for it to come down enough in price. The quick look made it look like oddly well made dumb game that you might get a few hours of enjoyment out of. This might be the price point where I get in.

Strax

I've said it before and I know there is no chance this will happen but if The Escapist shuts down I'd love for Yahtzee to join GB. Dude is a top 5 game critic of all time with or without ZP.

yami4ct

EOIV was a fantastic game but you're not going to see me making an avatar of the dancer class and acting like it's not fucking weird

If you have to ask, the answer is always yes.

The Dancer is definitely the worst class art in EOIV from a cringe perspective. I don't think she's that bad in context, but I also wouldn't want to have her as an avy.

The Necromancer is definitely the worst EO class to date in that respect.

Teddified

I'm getting a 'no group can be found' from that steam url.

Is this the online equivalent of being told the wrong address for a party?

Yeah it stopped working for me for a bit but it seems to be back now.

e: It seems to be fluctuating a bit it's been slow too wonder if something is wrong with the steam community stuff.....and now it's all fast and snappy.

TraBuch

Banned
That video posted in OT of an entire pub singing Mr Brightside in honor of a friend that died almost brought a tear to my eye.

Also reminded me that I really like that song. Should I be checking out some of The Killers' music?

Myggen

And less than a day after they were at the top of the website...

This actually happened 18 days ago, but the announcement was just in a tiny subreddit dedicated to this kind of stuff so no one noticed until now.

Always difficult to know how much that promotion helped GB. But it was one of the very few good offers in that Promotion, so I have to believe it at least gave the site and the subscription model more visibility.

Myggen

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4cgyf7/so_much_drama_my_printing_press_is_gonna_catch/

8AUndhe.jpg

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I joined pliskin's group and added a handful of names I recognised.

Adding people through the group members list is so tedious.

kAmui-

That's one of the stupidest reviews I've ever read. Is he a serious reviewer or a series of loud noises meant to entertain simpletons?

The steam app is kind of a hassle for a lot of things. I try to use the web version as often as I can. Tabs make all the difference when browsing multiple games or people or whatever. Also enhanced steam is a must have.

Edit: What an odd misquote. Meant to quote Kelas above you. Eh

Strax

All other things being equal, do you really think a dude with this opinion of Mario Maker wouldn't have been murdered by the end of GOTY deliberations

Not really. He makes great points but they are delivered in the hyperbolic ZP way that works better with the video then just in a text form. He points to the same problems Brad and others had with the game.

He wrote about Mario Maker here.

EXTRA PUNCTUATION
The Super Mario Apocalypse Will Never Arrive

His Lets Play are also really good

His youtube channel

A mass rush of people joining the GB GAF steam group up to 47 members now.
I wasn't part of the group! I am now, though.
I've always liked you, Sleepy.
I like you too but please fill out my friend application:

1. Is VR dope as hell, fuck the haters?

2. What is your favorite Hitchcock film?

3. My cat is named after this esoteric Star Wars character (answer in the form of a question)

So what's going on with the RIft stuff on reddit and stuff? Are people disappointed? Something about the FOV?

There are some partially substantiated claims that the FOV on the Rift is not only less than Oculus claimed prior to release, but is less than the DK2 (which was already less than the DK1). Vive is still coming out smelling like roses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom