• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some partially substantiated claims that the FOV on the Rift is not only less than Oculus claimed prior to release, but is less than the DK2 (which was already less than the DK1). Vive is still coming out smelling like roses.

Damn. Is that why it looked so bad on the stream yesterday? I noticed it but I thought that would end up just being some setting the guys just didn't tinker with.

Bowlie

Banned
I wasn't part of the group! I am now, though.

I like you too but please fill out my friend application:

1. Is VR dope as hell, fuck the haters?

2. What is your favorite Hitchcock film?

3. My cat is named after this esoteric Star Wars character (answer in the form of a question)

1. Yeah bro, but I'm a lover not a fighter. They'll realise it soon.
2. Dial M for Murder.
3. Why the fuck is your cat named "Malak"?

Damn. Is that why it looked so bad on the stream yesterday? I noticed it but I thought that would end up just being some setting the guys just didn't tinker with.
I'm not sure. What we were seeing is zero indication of anything, though, as the de-warped perspective is never going to be representative of the player's view. That being said, Drew's reaction to the FOV in Elite certainly made me take notice. FOV was never an issue with tthe DK2 in Elite.
1. Yeah bro, but I'm a lover not a fighter. They'll realise it soon.
2. Dial M for Murder.
3. Why the fuck is your cat named "Malak"?
Good answers, all. Got the cat's name wrong, but I would have been alarmed and put off had you not.

oti

Banned
Oh I see how it is. Establishing a parallel society on "Steam" chatting about "video" "games".

Some people would do anything to talk about anime again.

Zaph

So...for whatever reason I opened a gaf'ers twitch stream from the DOA3 thread and he's just buying bikinis and taking photos while a lady looks at trees. Is that all the game is?

Cannot wait for the ql

edit: oh wait, now she's sitting awkwardly on a bed

edit2: he got an S+ rank for something? I dunno

Dineren

Banned
I'm not sure. What we were seeing is zero indication of anything, though, as the de-warped perspective is never going to be representative of the player's view. That being said, Drew's reaction to the FOV in Elite certainly made me take notice. FOV was never an issue with tthe DK2 in Elite.

This kind of makes me glad that I never upgraded from my DK1, no way I can be disappointed coming from that.

No_Style

So...for whatever reason I opened a gaf'ers twitch stream from the DOA3 thread and he's just buying bikinis and taking photos while a lady looks at trees. Is that all the game is?

Cannot wait for the ql

How's the tree quality? UC2 caliber? asking for a friend..

Wunder

Cannot wait for the ql

you know exactly what he got a S+ rank for

Dineren

Banned
Don't take the FOV stuff as gospel. It's not so simple as raw-ass numbers like that, and the method of measurement is questionable. But yeah, every day that goes by makes the Vive look way better.

Oh I'm not, I've read conflicting reports about it either way. I will be curious to see where I end up VR wise. Whether I keep using the Oculus at my computer with the Vive set up in another room or if I eventually get rid of the Oculus and use the Vive exclusively.

I imagine exclusives will probably stop me from getting rid of either headset.

Myggen

Cannot wait for the ql

From what I understand it's basically a minigame collection, so probably.

Cannot wait for the ql

It's a weird version of Barbie dress up with mini games thrown in.

Oh I'm not, I've read conflicting reports about it either way. I will be curious to see where I end up VR wise. Whether I keep using the Oculus at my computer with the Vive set up in another room or if I eventually get rid of the Oculus and use the Vive exclusively.

I imagine exclusives will probably stop me from getting rid of either headset.

I'll probably keep both too. It's pretty weird that it's now the day after "Launch Day" for the Rift, and not a single pre-ordered unit has shipped. We might get the ones shipped tomorrow. Maybe.

Myggen

All day long LIVE DOA3X stream yes/yes

bVbv8Fz.gif

oti

Banned
I've said it before and I know there is no chance this will happen but if The Escapist shuts down I'd love for Yahtzee to join GB. Dude is a top 5 game critic of all time with or without ZP.

I... don't know how to feel about this.
The guy is amazing in his fast-paced and cut format but on GB? I don't know man. And even as someone who loves GB, that dude can be too cynical and dark for me at times.

Wunder

Jeff said on Twitter that they probably will as long as they can get their hands on a Vive at launch. They currently don't have one.

there's probably gonna be less games though, right? Or are they gonna go through all the ones that work with Oculus too

Myggen

there's probably gonna be less games though, right? Or are they gonna go through all the ones that work with Oculus too

I would think they'd just do the stuff they haven't already tried on the Oculus stream, and then fuck around with the room stuff as much as they can.

During the stream, Brad mentioned order number speculation of 300k-400k Rift units. That seems insanely high, know if it's accurate at all?

I have no idea. I do believe they sold way more day 1 than they thought they would. If you buy today, your estimated shipping month is July. Depending on the news we get tomorrow, everyone's ship date might get pushed back.

Frith

oo a quiz

1. prolly i only ever seen bjork in it but it made me blush
2. REAR WINDOW
3. is cat called Salacious Crumb?

Myggen

I have no idea. I do believe they sold way more day 1 than they thought they would. If you buy today, your estimated shipping month is July. Depending on the news we get tomorrow, everyone's ship date might get pushed back.

For a product owned by Facebook, the release of this thing looks borderline incompetent from the outside.

For a product owned by Facebook, the release of this thing looks borderline incompetent from the outside.

It really feels that way. I would feel so much better if they'd just said "shipping is delayed", but instead we've been getting this drip-feed of information that is eventually proven incorrect. I am trying to be reasonable, but if shit doesn't start shipping en masse tomorrow it will be inexcusable.

How does one join this GB GAF steam group? Did a quick search and didn't see anything.

Also the GB GAF Clash Royale clan is full, so if someone hasn't already feel free to make another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom