• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

You're fucking insane. How is that game disappointing, let alone the most disappointing game ever?

It's so much worse than Mario 64 to me, and I didn't like the water shit. It's so disappointing because I had such fantastic hopes for it, it's a good game by itself but did not at all live up to my expectations.

PowerTaxi

Banned
You know, I'm one of those people that doesn't call every little detail about games or events a spoiler but is it so hard to not put those kind of things in thread titles?

PowerTaxi

Banned
thread titles can't melt steel beams brah

0mw1I8e.gif

sprinkles

Jeff said on UPF that they would look at the new Atari Vault on Steam this week. With no Quick Look so far, has he said anything afterwards about the quality of the collection - the launch discount ends tomorrow and I am still on the fence.

Myggen

Jeff said on UPF that they would look at the new Atari Vault on Steam this week. With no Quick Look so far, has he said anything afterwards about the quality of the collection - the launch discount ends tomorrow and I am still on the fence.

Not that I've heard at least.

omgkitty

I love it on the podcast when they bring something up and have no idea it's been announced, like the fact that Full Throttle has already been announced to be remade.

Color me stunned that Dan not only knew the origin of the term "Skinner box" but was able to identify the basics of the experiment as well. Would not have expected that at all.

Myggen

But what was that statement from Namco? It literally said that multiplayer is not enabled in the international release which from what I understand is completely wrong?

justjim89

A few pages late, but I loved 300 in high school when I saw it with my friends. About 7 of us piled into a Mini Cooper to drive to the IMAX theater a few towns over to see it. What a great dumb bad ass movie.

But what was that statement from Namco? It literally said that multiplayer is not enabled in the international release which from what I understand is completely wrong?

The way I understand it they were saying the English translated game that people were getting was considered the international release. So that version doesn't have it.

convo

Japan is fucking playing the game online, international does not equal the japanese release.
The X1 english release is not patched thus it can't go online. But if people play the jpn X1 version they CAN GO ONLINE. JAPAN IS ONLINE. It's a patch issue that makes Online not work for the International version people somehow downloaded from Microsoft servers.

Jeff and Brad made statements about 'early access dark souls' that make political rallies look like university studies.

Myggen

Japan is fucking playing the game online, international does not equal the japanese release.
The X1 english release is not patched thus it can't go online. But if people play the jpn X1 version they CAN GO ONLINE. JAPAN IS ONLINE. It's a patch issue that makes Online not work for the International version people somehow downloaded from Microsoft servers.

Jeff and Brad made statements about 'early access dark souls' that make political rallies look like university studies.

Ah, I see. So you have to play offline if you got that international Xbone version.

You are correct...but you also seem to be taking this way too seriously. I don't think people really care all that much when most people have to wait another two weeks anyways. It's not like people in Japan are hearing this thinking "Well I guess I shouldn't get it since I can't play online yet." And the people that will go through the trouble of playing the japanese release most likely wouldn't care whether they could play online or not.

convo

You are correct...but you also seem to be taking this way too seriously. I don't think people really care all that much when most people have to wait another two weeks anyways. It's not like people in Japan are hearing this thinking "Well I guess I shouldn't get it since I can't play online yet." And the people that will go through the trouble of playing the japanese release most likely wouldn't care whether they could play online or not.
It's statements that are made with complete false info that Jeff and the others made in response to what Brad said. If one coast is open to corrections why shouldn't Brad?
Doesn't matter if it won't hurt the game in general, but i will get irritated as long as these guys hold the believes they now have thanks to Brad not being good at this.

It's statements that are made with complete false info that Jeff and the others made in response to what Brad said. If one coast is open to corrections why shouldn't Brad?
Doesn't matter if it won't hurt the game in general, but i will get irritated as long as these guys hold the believes they now have thanks to Brad not being good at this.

Eh, he read a statement word for word. Not on him the statement was confusing or how other people interpreted it.

Side note, but GB is not the first place I've heard people refer to the 3 week release gap as a beta. I've seen a couple place talk about how it seems they wanted the gap to make sure all the network stuff would work fine. Obviously I have no clue whether that's true or not but they're not the first people to refer to it as some kind of beta test release.

convo

Eh, he read a statement word for word. Not on him the statement was confusing or how other people interpreted it.

Right it is his understanding as he said but i won't be stopped in thinking he should correct himself.
edit: If he was going to bring it up in news maybe he could have made sure, as he was pretty shaky on all his statements and passed some of the responsibility of actually knowing things to the Giant Bomb east who have the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom