• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I imagine we have to get a P5 announcement in the next month. August would be a great time for it but I'm bracing for October at the earliest.

I can't see that game launching later than October. I guess they could go with a November/December date, but I don't think that's too likely.

FStop7

Banned
Lol perfectly executed.

I fucked it up, I meant to write "almost 15 years."

what on earth are you talking about?

we dont spaz out to fanny

I can safely say I've never seen anyone be offended by those words.

I'm real interested in giving that demo a shot, I'm still not sure how to feel about FF15.

I've seen people from the UK get genuinely upset over the use of "spaz" on different occasions because (according to them) it has a much uglier meaning than it does in American slang.

Bowlie

Banned
So, why are people mad?

• Because the internet is hyperbolical when it comes to Dark Souls
  • Because people are mean and like to shit on Brad
  • ???

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I've seen people from the UK get genuinely upset over the use of "spaz" on different occasions because (according to them) it has a much uglier meaning than it does in American slang.

Spastic/spaz is a very British turn of phrase. It is considered offensive to the disabled, mind. (Though even as late as 1994, one of our major charities was still called the Spastic Society....)

PowerTaxi

Banned
I fucked it up, I meant to write "almost 15 years."

You kinda got beaten by a few hours :p

yami4ct

So, why are people mad?

• Because the internet is hyperbolical when it comes to Dark Souls
  • Because people are mean and like to shit on Brad
  • ???

Wow. Lot of angry people. To be fair, this podcast was built for those angry people to get angry. You have.

-VR Talk.
-Brad speaking with authority on some issue he happens to be wrong about
-Talking about the 'death' of adventure games. Adventure games are a genre that always gets people angry.
-Talk about a mobile game

Getting angry about that shit is hilarious.

StoveOven

Banned
Wow. Lot of angry people. To be fair, this podcast was built for those angry people to get angry. You have.

-VR Talk.
-Brad speaking with authority on some issue he happens to be wrong about
-Talking about the 'death' of adventure games. Adventure games are a genre that always gets people angry.
-Talk about a mobile game

Getting angry about that shit is hilarious.

Also Nintendo talk

I dont think they were wrong about the "death" of the adventure games. I got what they meant, basically expecting retail boxed copies of adventure games pretty much ended with Grim Fandango. The genre itself didn't die, of course, but at least in NA it didn't start up again until stuff like the early Telltale games took off and then it really came alive again once indie gaming was establishing itself and such. europe probably still got them, heck i remember playing Syberia on my Xbox back in the day so yeah they were still pumping them out over there. But here in the states: it was dead for like half a decade at least.

I still remember when Lucasarts announced 3D sequels to Full Throttle and Sam and Max and then canned them. Them were dark times, man.

yami4ct

Oddly causing the least amount of anger?

It's not surprising. They didn't even say anything really negative for crazy people to get angry over. They talked about how funny the fake leaks were, talked about Mitomo being weird and kinda cool and then talked about how E3 was going to be exciting.

KingKong

I wouldnt mind Giant Bombs hot takes so much if they didnt get so upset about other peoples hot takes. It can be funny to be dismissive

Yeah, I thought "I wouldn't play another 3D Mario game" would cause a stir. Maybe it's just expected at this point so nobody cares anymore.

All the Nintendo fans have already long been gone from the Bombcast. They've transferred to the less controversial Beastcast. Then they were upset at the whole PC vs console conversation because Nintendo wasn't even included.

yami4ct

People getting really angry about that FFXV leak. Like, shockingly angry. Why do people get so emotionally attached to a marketing plan?

All the Nintendo fans have already long been gone from the Bombcast. They've transferred to the less controversial Beastcast. Then they were upset at the whole PC vs console conversation because Nintendo wasn't even included.

Nah, we're still around. We just don't expect anyone on the Bomb crew to know jack shit about any Nintendo thing not called Mario Maker.

Nero18

Feel like the next premium feature needs to be Jeff and Dan playing through Super Mario Sunshine. Got that game with my GC as a kid and despite the joy of a new console, i knew that game was shit. This needs to be settled.

People getting really angry about that FFXV leak. Like, shockingly angry. Why do people get so emotionally attached to a marketing plan?

again, I'm going to partially blame this on being sick/on cold medicine but I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is making people crazy

what a weird thing

people not wanting video game leaks because they want to experience the marketing production from the game's publisher instead is some of the weirdest shit that happens around these parts.

when it comes to games, who cares? I want the details, not the marketing package.

like, there are people who will now boycott Gamespot for leaking the FFXV details early, like they ruined christmas or some shit

yami4ct

again, I'm going to partially blame this on being sick/on cold medicine but I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is making people crazy

what a weird thing

'We waited 10 years for a release date and a major event. We wanted the surprise' basically sums up the argument. It's so damn weird.

I saw someone suggest that all the people shocked by the anger would feel the same way if a game they were super hyped about got the same kind of leak. As someone who's a goddamn Persona superfan, I can safely say I would give zero shits if the release date and existence of a demo were leaked. I would be excited just to finally have a damn date.

Also why FFXV specifically? Aren't leaks usually loved? The amount of NX threads may make that hard to judge.

it happens with Nintendo Direct stuff too, especially if there's like a Smash or Pocket Monster reveal

Like, there are people upset that the release date for FFXV got out early. it's like, man, if this leak shit is ruining your day then your day was already shit

PowerTaxi

Banned

what a weird thing

My annoyance with it wasn't so much the leaks themselves, just that there was a thread titled "Leaks within. Browse at own risk" directly above a thread that had the leaks in the title.

It was just dumb.

'We waited 10 years for a release date and a major event. We wanted the surprise' basically sums up the argument. It's so damn weird.

I saw someone suggest that all the people shocked by the anger would feel the same way if a game they were super hyped about got the same kind of leak. As someone who's a goddamn Persona superfan, I can safely say I would give zero shits if the release date and existence of a demo were leaked. I would be excited just to finally have a damn date.

That's like going into E3 every year and expecting to see TLG and then getting mad when it's finally shown because you expected it. I wish it would have been a surprise.

Frith

What your all saying about ffxv makes no sense I refuse to believe people are angry a release date got leaked

That would mean people are insane and I don't want to believe that.

yami4ct

My annoyance with it wasn't so much the leaks themselves, just that there was a thread titled "Leaks within. Browse at own risk" directly above a thread that had the leaks in the title.

It was just dumb.

Someone posting a news thread has zero responsibility to protect a company's marketing plan

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot who misread your post.

I find it weird. I'm in the "damn that's fucking GREAT that the game is finally coming out" camp. Don't know why anyone would be angry about that lol.

What your all saying about ffxv makes no sense I refuse to believe people are angry a release date got leaked

That would mean people are insane and I don't want to believe that.

Better believe it before it's too late.

Renpatsu

The longstanding investment in the game since its announcement bleeds into their own lives and how they want to set the stage for that narrative. Marketing is all about stories anyway so its no surprise to me that when it works people become attached (even if such a reaction to leaks is hyperbolic to say the least).

nirolak pretty much laid it bare

Also, to be clear, we post leaks of everything here on GAF, and have no interest in leaving out major information like a demo release date from a thread title. Not mentioning the content of the videos in the title is already a courtesy beyond what we normally do.

anybody who is upset that marketing materials were released early need to

1. log off of neogaf
  2. go take a walk and get some fresh air

e: holy fuck the end of the Into the Stars QL, what the hell

Zaph

Dunno about you guys, but grandiose release date announcements is the only thing that makes me feel alive anymore

StoveOven

Banned
The more I think about it the more pissed off I get that Square thinks they can hold a big event to announce the release date for a game they announced 10 years ago.

yami4ct

The more I think about it the more pissed off I get that Square thinks they can hold a big event to announce the release date for a game they announced 10 years ago.

I assume the event is going to have a good chunk of real info about the game as well. It has to. The idea that they would have a bunch of pomp and circumstance over just a date and a demo is the most lol worthy.

Please confirm Dual Audio, Square Enix.

PowerTaxi

Banned
I assume the event is going to have a good chunk of real info about the game as well. It has to. The idea that they would have a bunch of pomp and circumstance over just a date and a demo is the most lol worthy.

It's nice to want things.

Actually, isn't there versions with dual audio already announced?

StoveOven

Banned

I'm sure it will, but forgetting even the 10 year thing, it has been 3 years since the re-announced the game. I think it looks real cool, but I am so tired of hearing about it.

santeesioux

Wasn't that release date leaked like a month or two back? Why are people acting like we didn't have any idea about that date until right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom