• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Paging Brad Shoemaker. It's basically the exact counter to his and Dan's defense of Clash Royale, citing "fun."

I'd love to tear down Clash Royale myself, but unfortunately I've never played it (and doubt my phone could even display the menu without exploding).

The timers make it a bit more stupid, but I'm not sure if the core issue of Clash Royale is any worse than any F2P CCG that gets lauded. At a certain point, you have to put in money to be competitive or wait to earn more cards. The timers just make the model a bit more obvious than, say, the daily quests in a Hearthstone.

The timers make it a bit more stupid, but I'm not sure if the core issue of Clash Royale is any worse than any F2P CCG that gets lauded. At a certain point, you have to put in money to be competitive or wait to earn more cards. The timers just make the model a bit more obvious than, say, the daily quests in a Hearthstone.

Yeah, I hit the first major wall of encountering players who have clearly paid (~800 trophies) and kinda shrugged when I started getting stomped. It is what it is. I think you have to acknowledge that inevitability when you start most free to play card games that feature a real money component.

yami4ct

Yeah, I hit the first major wall of encountering players who have clearly paid (~800 trophies) and kinda shrugged when I started getting stomped. It is what it is. I think you have to acknowledge that inevitability when you start most free to play card games that feature a real money component.

I think the timers on chests are too obvious of F2P BS and I think they actively push players away from the game in some ways. If you just bought packs of units and you could get a higher chance at rare units with a pay money currency, no one would complain. Even if the way they limited you from earning currency with some sort of timer component, that abstraction would kill these complaints, It's entirely a psychological problem.

tchocky

Nintendo has fired Alison Rapp over all that GG bullshit from a few weeks back. I really enjoyed her on the treehouse streams during E3.

derFeef

It should have be Ryan :(

He really enjoyed Alan Wake: AA if I recall correctly

:(
I only remember the Quicklook but not an opinion on the game through the bombcast and such. Ryan always appreciated this stuff a lot more and Brad followed closely with Patrick.

The PC isn't going to get me persona 5 though. Like I've put in an equivalent investment on my PC recently and what's my most played have since then? Stardew valley. Dragon's dogma also but I can run that with my old setup.

To me it's less about graphical prowess now and more about the software library.

Persona 5 or other Japanese games aren't going to bother with the 4.5, so if those are the games you want to play on a console nothing has really changed.

Myggen

This is not a good precedent.

I don't recall this situation, someone remind me which dumb thing this was?

Go to her twitter, she posted some links. Not able to bring them over here because my phone is acting up.

There is also a dedicated thread for this news.

It's not like those games won't magically not work on the 4.5.

Obviously. I just meant that games targeted at the Japanese market aren't going to be taking advantage of console iterations like this. Which is good news for me since that's what I mostly play on consoles other than the occasional Sony first party game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But I can just play the ps4 version on the 4.5...?

Am I missing something here or is no compatibility with the 4 games part of the rumors?

Also that news means that I won't likely buy an NX. Fucking weak ass company.

yami4ct

But I can just play the ps4 version on the 4.5...?

Am I missing something here or is no compatibility with the 4 games part of the rumors?

Also that news means that I won't likely buy an NX. Fucking weak ass company.

I'm just saying that if you don't have a PS4 and Persona 5 hits this year and the 4.5 hits in the Spring, you'd have a gap of a few months before you could play it.

neshcom

Banned
Nintendo has fired Alison Rapp over all that GG bullshit from a few weeks back. I really enjoyed her on the treehouse streams during E3.

That's awful! She didn't do anything wrong. I really hope she bounces back quickly, but the fickleness of PR may make it tough. Fuck gamergate.

yami4ct

As for Nintendo, in the words of Austin Walker 'it's tough'. It sound like the split between her and Nintendo was fairly amicable given her tweets. We know that other employees have been getting death threats and such specifically due to the dumb shit involving her. On the one hand, giving into these assholes is the worst possible thing to do. On the other, you have to think about employee safety in general. If this was a mutual departure on those grounds, we kind of have no one to blame but the GG asshats.

valeo

I use a very basic deck with only one Epic (Skeleton Army, which I got immediately after starting the game/tutorials) and I can beat players who have the 'best cards'.

This game is actually balanced quite well.

jaina

://

Engineers breaking more shit instead of actually fixing the horrible design of the site?
They posted an engineer opening. mostly for nodejs work, so chat (don't see anything else on the sites using it). Still, one more engineer and at least some replacement for all the dudes who left.

yami4ct

And give these assholes precedent and more power to harass women in the game industry?

Fuck that.

If you have a ton of employees getting death threats over one person, the safety of many becomes an issue. It's a fucking impossible situation. I think they made the wrong choice, but I honestly have zero idea how you make that choice. It's so fucking shitty we live in a society where this is accepted behavior.

I use a very basic deck with only one Epic (Skeleton Army, which I got immediately after starting the game/tutorials) and I can beat players who have the 'best cards'.

This game is actually balanced quite well.

I agree to an extent -- I've certainly lost my fair share of games purely on the basis of my strategy (or lack thereof) -- but there comes a point where you start to run into more and more players who can simply overpower you with brute force. It's not impossible to win and it doesn't happen every match, but it's not the even playing field you get in the first two arenas.

(And again, it's not necessarily a flaw in the game since it's very clearly a product you can pay for.)

I've hit a wall where I lost a lot in a row too, but at least the Giant Bomb GAF clan has been really helping me out with donations to where I can level up some common cards (minions, goblin spears, archers, knights). I donate back too whenever given the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom