• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. I read his tweet with more the firing in mind and not the story in general.

Also: Nintendo of America really is the shittiest, aren't they?

You're mistaken if you think this would have been handled differently at any other major game company. That was the point of Patrick's tweets: the game industry has created a culture of silence around these targeted harassment campaigns that enables them to continue.

Curufinwe

You're mistaken if you think this would have been handled differently at any other major game company. That was the point of Patrick's tweets: the game industry has created a culture of silence around these targeted harassment campaigns that enables them to continue.

Like when Stephen Toulouse and Adam Orth had to quit MS due to online abuse including violent threats against their families.

FStop7

Banned
GB should consider rescinding Super Mario Maker's GOTY.

Perhaps a meaningless gesture, but if anyone knows what it's like to be publicly sold out by a spineless employer, it's Jeff Gerstmann.

SomberOwl

Think GB got to preview Homefront: The Revolution? A bunch of outlets have preview coverage of it up today. Would like to hear what GB has to say about it.

GB should consider rescinding Super Mario Maker's GOTY.

Perhaps a meaningless gesture, but if anyone knows what it's like to be publicly sold out by a spineless employer, it's Jeff Gerstmann.

It would be a shame if this were written off as a Nintendo problem and not an industrywide one. That's exactly what's going to happen isn't it?

They talked about the Chris Pranger firing once, yeah? Maybe I'm thinking about Beast.

In any case I'm positive Beast will get into it, and West better.

Their discussion of Pranger getting fired was idiotic and reductionist, as is that article. He wasn't fired simply for being on a podcast. Dude overshared to a ridiculous degree and made a lot of people in the company sound like fucking crazy people. I don't think, however, that Beast will screw up reporting on a victim of harassment, but I've been endlessly disappointed so much already.

No_Style

From Patrick's article:

Nintendo never did much to explain why it was making these changes, and critics looked for a boogeyman, finding one in Rapp who had a long Twitter history of supporting feminist issues (and an equally long one of seeming to be a huge Nintendo fan long before she worked for the company).

But we do know this: Nintendo was publicly silent while one of their employees was harassed and smeared online over something she did not do. That’s a fact. It’s not in dispute. Nintendo watched Rapp become the center of a witch hunt and did nothing publicly to defend her. Despite my requests for comment, the company said nothing. As it turns out, maybe that silence said everything.

Nintendo should have come out and addressed these changes instead of letting it flounder in the wild. I wonder if she ever informed Nintendo of the harassment she received because of her relationship to them. Grade A bullshit if they didn't lift a finger if she did.

Bless you, good sir.

Well that ruins it! Once you show it, it cannot be unshown. Truly the nail in that series' coffin.

that game almost seemed like it was going out of its way to destroy the series down to its very roots

fwiw, I actually think the first game is legitimately kind of funny, unlike Jeff.

santeesioux

Nice try, Agent 47.

r8BwjUP.gif

that game almost seemed like it was going out of its way to destroy the series down to its very roots

What, Love for Sail? I don't really care for the games (although the idea of having to go through bullshit Sierra puzzles and all that just to get laid is pretty funny), but I thought that was regarded as one of the better ones.

Myggen

Just came in to see if anyone else was having this issue. GV Video Buddy basically didn't work for me now.

If you are getting the Jeff error message, go to the Bug Reporting forum on the site and check out the stickied thread about it. If it is just Video Buddy acting up, try logging in and out and restarting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom