• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hmm, if the situation is as NoA then I guess I did jump on the gun a little. Would be nice of them to give a statement regarding the whole situation, especially when Rapp had to actually contact police for advice.

That's good to hear, because I actually had a question about Love for Sail:

Why the fuck did you play Love for Sail?

because I was a teenager with a PC in the mid-90s?

unrelated but I'm seeing people getting really defensive about having anime avatars again and it never stops being funny

Hmm, if the situation is as NoA then I guess I did jump on the gun a little. Would be nice of them to give a statement regarding the whole situation, especially when Rapp had to actually contact police for advice.
They were still happy to leave her to be harassed for months, it might change the reason that Rapp lost her job but it doesn't really change one of the worse parts of this while thing.

Plus condoning her harassers actions after giving them what they wanted feels a little gross.

FStop7

Banned
Scoops spitting that hot fire.

5CCeaWR.png

Jintor

They were still happy to leave her to be harassed for months, it might change the reason that Rapp lost her job but it doesn't really change one of the worse parts of this while thing.

qft

also now they're in a position where even if she was officially fired for second job/counter corp culture it still looks like they fired her because she was the target of a harassment campaign, so great job ninty

ST2K

I understand why people would be mad that Nintendo didn't have her back more publicly from a purely ideal standpoint. But as a person who has followed the company, I'm not surprised at all. They've always acted as if they're hermetically sealed and treat all the goings on outside as non-existent. Their PR has always acted in such a fashion, and I'm not sure it's entirely reasonable for this situation to change that expectation.

Matt Cassamassina once said Nintendo acts like Willy Wonka and deigns to come out of their factory to occasionally treat the masses with their latest works, only to head right back in and ignore everything else going on in the world. Kyle Bosman compared them to a big dopey elephant. Regardless, they've never been perceived as a particularly in touch and forward-facing company, which I think is a prerequisite to any sort of public backing of Rapp in the face of a harassment campaign. Expecting them to do so seems ignorant.

santeesioux

So now people are saying her second job was as a nude model? I can understand why Nintendo wouldn't like that with the family friendly persona they cultivate, this was just bad timing.

Blastoise

Banned
Kotaku seems like the only major gaming website that would write about this sort of incident. The other majors don't really talk about gamersgate or scandals in the industry.

The people using those photos to discredit Patrick's article( or articles in this case) are morons.

I shouldn't be surprised, but I still sort of am. It's somewhat less troubling if she was let go for actual policy breach, but that doesn't let them off the hook for radio silence while the harassment was going down. But again, GAF is bad at nuance so why not also be bad at paying attention to multiple things at once?

and yeah, I would have been too old for Putt-Putt I think

Small changes in FSMH pt.1, FML, ULB, Highlights, Feedback, Freestyle 4 and who knows what else (not counting this Wolves fix).

And out of all the changes, the bleached asshole line is still there.

Well I'll say all this has given me reason to listen to that album way more than I otherwise would have, so I guess Kanye wins.

yami4ct

I need to get on that server tomorrow while Trackmania 2 is still kinda popular again.

Hatsune. Miku. Dubstep.

You're damn right you need to get on that server.

Haven't been keeping track, did the release of Turbo bring more people back to 2? I should play that again.

Redcoin brought back Giant Bomb Unofficial Classic around that time. Turbo and Jeff playing it on UPF have definitely kept that server in decent traffic. It was getting around 80 people last weekend, but it's still doing around 30 now.

And out of all the changes, the bleached asshole line is still there.

Well I'll say all this has given me reason to listen to that album way more than I otherwise would have, so I guess Kanye wins.

Ima fix that bleached asshole line

it really says bad things about video game fans in general, sadly. 120mph or nothing, GO

people want to have their minds made up the second any news drops, not just in video games

Megasoum

Banned
For racing fans around here... I'm playing "Motorsport Manager" right now and that thing is legit... Really fun Racing team management sim.

It's 99 cents on Android and I think it's free on iOS right now? Not sure

For racing fans around here... I'm playing "Motorsport Manager" right now and that thing is legit... Really fun Racing team management sim.

It's 99 cents on Android and I think it's free on iOS right now? Not sure

FTP mechanics or anything? I'm in the market for a phone game

Man, this FFXV Pre-Stream is really...something. Imagine how amazing it'd be if it weren't spoiled by those evil leakers?

Megasoum

Banned
FTP mechanics or anything? I'm in the market for a phone game

There are micro-transactions available but they are not bad.

Basically you can pay real money to get more ingame money for your company but afaik it's not like the game is gated with timers or anything like that... It's basically just cheats.

neshcom

Banned
The Nintendo thread is just hard to read now. It's turning into really personal digging and assumptions assuming they're trumping other assumptions. Plus, there's a stink of coordinated GG-posting that makes the entire thing feel pointless.

yami4ct

because I was a teenager with a PC in the mid-90s?

unrelated but I'm seeing people getting really defensive about having anime avatars again and it never stops being funny

The best defense for having an anime avatar? Don't be one of the asshole people who usually have an anime avatar. It definitely can be hard sometimes. I've had to convince myself on several occasions I'm not one of 'those people'.

santeesioux

You would think being more connected with many different people around the world and different cultures will speed things up to a much, much better place since we can communicate and have a better understanding of so many things but

commandowrong.gif

It got worse.

Twitter to me doesn't seem to be good for much besides sports scores and trades at this point. I only use it for that and Wario64 deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom