• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

what about this Spirits Within 2.0

Oh boy. They are turning FFXV into a full cross media franchise.

This seems like an awful idea. I sure hope this doesn't hurt the core narrative of the game. Cross Media has always been a pretty universal flop.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Oh boy. They are turning FFXV into a full cross media franchise.

This seems like an awful idea. I sure hope this doesn't hurt the core narrative of the game. Cross Media has always been a pretty universal flop.

They really need people to forget XIII ever happened.

I'd watch a giant bomb anime I meant.

The assets are already available.

2750722-giantbomb.jpg

If i had an employer who told me I couldn't talk about politics on social media i'd have to think long and hard about how badly I needed/wanted the job :(

So create an account that doesn't have your name/personal info on it, it's not that hard man. or if you're on facebook or something, lock down your account to the outside world. don't just have a twitter account that says "I'm Bill Jintor and I work for Venture Industries and I think {x}" that anybody can read

yami4ct

Celebrity voice acting? Fuck.

SE seems to be spending way, way too much on this game. I want Dual Audio even more now. Celebrity VA has also always been a bad move.

If i had an employer who told me I couldn't talk about politics on social media i'd have to think long and hard about how badly I needed/wanted the job :(

If I had an employer who told me I couldn't talk about politics on social media I'd thank them.

but I'd also be aware of how the policy itself is kind of fucked

hamchan

Listen. If Square Enix wants to spend all their money and go bankrupt, I am fine with them doing it in this huge spectacle going all out.

Also they hired the Game of Thrones cast to voice everyone apparently.

RIP Sean Bean's character btw.

daydream

Banned
say what you will about the xiii trilogy but ff games always manage to keep the series fresh with each installment

can't give them enough credit for mixing things up in a major way each time

"We don't know where all the money went" -Square in a year or two

And don't forget the part where they blame their Western studios for "underperforming."

yami4ct

And don't forget the part where they blame their Western studios for "underperforming."

I love DQ, but man I'm happy I'm not that invested in SE properties.

I don't like being a pessimist, but nothing about this sounds like a good idea.

yeah if I were the studios working on the 2-3 games coming out immediately after this one, I'd be sweating bullets

Deus Ex team, don't fuck up

hamchan

FFXV to be SE's last console game after they spend $500 million $1 billion on it.

Back to mobile only games with 1000x the return.

yami4ct

They should've dumped all these celebrity voice actors, got regular talented VA people and spent 1/4 of the saved money to get ufoTable to do the anime. Not only would they've saved money on this dumb movie, but I guarantee that would've drummed up more hype in their actual audience.

hamchan

They should've dumped all these celebrity voice actors, got regular talented VA people and spent 1/4 of the saved money to get ufoTable to do the anime. Not only would they've saved money on this dumb movie, but I guarantee that would've drummed up more hype in their actual audience.

They should have not hired anyone to do a dumb anime and put the money in FFXV-2.

frostyxc

Are you guys (one gal?) not familiar with Greg Miller at all? Fella wants attention. You got to get it wherever it comes from. Why is this surprising?

Patrick's article is not reporting, so please don't call it good journalism. It's an op-ed piece. Your grandma can mail one off to a newspaper (whether or not it still exists) at this very moment. Lazy actual reporting and being an advocate is all you need to be considered a good "journalist" in the games media. Raise your expectations folks!

That Nintendo firing thread is a dumpster fire. Instead of waiting for details, everyone is burning Mario in effigy and blaming demons in shadows. It comes off as children arguing with the bogeyman. Both sides are comically unhinged and look silly to casual observers. No one cares outside of this bubble. You could fill a small minor league hockey stadium with both frothy-mouthed, potentially-bearded sides of the issue. And I can't sling my frickin' hay because all of the pitchforks have been taken to Nintendo's stoop! I'm not even going to get into how I was going to use a torch to start my own dumpster fire. It's not happening. Tickets will be refunded.

This girl lost her job for a reason and Nintendo is not obligated to tell you why. They don't want to tell you why because it's probably equally embarrassing for both parties. Does it have to do with her stance on certain unsavory issues? Maybe. Could it be for some completely unrelated issue? Probably. Combo platter, mostly likely! Life goes on. She'll have to move forward and hopefully be left in peace and Nintendo will be Nintendo. They will never serve tacos... even if you ask. Don't ask. As I have said to myself many times in the mirror, "The best response to jerks on the internet is no response... and never ask for a high five from anyone in a $500+ suit."

VR looks kind of boring and hard on your neck. I can get that experience from people watching at the county fair/demolition derby, and it don't cost $600. Y'all.

Call me shallow but I still have trouble getting past the part where all the main dudes in FFXV look like a Hot Topic starter pack.

However I do love Sean Bean in anything fantasy so they've got that going for em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom