• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

You were paying more attention than me, then.

I just heard the stupid 'It's not for sale, Greg, and you couldn't afford it anyway' joke they made.

I love how stupid Square is being with this game. Even if they crash and burn because of it, it will still be amazing to watch.

Someone pointed out that in their latest financials, Square is actually making bank. I guess it's why they can afford to be this stupid. Raking in that mobile game money.

StoveOven

Banned
Someone pointed out that in their latest financials, Square is actually making bank. I guess it's why they can afford to be this stupid. Raking in that mobile game money.

I wish more companies used their mobile game profits like this as opposed to just shoveling them back into more mobile games

yami4ct

I wish more companies used their mobile game profits like this as opposed to just shoveling them back into more mobile games

Nintendo has done something similar to this for years. Their huge handheld sales let them take risks on consoles. It's why I want their mobile games to be successful. They have a history of doing that kind of thing right and that financial freedom might give us some dope console/handheld stuff in addition to the occasionally cool mobile game.

BROTHERHOOD FINAL FANTASY XV - Episode 1

Anime

rtp5r4ercxzzjqyzub9x.gif

I'm all in on FFXV. Final Fantasy games are typically (though not always) at their best in the beginning when things are small scale so a road trip story sounds cool as hell.

StoveOven

Banned
Nintendo has done something similar to this for years. Their huge handheld sales let them take risks on consoles. It's why I want their mobile games to be successful. They have a history of doing that kind of thing right and that financial freedom might give us some dope console/handheld stuff in addition to the occasionally cool mobile game.

When I said other companies I basically meant Konami. That's an interesting way to look at Nintendo though. I never thought of their handhelds as safe or their consoles as risky, but thinking back on it your right.

yami4ct

GUYS SHOULD I PREORDER THE FINAL FANTASY XV COLLECTORS EDITION

I heard there's only 30000 units

What's in it?

The main nice things are the artbook, soundtrack and Figure. I'm certain better versions of all 3 will come out later down the line.

The base Deluxe Edition sounds nice, though. Game, Blu Ray of the Movie, free DLC and Steelbook. Need to see the cost before committing.

Actually kind of pumped for the anime and the movie. For whatever reason I'm kind of assuming the story could be awesome.

Stand By Me, though... not really feeling it.

robotrock

Banned
The main nice things are the artbook, soundtrack and Figure. I'm certain better versions of all 3 will come out later down the line.

The base Deluxe Edition sounds nice, though. Game, Blu Ray of the Movie, free DLC and Steelbook. Need to see the cost before committing.

Soundtrack sounds like it's some selected tracks from the game and movie. It's no FFXIII-2 CE.

I'm guessing the Deluxe is way cheaper which is what I want as well. Not that big of a fan of Playarts, they're always a hit and a miss.

Edit: Deluxe is 90$, which is nice.

yami4ct

I'm guessing the Deluxe is way cheaper which is what I want as well. Not that big of a fan of Playarts, they're always a hit and a miss.

Did we get a DE price? That's what I'm looking for. If it's like $80, I'm sold. If it's like $100, that's a different thing.

As a Figuarts guy, I agree with you on Playarts. Feel like garbage compared to what Bandai puts out.

EDIT: $90? On the edge, but I'll probably do it.

yami4ct

Don't do this to me.

2016 or bust.

From what they've said, game has been content complete for months. They're in the polish and balance phase. They also won't miss both the Persona and Atlus anniversaries that are coming this year.

Persona 5 is 100% this year in Japan and probably near simultaneous in the US. Europe gets it 10 years from now.

yami4ct

Here's the full trailer, in JP though. Includes batwing at the end.[/URL]

You say that like it's a negative. SE has done good dubs, but the JP XV cast sounds leagues better than the US one.

You're probably right..

If you want an Artbook and OST, better ones will 100% be coming within the next year or so. Playarts are garbage, but there certainly will be non CE Noctis figures. This CE isn't particularly compelling.

You say that like it's a negative. SE has done good dubs, but the JP XV cast sounds leagues better than the US one.

Oh not at all, I just meant that you may not be able to understand shit. For one I always hate dubs when I watch anime. However, there are very FEW exceptions. By few I mean like maybe 5 animes in total where I prefer the dub.

Meneses

Actually kind of pumped for the anime and the movie. For whatever reason I'm kind of assuming the story could be awesome.

Stand By Me, though... not really feeling it.

That song was so out of place. Doesn't help that I heard it at the end of a 11.22.63 episode a few hours ago.

The actual OST is so good, though.

yami4ct

That song was so out of place. Doesn't help that I heard it at the end of a 11.22.63 episode a few hours ago.

The actual OST is so good, though.

I think it works in a "Stand by Me (Film)" sense, but the cast is a bit too old for that to really land. It gives a nice journey vibe, which the game is going for.

Jintor

man i don't really care about any of those characters really but fuck I want to find out what's up with that world

it looks sick

also the roadtrip aesthetic is... really cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom