• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doop

It's also really depressing to hear about how they basically playtested the game to a fault.

It seems to be a theme in Valve games. In Episode 2, there was a part where you were in an antlion nest being chased by a huge antlion. It was basically a big ring. Well, in testing it was more maze-like and stressful, but the testers complained about getting lost so much that they simplified it. It's kinda frustrating.

Remember when people (including me) thought Portal 2 was gonna be a stealth Half Life game because of the leaked achivements?

That would have been cool. Still an incredible game though.

yami4ct

Remember when people (including me) thought Portal 2 was gonna be a stealth Half Life game because of the leaked achivements?

That would have been cool. Still an incredible game though.

Glad it wasn't. Keep your boring physical puzzle shooter out of my cool puzzle game.

Curufinwe

Vinny must have been a backstabbing machine in Dark Souls 1 and 2 given how often he mentions it in Bloodborne. But BB doesn't play that way. And so far he doesn't seem to realize how useful the knock down ability of the fully charged R2 axe attack can be.

His parrying is impressive, though. Until late in the game I never really used it enough to get the timing down.

yami4ct

Vinny must have been a backstabbing machine in Dark Souls 1 and 2 given how often he mentions it in Bloodborne. But BB doesn't play that way. And so far he doesn't seem to realize how useful the knock down ability of the fully charged R2 axe attack can be.

His parrying is impressive, though. Until late in the game I never really used it enough to get the timing down.

Gascoigne really forced me to get the parry on lock. Getting it decently mastered early was a great help.

It's too bad the game is kind of inconsistent about alerting you to which attacks can be parried and which can't.

Why has the site's player been extra shitty lately? Every video it seems like a dice roll of whether I need to stream it or use HTML5 or it won't work at all.

Beat me to it. :p Sounds like a dumb idea anyway.

I mean, War Rocket Ajax does pretty well with their "Every Story Ever" podcasts when it comes to comic book stories. The only thing I'd worry about is frankly, how much knowledge each guy has about video games in general. For instance, if this was a Gerstmann with a few people production, it'd be a must listen.

It hasn't aged a bit.

Best paced two hours ever

The fact that it came out of nowhere in that collection only added to its greatness. "Here's some new Half-Life and a new Team Fortress...oh and this little portal game." One of those games I wish I could go back and play for the first time all over again.

Strax

Portal 2 might have the best voice acting of any video game, as a whole.
Portal 2 had one downside imo and that was "Ok, where can I make a portal in this giant room?" that happened kinda often if my memory is correct.

TraBuch

Banned
I just realized I've never seen The World's End despite loving the shit out of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. What'd people think of that movie?

Watching the first half of UPF that I missed, that made a far better impression of VR than the entirety of the Oculus stream. Drew continues to be the best duder.

yeah I've been having to use youtube for most QLs. I usually use HTML5 with no problem :[

Glad I pay for a membership just to get an error message saying I don't have a license to watch.

It's a real bummer. Hopefully they have an overhaul in the works.

The fact that it came out of nowhere in that collection only added to its greatness. "Here's some new Half-Life and a new Team Fortress...oh and this little portal game." One of those games I wish I could go back and play for the first time all over again.

Oh man yeah, that was such a good experience. First playthrough was absolutely magical.

Credo

Why has the site's player been extra shitty lately? Every video it seems like a dice roll of whether I need to stream it or use HTML5 or it won't work at all.

Yeah, sometimes I'll try to watch things in Chrome and it'll just remain on a black screen for 5 minutes indefinitely, and then I'll try again in Internet Explorer of all things and it loads up in 15-20 seconds. I've never understood why.

Catvoca

Banned
I just realized I've never seen The World's End despite loving the shit out of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. What'd people think of that movie?

It's the least funny but it's maybe the best film of the three. I loved it, but it took me a second watch for it to really win me over. It's incredibly dense, more so then nearly any comedy I've seen. It's well worth a watch.

jaina

Watching a proper 60 fps twitch shooter being played with a gamepad is disgusting.
At least one of the editors has to keep up with gaming on consoles, so I'm sort of glad he still checks PS4 versions of multi-platform games.
Edit: I remembered they all played Division on PS4, so disregard that.

So what you're saying is that it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it!
yeah... but I'm still surprised Brad did not play Doom on PC, where he's used to the twitchy games. or is the beta not open there?

Megasoum

Banned
Had to do a Factory Reset on my Android phone today... Thought that your wallpaper and apps installed and whatever was restored automatically when you logged in your Google account afterward... I feel that it was like that the last time I did it.

This is really annoying...

Had to do a Factory Reset on my Android phone today... Thought that your wallpaper and apps installed and whatever was restored automatically when you logged in your Google account afterward... I feel that it was like that the last time I did it.

This is really annoying...

It's supposed to restore stuff, yeah. That has been so hit or miss for me, I never trust it. Titanium backup is the best sure-fire way to restore.

Damn good, I don't know what my favorite is honestly because I love them all. The World's End however is the darkest of the bunch but also features the best action(great use of long takes) and better performances from the leads then the other two films(especially from Simon Pegg)

tumblr_nb7jm31eQT1r4v02vo1_r1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom