• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like The World's End. I think it might be considered the weakest cause the characters aren't really charming. And yea pretty dark.

Curufinwe

Yeah it was a bit of an unexpected Factory Reset so I didn't have the chance to do a manual backup... Fuuuuck

Agree.... Hot Fuzz is so fucking good.

timothy-dalton-hot-fuzz-quotes-i11.jpg

So good.

robotrock

Banned
Hot Fuzz is incredible. I have no idea how anyone can make a movie that good.

Love love love The World's End and Shaun of the Dead too, but Hot Fuzz is just something else.

hamchan

Hot a Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead are both incredible. I can rewatch these two movies infinitely. World's End was good but not as hilarious to me.

Also I hope we get some emotional Dan gifs from the WWE Hall of Fame show tonight like last year. There must be some giant bomb fans in that company.

TraBuch

Banned
Since we're talking about Simon Pegg, I have a confession to make. I really like How To Lose Friends & Alienate People.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm manually re-installing all the apps on my phone and I have 2 holes on the main screen and I can't remember what app went in those two spots lol fuck

Megasoum

Banned
I believe it was Clash Royale and WWE SuperCard.

I actually haven't re-downloaded Clash Royale on purpose lol... I saw it on my Play Store history list lol..

I did re-download Motorsport Manager tho... Love that game.... Now that I think about it, I hope I didn't lose my save in the reset... FUCK

yami4ct

I'm manually re-installing all the apps on my phone and I have 2 holes on the main screen and I can't remember what app went in those two spots lol fuck

I'm assuming you've got Puzzle and Dragons and PAD guide. Those are like the first two apps everyone grabs.

Did you remember to get the Japanese PAD for your alt account? It can be easy to forget.

The World's End actually has like... thematic depth. SotD and Hot Fuzz are hilarious and so well-directed but The World's End actually dares to go further than just being a spoof. It's absolutely incredible.

yami4ct

Never tried Puzzle and Dragons

Let me put on my 'I've played too much of this dumb mobile game' hat.

PaD is pretty great. If you like match 3 puzzle games and monster collecting RPGs, it's a great version of both those in the same pack. I've played that game every day for over 3 years now. It's never dropped my interest. I even care enough to have a Japanese alt account. It makes me feel like a crazy person.

Strax

The World's End might be the most disappointing movie I've seen. I'm a big Edgar Wright fan and I couldn't even finish it.

4 months and 160 hours later, I'm finally only about 15 hours from finishing Yakuza 5

do not attempt this game if you have weird completionist habits

yami4ct

4 months and 160 hours later, I'm finally only about 15 hours from finishing Yakuza 5

do not attempt this game if you have weird completionist habits

Only 160 hours? I'm 143 hours into Fire Emblem Fates and am only about 1/2-2/3s through Conquest and still have Revelations to go.

I'll get to Yakuza 5 some day. Those games always have a stupid amount of stuff to do.

yami4ct

That's a lot of face rubbing.

I've only touched 2 character's faces so far. My husbands didn't seem that enthused by the process.

I got a snazzy heart bracelet, though.

Face touching mini game is the dumbest and I can see why even Japan didn't dig it.

Megasoum

Banned
Fuuuuuck looks like I lost my save in Motorsport Manager...

There's a cloud Saved Game option in the Android Play thing but there's nothing in my cloud... Ugh I guess it doesn't upload automatically.

Oh well, guess I'll have to start a new career.

The World's End actually has like... thematic depth. SotD and Hot Fuzz are hilarious and so well-directed but The World's End actually dares to go further than just being a spoof. It's absolutely incredible.

Problem is nobody wanted that. I watched it and realized that it was technically a better movie, but I wanted to laugh my ass off not just a chuckle here and there. The tone was so different from the other 2 it doesn't feel like it's part of the trilogy.

justjim89

I've also never seen World's End.

I'd probably put SotD over Hot Fuzz out of fondness, but Hot Fuzz is probably the better directed and written overall. Just some great dialogue and gags there.

yami4ct

That Pokemon 'reveal' thread sure was something.

Also, people still think no new footage=NX Port imminent. Hahaha. Must be new to the GameFreak hype cycle.

Only 160 hours? I'm 143 hours into Fire Emblem Fates and am only about 1/2-2/3s through Conquest and still have Revelations to go.

I'll get to Yakuza 5 some day. Those games always have a stupid amount of stuff to do.

Kiwami is going to be like a vacation when I finish it in about 80 hours. might actually beat it before 6 shows up on my doorstep in the fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom