• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renpatsu

I just realized I've never seen The World's End despite loving the shit out of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. What'd people think of that movie?
World's End builds upon the on and off screen rapport between Simon Pegg and Nick Frost and is the most emotionally mature of the three films.
If you enjoy the drama in SotD you will probably enjoy World's End and if also like Hot Fuzz then I think you'd appreciate it even more so.

Cornetto trilogy marathon!

TraBuch

Banned
Maybe. Probably why most of my serious relationships have been with slightly...clingy girls and ended poorly. It's really fun in the beginning, though.

hamchan

4 months and 160 hours later, I'm finally only about 15 hours from finishing Yakuza 5

do not attempt this game if you have weird completionist habits

Add your time to How Long to Beat when you plat it.

My time is the only one still up there for completion at 126.5 hours.

Megasoum

Banned
Re-Watcing "Rocky Balboa" for the first time since probably 2008 after hearing Dan rave about it.....

Yeah... Just as I remembered, it's not really that good... I mean, it's not terrible by any means but some of the stuff is super cheesy and the acting is mostly bad (except for Stallone).

Very disappointing training montage too

Especially in a world where we now have Creed which is fucking amazing.

Add your time to How Long to Beat when you plat it.

My time is the only one still up there for completion at 126.5 hours.

I can't man

I cannot bring myself to get the 100% completion trophy. maxing out all the rhythm minigames alone would break me. I'm not even at 50% yet even with all my playing. I spent four hours fishing last night while watching movies and I didn't even get half the fish on the list

I just can't do that

Jintor

combination of the two. although the guide wikis are in japanese too

at least this one will be easier than 0 since the whole thing should be in tokyo dialect. couldn't tell you half of what happened in the Osaka part of 0.

めっちゃ難しいだよね?分からへんだった

yami4ct

He came so damn close to beating him though. He has everything down but being more aggressive rather than defensive.

He's also still relying too much on the back dodge and not enough circle stepping and forward dashing. To be fair to him, that's a super tough habit to break.

めっちゃ難しいだよね?分からへんだった

you're funny. :p

also everybody says めっちゃ these days. following college-aged girls on twitter taught me a thing!

Jintor

also everybody says めっちゃ these days. following college-aged girls on twitter taught me a thing!

As far as I can tell the only kansai-ben I've internalised is ending negatives in ~へん or just straight up ~らん (though I think that might just be youth slang, again)

Zocano

He's also still relying too much on the back dodge and not enough circle stepping and forward dashing. To be fair to him, that's a super tough habit to break.

Pretty much every single enemy and especially bosses punish back dodge spamming super hard so he's gonna have to break it eventually.

yami4ct

combination of the two. although the guide wikis are in japanese too

at least this one will be easier than 0 since the whole thing should be in tokyo dialect. couldn't tell you half of what happened in the Osaka part of 0.

At this point, the best I can do is sort of hear the difference between a Kansai and traditional Tokyo accent, but not much more than that. Someday I might actually try learning the language.

I'm going to say, hearing Labrys in P4A was the thing that made hearing the Kansai accent click. All of a sudden, I started hearing it in a ton of JP voiced media. Added a neat depth.

Pretty much every single enemy and especially bosses punish back dodge spamming super hard so he's gonna have to break it eventually.

It's one of the most counterintuitive parts of the game. You inherently want to make distance with your dodges, but for most enemies that's the worst thing to do. Not to mention all the troubles with environmental awareness it brings.

did Vinny fight father g for 3 hours and not beat him?

Not really, he spent the first half of the stream exploring, the 2nd half fighting him. He's doing way better than I thought he would given his usual Souls style, his parry timing isn't terrible.

As far as I can tell the only kansai-ben I've internalised is ending negatives in ~へん

yeah. I've watched enough Downtown and GCCX at this point that that has stuck. it's almost more an issue of the fact that the fundamental rhythm of speech is so wonky from basically the rest of the entire country

1024px-Japanese_pitch_accent_map-ja.png

sorry, nobody else cares about this. short story: crazy respect to the people who translate these games because they had to cover at least 3 different dialects for Y5 alone

yami4ct

So Paragon is Early Access on PS4? Given it's a free title and blatantly states it's EA in game, I can forgive that. Still, Sony needs to institute an official EA program on their console. It's clear they're going to accept EA as a business model on their platform and they need to have proper consumer protections in place. Shit like what's gone down with Bro-Force and Galak-Z can't be happening.

Anjin M

lewd
I have never been able to dodge backward, even in situations where I probably should. I always dodge side to side. Never even thought to dodge forward. Might have to try that if I ever play again.

yami4ct

Should I stick the meat in the freezer real quick?

Have you called the power company and got a restoration time? If you aren't going to get your power back for the whole night, then I would. I wouldn't want to leave meat warming up for a whole night. Freezer should hold temp quite well if you don't open it too often.

Source: Someone who lives in a rural area and gets 2+ day power outages at least once a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom