• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Man I like everything I saw about Paragon. It looks like it might be a really fun occasional alternative to Dota for me

...except for those fucking cards. My eyes just glazed over, I have no interest in the Diablo-style "this card has 0.6 more damage" level of granularity and I suspect that stuff that marginal has no real statistical effect on the games, it all just cancels out like noise

fleck0

Did Brad ever play Dota Allstars in Warcraft 3? With his interest in Clash Royale he should try some frozen throne Techwars maps, which are the same game 10 years ago.

Zekes!

Man I like everything I saw about Paragon. It looks like it might be a really fun occasional alternative to Dota for me

...except for those fucking cards. My eyes just glazed over, I have no interest in the Diablo-style "this card has 0.6 more damage" level of granularity and I suspect that stuff that marginal has no real statistical effect on the games, it all just cancels out like noise

when is this tyranny of cards going to end

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wow at Alex and Austin doing the same mistake about DSIII japanese version not having online that the San Francisco crew did, not realizing the international version (aka the western version, why would japan call their version international) is in fact the one without online, and is in fact not the Japanese version... that one is, you know, the Japanese version. :)

I dont know why this particular mistake bothers me so much when they have done plenty before, but it does :/

TraBuch

Banned
Meat's all in the freezer. It's about 38 degrees outside, think I could leave some eggs and milk outside? Looks like power's not gonna be restored until morning.

kvk1

i love watching the Shoe on #moba content

the man's soul shines through

when is Daily Dota

(Paragon looks great)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Listening to the latest tested it's actually kind of hilarious how similar norm's China trip to mine is. Those 'cultural' tourist traps are hilariously transparent.

The tea place isn't too bad though because you get to try some tea.

DamnBoxes

BAdTsb3.png

Zekes!

Like Drew I was also pretty confused by Overwatch, Battleborn and Paragon until recently.

For a long time I've been interested in getting really into a multiplayer focused competitive game, so I'm hoping one of these grabs me.

Like Drew I was also pretty confused by Overwatch, Battleborn and Paragon until recently.

For a long time I've been interested in getting really into a multiplayer focused competitive game, so I'm hoping one of these grabs me.

Me too. Paragon is the only one out of the three that is free, so naturally that will be the one that I'll check out.

yami4ct

Cold Steel's better.

Like, I love them all and I understand, but nah.

SC had the benefit of working with already built characters and did the absolute best they could would them. Cold Steel had to build a whole new cast, and the sheer size of that cast needed to capture the diversity of Erebonia meant that each didn't get the time they fully needed.

Also, SC has Estelle and more Olivier so.....

Cold Steel very much plays better, though, so that's a plus. Cannot wait for CSII. They should be able to do some great things now they've got a cast and setting so well built.

I caught up on NXT Takeover. So fucking amazing. Gotta go to one of those things in person one day cuz the crowd is amazing for these shows. Can't wait for the powerbombcast hopefully next week.

I also exposed my brother to the WWE Network and he started flipping out when he found out he can watch every RAW from the 90s/early 2000's and all PPVs, so that was fun.

Cold Steel's better.

Cold Steel 2 has the potential to be better than SC, but CS1? Nah. I do think it's better than FC tho.

demidar

Can't play Cold Steel duology because I left my PS3 at my parents' place (and I don't have a TV).

But I'm glad TitS Third Chapter is making its way over.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Bloodborne video still doesn't work for me...

Edit: This has probably already been answered but I'm on mobile sooo...who is Rick Reynolds?

Myggen

Bloodborne video still doesn't work for me...

Edit: This has probably already been answered but I'm on mobile sooo...who is Rick Reynolds?

Try the video again, it works on HTML5 just fine for me.

As for who Rick Reynolds is, on Reddit some people assume it's one of the engineers but I have no idea if that's accurate.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Try the video again, it works on HTML5 just fine for me.

As for who Rick Reynolds is, on Reddit some people assume it's one of the engineers but I have no idea if that's accurate.
I mean the download. My internet is pretty slow so I have to download the videos in order to watch them properly

Volotaire

Thanks for highlighting this. It's seems like a fun and smart twist on video game podcasts which focus on analysing video games they have played. Also, it means another potentially good European videogame podcast.

Currently, the only European videogame podcasts that I listen to are British. Videogamer UK Podcast is the quintessential UK podcast, which covers the main new and video game releases, and Daft Souls, which I started listening too in the past few weeks, is a great podcast which involves smart discussion on video games rather than news. These podcasts also expose me to British videogame journalists in an otherwise, at least in the NeoGAF sphere, American dominated business.

More people should try watching Videogamer. I love their comedic shows like the Miller Report.

demidar

Thanks for highlighting this. It's seems like a fun and smart twist on video game podcasts which focus on analysing video games they have played. Also, it means another potentially good European videogame podcast.

Currently, the only European videogame podcasts that I listen to are British. Videogamer UK Podcast is the quintessential UK podcast, which covers the main new and video game releases, and Daft Souls, which I started listening too in the past few weeks, is a great podcast which involves smart discussion on video games rather than news. These podcasts also expose me to British videogame journalists in an otherwise, at least in the NeoGAF sphere, American dominated business.

More people should try watching Videogamer. I love their comedic shows like the Miller Report.

Sounds like Ranking of Fighters, using the utmost science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom