• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I like everything I saw about Paragon. It looks like it might be a really fun occasional alternative to Dota for me

...except for those fucking cards. My eyes just glazed over, I have no interest in the Diablo-style "this card has 0.6 more damage" level of granularity and I suspect that stuff that marginal has no real statistical effect on the games, it all just cancels out like noise

I've played probably 10+ hours of Paragon and have remembered or bothered to equip cards in about 2 matches, they really seem to make little difference to me.

Myggen

Edit: It doesn't work on the site again.

It works if you use the link in the comments. There seems to be a problem with their uploader the last couple of days that it uploads every link, at least every HD link, with the wrong date. So you get an error. You can manually change it though.

TraBuch

Banned
The power is still out. And according to the power company's website, even more people in this county have lost power overnight. Fucking shit.

KI is so fucking good and I really wish I had a better internet connection so I could play this with other people. I'd get blown up, I know that, but even when you suck KI has a great feel to it. I'm really amazed with how good this game turned out from Season 1.

e: CONKER HAT FOR RASH oh my god

daydream

Banned
there's a pink body suit on sale in miitomo today and one of you guys should wear it. 'fraid i can't break up my wardrobe for it so don't let me down

The thing I like about KI is when it goes like...

BUH-BUH-BUH-BUH
BUH-BUH-BUH-BUH
BUH-BUH-BUH-BUHBUH-BUH-BUH-BUH
BUH-BUH-BUH-BUHBUH-BUH-BUH-BUH

ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMBO

....when when hit someone a lot.

jaina

ffs, are they severely understaffed or why is this enforced authentication transition such a mess? My podcatcher, which I fixed 2 days ago, now isn't working anymore, and even the updated GB video buddy with linked account pulls no video or the error message. And the GB video buddy and Szlifier are probably the 3rd parties in closest contact to the GB engineers.
It works if you use the link in the comments. There seems to be a problem with their uploader the last couple of days that it uploads every link, at least every HD link, with the wrong date. So you get an error. You can manually change it though.
thanks Myggs, always on top of things!
Maybe most of the problems stem from the publishing platform and not the authentication.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
ffs, are they severely understaffed or why is this enforced authentication transition such a mess? My podcatcher, which I fixed 2 days ago, now isn't working anymore, and even the updated GB video buddy with linked account pulls no video or the error message. And the GB video buddy and Szlifier are probably the 3rd parties in closest contact to the GB engineers.

thanks Myggs, always on top of things!
Maybe most of the problems stem from the publishing platform and not the authentication.

It's over the weekend, and software bugs aren't often easy to solve quickly (or really the duders' forte).

Also I can't imagine software engineers being 24/7 on call for a site like giantbomb.

Myggen

Strange, Video Buddy works fine here and I have no problems with Podcatcher. Guess it affects people differently.

edit From the comments.

2839271-getboppedsonzaibatsu.png

jaina

It's over the weekend, and software bugs aren't often easy to solve quickly (or really the duders' forte).

Also I can't imagine software engineers being 24/7 on call for a site like giantbomb.
Yeah I don't expect fixes for something like this over the weekend, but in general it's been a mess despite edgework's and the others' effort and communication.

jaina

Can't believe they're closing Giant Bomb down now that Brad is leaving. It's a shame all of these videos will be gone
Jar Time will from now on refer to the tip jar Jeff needs to fund his play asia imports.

I'm watching KI S3 now in 720p, so calmed down a bit. Remember the audio-sync issues last year? Glad those are gone.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Killer Instinct looks cool but fighting games tend to bore me pretty quickly. Except Smash Bros for some reason.
Can't believe they're closing Giant Bomb down now that Brad is leaving. It's a shame all of these videos will be gone

Everything went downhill after they hired that Rick Reynolds guy. I blame him.

I wonder how much GB could get on Patreon if the site ever did shut down for some reason.

We speculated ages ago the site would not get near enough to exist in its current form. Having to rent two studios alone would kill them. Then there's multiple terabytes of video content on servers to pay for. Even if everyone found new day jobs and GB turned into a hobby for most of the current staff, I think a lot of what makes GB what it is would be gone.

SomberOwl

Jar Time will from now on refer to the tip jar Jeff needs to fund his play asia imports.

Speaking of Jar Time though... We need more of those. Still one of my favourite things on the site.

Also we need an Austin equivalent to Jeff's Jar Time videos.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
such a half-hearted gesture

they really have no fucking clue what to do with conker. and that's totally fine. yet they keep trying to shoehorn him into things

At least putting an extra for another Rare property in another Rare property (even if it's not made by them) makes more sense than putting some abomination in an AR demo.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom