• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

208.gif

I'm super hyped for the Vive launch stream. As far as game quality goes I'm expecting both higher highs and lower lows than the Oculus stream.

Guess Who

Banned
Remember when Valve put out five games, three of them brand-new, one of them among the most renowned new gaming IP of the last decade, and all of them now considered to be classics, for just $60

And then over the next nine years, one of those game franchises has never been heard from again, another has been frankensteined into a microtransaction "should we put this in Dota 2/CS:GO" laboratory, and the third is now exclusively used for VR tech demos

SomberOwl

Anyone looking forward to the new Ratchet & Clank game? I'm curious to see if anyone at GB will be playing it considering it's coming out on the same day as Dark Souls 3. I Think I might pick it up when I'm done with DS.

Lijik

Anyone looking forward to the new Ratchet & Clank game? I'm curious to see if anyone at GB will be playing it considering it's coming out on the same day as Dark Souls 3. I Think I might pick it up when I'm done with DS.

My prediction: Dan and Jeff quick look, it'll last about 25 minutes.

Daheza

It sounds like something you could get a bunch of easy VC money pumped into while everyone is tossing money around but it probably doesnt have much long term appeal.

I don't think the appeal is the show itself. I think they plan on making their money by selling their tech. If they do find a way to quickly produce these shows they can license that technology out to other media outlets that want to run vr shows.

I tried out the first episode and it was really quite an experience. The moment they take you into the fire watch tower and you learn you can interact with objects was awesome. It's also super awesome that you could copy items the hosts are holding. It really felt like one of the best developer interviews I've seen.

They'll state that it's pretty cool and Dan will say that he's gonna check it out

neither will ever play it again

Dan will talk about he didn't play the ps2 games at first because he thought they were for kids, but then he saw some reviews and decided to give the series a shot

Yeah, but it was made by Splash Damage.

That thing was so half baked I assumed id tossed it in themselves out of a sense of obligation because they are the deathmatch dudes and they just hammered it out over a weekend.

They actually paid a outside team to do THAT? Mannn...

I am pretty sure ID did the rage MP though right? RIGHT?

SomberOwl

They'll state that it's pretty cool and Dan will say that he's gonna check it out

neither will ever play it again

Sounds like a pretty good assumption.

How many guys from GB will say they gave Dark Souls a shot and it didn't "hook" them? Aside from Austin and Vinny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom