• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

The next Powerbombcast will be no fun aside from Takeover talk. This had been a befuddling and disappointing show in every single segment. Even the amazing women's match was ruined by old ass Ric Flair deciding the finish.

TraBuch

Banned
Was totally expecting Taker to carry Shane into the ring and let him pin him. One final sacrifice after he saw what Shane was willing to do. A sign of respect.

As it is, that was entirely fucking pointless.

N25NdKH.png

How much longer until regular gb-gaf returns?
It never left.

Slurmer

Banned
Hey sorry as this has probably been asked before, but I have started to get weird error messages from the video buddy app. Just started today. The error message is a recording of Jeff mentioning the things it could be--saying it could be my account or my device. I'm a premium member and this is happening on all the new content.

I was going to ask on the GB forums, but wanted to check with you all first just in case. Thanks

Hey sorry as this has probably been asked before, but I have started to get weird error messages from the video buddy app. Just started today. The error message is a recording of Jeff mentioning the things it could be--saying it could be my account or my device. I'm a premium member and this is happening on all the new content.

I was going to ask on the GB forums, but wanted to check with you all first just in case. Thanks

I get the same message on my phone now.

Gonna need to watch some more Lucha Underground after this to watch the bad WM taste out.

The entrances were super on point at the least tho

This wrestlemania is like when you are excited for E3 and all the new games to be announced and all that gets shown is a new COD, new Madden and a HD remaster of Seaman.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But is it WWE's fault that people are excited about wrestling.

Or the people's fault that they are excited about wrestling.

def sim

At least takeover and HoF was fun.

But is it WWE's fault that people are excited about wrestling.

Or the people's fault that they are excited about wrestling.

Part of the fun is reading people more invested than I am being mad the whole way through. Every year it's like this, but they don't stop.

Megasoum

Banned
I decided to start a new Skyrim save so I put the original quicklook on my second screen to keep me entertained during the boring tutorial bits.

They end the quicklook with Jeff saying "Brad... I really love that game but maaaannnn I can't wait for Fallout 4!"... Man... If only they knew

Is modern WWE wrestling ever actually good?

They actually have the best roster they have had since the peak of the attitude era so good matches happen a bunch and plenty of people work toghter well.

But the creative behind it is fucked.

This mania is the perfect example of that. Plenty of good matches happened but every single one ends in a anti climax that undermines the work the wrestlers are putting into it and leaves a bad taste after.

Every time a good idea happens and they have something to be excited they ruin it within a month. Every time a super obvious good idea is available to shake things up in a postive way they avoid it to keep the status quo.

I have barely been watching WWE these days but I think this WM finally put me on the Jeff train of "fuck this shit I can do better with my time"

I get the same message on my phone now.

They fucked up their video API.

Tubobutts

I decided to start a new Skyrim save so I put the original quicklook on my second screen to keep me entertained during the boring tutorial bits.

They end the quicklook with Jeff saying "Brad... I really love that game but maaaannnn I can't wait for Fallout 4!"... Man... If only they knew
Jeff probably likes Fallout 4 more. It has guns.

Megasoum

Banned
Jeff probably likes Fallout 4 more. It has guns.

They all sounded kinda bummed about Fallout 4 overall.

I know I was anyway... I've been really craving for a Bethesda RPG lately I just can't get into Fallout 4... All the weapon and base crafting really annoys me.

Having played like 1h of Skyrim tonight... It's like if I was back home... I'm at 110+ hours played so far in that game and all the controls and UI navigation came back to me in seconds.

It's so great to be able to play a Bethesda RPG with a fucking great inventory UI (with SKYUI mod). The whole Pipboy thing in Fallout has became one of the franchise's biggest crutches. In concept it's kinda cool but in reality it's completely impractical and terrible to use.

justjim89

They actually have the best roster they have had since the peak of the attitude era so good matches happen a bunch and plenty of people work toghter well.

But the creative behind it is fucked.

This mania is the perfect example of that. Plenty of good matches happened but every single one ends in a anti climax that undermines the work the wrestlers are putting into it and leaves a bad taste after.

Every time a good idea happens and they have something to be excited they ruin it within a month. Every time a super obvious good idea is available to shake things up in a postive way they avoid it to keep the status quo.

I have barely been watching WWE these days but I think this WM finally put me on the Jeff train of "fuck this shit I can do better with my time"

Pretty much this. I'm not gonna stop watching, because on some level I feel like I deserve this misery in my life, but the fault isn't with the performers. Not even Roman. It's all 100% a problem of booking and scripting.

Pretty much this. I'm not gonna stop watching, because on some level I feel like I deserve this misery in my life, but the fault isn't with the performers. Not even Roman. It's all 100% a problem of booking and scripting.

I can get behind this also. They have a ton of talent, but the behind the scenes stuff is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom