• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the fat wrestlers wear their shirts in the ring like insecure fat people do in swimming pools? Is that a common thing because they'll get body shamed otherwise?

Serious question.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
whatever schedule we'll end up settling on, i can queue up the episodes, let the thread know and whoever shows up, shows up. people can always watch on their own time, obviously, but the people that do show up will have some likeminded people to talk to

do it!

I'll definitely show up when I can.

Ultimately I wasn't upset with the WWE attaching their nostalgia bit to the tag match at WM because, quite frankly, the New Day is the tag division. The League of Nations is a holding pattern for three guys they don't know what else to do with. The Usos are only around because of Roman. The Dudley Boys are not going to be around for a long time. The Wyatts are officially buried. The Ascension might as well not exist. They really need to add to the tag division. Enzo and Cass are a good start, but I think they need more.

can't wait for American Alpha to move up and get completely neutered

FeMC is another swagmaster though.

MaMC is the least swag of the duology.

Bwahaha, that's awesome. I assumed the protags were kinda similar, with how both games are set up.
FeMC is another swagmaster though.

MaMC is the least swag of the duology.

MaMC is super boring an depressing. He feels so damn off tonally compared to his interactions in S. Links.

FeMC is the perfect match for the rest of the game.
FeMC also has better music.

But the battle theme is worse.
This just reinforces my desire to play P3FES some day.

moar persona

yami4ct

I've read P3FES has some different story stuff though, which is my primary interest.

Main Story wise, the content is the same as the P3P male route AFAIK. The Answer is a separate piece of content you can load into without playing the rest of FES. It's got some not great things gameplay wise, and it's very punishing and grindy. I still think it does some really cool things with the story and explores some interesting themes surrounding grief and sacrifice. It's not perfect, but it's neat.

I'm also one of the people who had zero clue what the hell happened with the end of P3 until I read up on it, and I think the game kinda doesn't do a great job letting you know what the hell is happening. The Answer definitely rectifies it even if it does it a bit ham fistedly.

It's still a very good game, don't worry.
They sacrificed a lot getting it to run on the PSP.

What you gain is worth the cost of losing the explorable overworld and anime cutscenes IMO. The auto battle system is really bad and the FemMC is awesome.

Bowlie

Banned
I'm also one of the people who had zero clue what the hell happened with the end of P3 until I read up on it, and I think the game kinda doesn't do a great job letting you know what the hell is happening. The Answer definitely rectifies it even if it does it a bit ham fistedly.

That's why I liked it. Most games would shove the meaning in your face so you could understand.

Persona 1's battle theme is the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPHJJY8GhMY

I've read P3FES has some different story stuff though, which is my primary interest.
FES has an epilogue that's primarily combat focused, there's some story stuff that's pretty solid in it but I'd probably advise just watching that on youtube.
I bought P3FES on the PSN store for my first ever go-round -- was that a mistake? I don't have a PSP, just PS3/PS4.
Nah it's still a fantastic game, P3P just has some quality of life improvement that help if you're coming from P4.

yami4ct

That's why I liked it. Most games would shove the meaning in your face so you could understand.

There's a difference between saying an interesting thing and leaving questions open for thematic interpretation and having your plot being actively obtuse.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Main Story wise, the content is the same as the P3P male route AFAIK. The Answer is a separate piece of content you can load into without playing the rest of FES. It's got some not great things gameplay wise, and it's very punishing and grindy. I still think it does some really cool things with the story and explores some interesting themes surrounding grief and sacrifice. It's not perfect, but it's neat.

See, I think that's fine. I think games could do more with well executed vague endings as long as they lay out the implications, and when that music hits, it's just perfect.

yami4ct

See, I think that's fine. I think games could do more with well executed vague endings as long as they lay out the implications, and when that music hits, it's just perfect.

I dunno. I got what was happening, but it was all way too sudden and the reasons behind it too obtuse. If they were going to pull that, they should've started laying the groundwork for it in the final fight. It just left me more confused than sad the first time around.

I really liked Cthulhu Saves The World's battle theme.

Nah it's still a fantastic game, P3P just has some quality of life improvement that help if you're coming from P4.

It's still a very good game, don't worry.
They sacrificed a lot getting it to run on the PSP.

I think fes is better as a first time through. P3p better second time just to experience FeMC.

Alright cool! I can't wait to dig into it a little more since I barely got started.

Antiwhippy

I dunno. I got what was happening, but it was all way too sudden and the reasons behind it too obtuse. If they were going to pull that, they should've started laying the groundwork for it in the final fight. It just left me more confused than sad the first time around.

But they did? I thought it was pretty obvious.

yami4ct

Battle themes are overrated anyway. Let's talk about the best piece of Persona 3 Muisc.

Brand New Days.

I'm happy FES exists just for that.

But they did? I thought it was pretty obvious.

I literally got none of it the first time around. It was just like

Oh, and I guess my Protagonist is dead for some reason
now. I got that they are hinting at
shit going wrong with you/you being ill during graduation week
, but none of the other stuff made sense to me. It also didn't help that I actively didn't like the MaMC.

I don't want to talk about it too much as people here are playing P3 for the first time so I'll just say that I think P3 has one of the better endings I've seen in a videogame.

I'd be interested to read Lurker and Catfish's impressions if they stick with it.

yami4ct

I don't want to talk about it too much as people here are playing P3 for the first time so I'll just say that I think P3 has one of the better endings I've seen in a videogame.

I'd be interested to read Lurker and Catfish's impressions if they stick with it.

Persona 4's ending was like saying goodbye to a bunch of good old friends to me. Because I was much more attached to that cast than the P3 cast, it worked way, way better for me. That's definitely tops on my list.
Even if P3 is a bit more dramatic.

Persona 3 easily has one of the strongest endings of any video game. It shits all over P4's, which is comparatively incredibly cliche.

Antiwhippy

Battle themes are overrated anyway. Let's talk about the best piece of Persona 3 Muisc.

Brand New Days.

I'm happy FES exists just for that.

I literally got none of it the first time around. It was just like

Oh, and I guess my Protagonist is dead for some reason
now. I got that they are hinting at
shit going wrong with you/you being ill during graduation week
, but none of the other stuff made sense to me. It also didn't help that I actively didn't like the MaMC.

you didn't get the implication of his sacrifice in the final battle?

The great seal using up all your HP except for 1?

The game's theme itself is also basically all about the acceptance of death.

I mean the game bashes its themes on your head throughout the game.

repeater

I'm guessing that the ending involves possibly
undoing most of the game
So, ironically, kind of like GB's 2015 GOTY deliberations then?
Everyone argues at length for six hours and then Jeff simply picks the winner.

Don't even let me think they would ever consider doing that. >.<
GB ER without Jeff/Vinny is like the most underwhelming idea
Dan/Austin cross-coast Persona 5 Endurance run/Doctor Walker, Teach Me About Hanime series. Think about it.

It would be THE.BEST.THING.EVER.

I liked P4G's endings. Very complete and satisfying overall. Unlike a lot of games, the game only gets better towards the end, where clear care has been given to resolving the storylines at play.

P3P has all the same foundations--great setting, gameplay, characters, and storyline--so I don't see why it won't end just as well. And yeah, I fully intend to see it through to the end... the PSTV makes it surprisingly easy to play for anywhere between 15 minutes to two hours before going to bed.
Enter The Gungeon is releasing very soon, can't wait.
I'd love a Quick Look on that.

And regarding QLs, Hyper Light Drifter is another I'm hotly anticipating. I still have no idea what that game is. (But at least I know that it's out now.)

yami4ct

you didn't get the implication of his sacrifice in the final battle?

The great seal using up all your HP except for 1?

The game's theme itself is also basically all about the acceptance of death.

I mean the game bashes its themes on your head throughout the game.

I mean, I totally understood it from a thematic standpoint. As you state, the game is super damn over your head with the
death and messiah imagery.
. I guess I missed the
great seal
part at the time, but I still think the game could've done a much better at making the 'why' clear at the time. It doesn't need to be over your head like The Answer, but it could've been a bit better. The fact they made The Answer in the first place is a bit of an admission of that potential flaw.

Wonder if we'll see a Quantum Break QL tomorrow or if they'll wait until Wednesday because of the stream.
Persona 3 easily has one of the strongest endings of any video game. It shits all over P4's, which is comparatively incredibly cliche.

Even though I enjoy P4's ending I totally agree.
Enter The Gungeon is releasing very soon, can't wait.

Hoping the PS4 version isn't garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom