• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GitS Stand Alone Complex music question ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the song playing during the operation at the beginning of Episode 1, or during the other operation in Episode 13?

Thank you!

(P.S. : This anime rocks.)

Chrono

Banned
Is this anime still going in japan? I heared they extended it to 52 episodes but that was like a year ago. Can't wait for the DVD in july. I just hope they release the second volume close to the second one. It sucks watching 4 episodes then waiting two months for another 4. :(

Chrono

Banned
Matlock said:
Man, I can't wait for GITS:SAC on Adult Swim this fall.

Are they going to air it 4 times a week or just weekly?

It would rock if they finish the series in one run-4 times a week. That would take about 3 and a half months. :)

EDIT: dammit. Just checked ANN. Gits will air on a saturday. I just found out FMA will be on adult swim too and not toonami so it's cool... link

Chrono said:
Is this anime still going in japan? I heared they extended it to 52 episodes but that was like a year ago. Can't wait for the DVD in july. I just hope they release the second volume close to the second one. It sucks watching 4 episodes then waiting two months for another 4. :(

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is two seasons - the self named first season (26 episodes) and the the second season entitled "2nd GIG" (also 26 episodes) - for a grand total of 52 episodes.

In Japan, episodes 13 and 14 of 2nd GIG of aired (39 and 40 if you count it all) The second season was actually cocreated by Mamoru Oshii (who has directed both of the movies).

The 1st DVD (of 7) for Season 1 comes out near the end of this month, with volumes 2-7 coming one installment every two months. According to Bandai, there will be no break between the first and second season DVD releases, so expect a SAC DVD released every second month for quite some time. Season 1 and 2 are seven discs each.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
In Japan, episodes 13 and 14 of 2nd GIG of aired (39 and 40 if you count it all) The second season was actually cocreated by Mamoru Oshii (who has directed both of the movies).
No. Mamoru Oshii did the story concept for 2nd Gig. He is not directing or writing for it.

Hitokage said:
No. Mamoru Oshii did the story concept for 2nd Gig. He is not directing or writing for it.

Man, are we going to have a semantic argument? I used the nebulous term "cocreate".

FWIW, in recent interviews he has mentioned some of the themes that the second season needed to portray, so it was hardly a paragraph of hands-off inspiration on his part.

Chrono

Banned
bump!

I was looking around on the net today and found out that the "kraze" were subbing Gits but then stopped. We all know that they sub several licensed shows, so why did they stop doing Gits? Did Bandai threaten them or something? If they did and since it obviously worked, why are other anime companies not doing the same? I'm just curious. ^__^

Also, that "other" group currently doing Gits sounds a bit like spoon.. :p

Right now I'm waiting for the DVDs. But dammit, a year of waiting for DVDs versus a day of downloading is really tough. :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, I LOVE the music in this show...

Oddly enough, I've never actually sat down to WATCH the show, but rather, I've simply listened to all of the music. Absolutely fantastic stuff!

The music is even better in context. "Where does the Ocean Go?" in particular is set up in such a way that even if you didn't care for the track before, you can appreciate it for what it does.

Chrono: There are two types of fansub groups: the semi-legit, stops when a series is licensed kind, and the need-a-fix-so-badly, we have to sub it kind. Sometimes one splinters into the other. Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances (like One Piece). I can't easily condemn either one because I want to know what happens too!

In the case of a high profile license like GITS, Bandai probably made their wishes known to the fansub groups of the time. The "underground" groups picked things up and ran with it themselves.

Chrono

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
Chrono: There are two types of fansub groups: the semi-legit, stops when a series is licensed kind, and the need-a-fix-so-badly, we have to sub it kind. Sometimes one splinters into the other. Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances (like One Piece). I can't easily condemn either one because I want to know what happens too!

Thanks for the answer. :)

I'm torn about SAC ... I watched a couple of episodes A LONG time ago and now I have my hands on the first season. To watch or not to watch? I think I'll wait until I buy first DVD with the box (late July I think) and then see if I can't wait for the rest I'll watch the fansub but make a commitment to buy the rest of the DVDs to complete the box.

If it's not THAT good I'll just get the DVDs every couple of months. Now that I've discovered Deep Discount DVDs they’re much cheaper then I got them before. (I bought the entire Fruits Basket DVDs from Funimation’s site >__< )

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
At first I didn't like the music.. I was torn between loving Yoko Kanno's very experimental electronics to the original Ghost in the Shell composer, Kenji Kawai's very moody yet provoking music.

However, I grew to love it whilst watching fansubs of it.

Best song is easily Spotter on the be Human OST. That just totally screams YK attitude and I love it to bits.

Dead

well not really...yet
The song Cyberbird is incredibly awesome. Dont know if its in SAC or 2nd Gig, but i love it

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
[The following post is in direct reply to a previous question, no further info will be given or any point elaborated]

AJ, AonE, and LMF were the 3 major groups doing SAC subbing... with AJ showing their usual lack of quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom