• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gladiator 2 | Official Trailer (2024)

They actually used hiphop/rap music for a Gladiator movie? LMAO jesus fuck.

Death No GIF

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
lol at that music :goog_relieved:

I don't know, doesn't look like a bad movie but for sure miles behind the original one. Hope the end product is better.

Ristifer

People really getting touchy about music in a trailer? Come on. You're all better than that.

Anyway, it won't touch the original movie, but I think it still looks good. And I was extremely skeptical. Clearly needed Denzel in there to give the movie some actual star power.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The production values are obviously there. Not sure how anyone is saying this looks "terrible". The cinematography and set design is at least on par with most big budget movies. At least what we've seen so far in this trailer.

About the music used in SOME of the trailer, as an example, the Hallelujah song in Zack Snyder's Justice League trailer was used directly at the end during closing credits in the movie. That's one of the FEW movies to actually have a trailer song in ANY part of the film. Either that song is at the end during credits or it's JUST for the trailer. You lot complaining about the music are smarter than this!

Edit: Connie Nielsen and Pedro Pascal were not enough to elevate this movie with the trailer ... They actually DID need Denzel to be seen in the trailer as an important figure.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
People really getting touchy about music in a trailer? Come on. You're all better than that.
thats the new trend nowadays. songs in trailers dont mean the song or tone will be in the final movie.

Danzel as hannibal is stupid but im really excited to see Danzel in this. Great costume design for both him and pedro.

Billbofet

I will see this in the theater because I love the first movie and this has Denzel, but it does look like a bloated Apple TV+ movie.
Also, the trailer really seems to give a lot of the story away.
Yuck again on that bullshit music used.

Pagusas

Elden Member
so Twister 2 and Gladiator 2 both coming to make mockery of the originals. We're in full on 80's terrible sequel hollywood again.

Romulus

Looks big budget with well crafted set pieces and some well known actors, but that's where the positives end for me.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

How is Lucius literally the nephew of the late emperor, son of the emperor's sister, remembers being IN THE COLISEUM from the first film - but doesn't know where he was born or who his mother is?

This seems really dumb.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
About the trailer: it's just music, and they're trying to appeal to a wide audience. Riddley Scott is obviously not going to be rocking modern music in his historical drama. I mean, come on

About Denzel's character: he is portraying a real life person who was born in North Africa to a lowly caste and yet rose up to emperor

In general: it looks like a Gladiator sequel to me. I am in

Last edited:
Top Bottom