• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glenn Danzig...(video clip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this earlier. Though both of those guys look like pieces of trash, the video is pretty funny.

hers the story
Story: "DANZIG frontman Glenn Danzig allegedly got into a scuffle with NORTH SIDE KINGS singer and frequent SOULFLY collaborator Danny Marianinho following DANZIG's performance in Tuba City, Arizona Saturday night (July 3). The following is Marianinho's official statement regarding the incident, as sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Before crazy rumors begin to spread I would like to explain what happened:

"NORTH SIDE KINGS (web site) were to play with DANZIG last night in Tuba City, Arizona. To make a long story short the whole show was a disaster and a few bands got bumped off. Mr. Danzig (or his management??) refused to push back the original scheduled time slot so NORTH SIDE KINGS and RAPID FIRE would have to play 'after' his set. Whatever — we agreed to play later because we drove 6 hours and didn't feel like going home without playing.

"Needless to say, as soon as DANZIG was finished, the venue turned on the lights and DANZIG's crew and the staging company began to take the stage apart almost instantly. I confronted Mr. Danzig backstage while he was signing autographs and told him I thought he was an asshole because of his 'rock star' attitude and no consideration towards the FEW other bands that got bumped off tonight. In a fit of rage he turned around and slammed me into the wall yelling 'Fuck you, motherfucker,' trying to be a big, tough guy in front of his fans. I, in self-defense, punched him in the face, knocking him out as he was attacking me again. He went down, bleeding from his mouth, eyes rolled back, and in shock that he got knocked to the floor so quickly.

"A friend happened to tape the entire incident and this is all documented. Many witnesses saw him attack me, and I did what any man would do.

"It was unfortunate that this went the way it did — and I hoped Glenn Danzig learned a valuable lesson tonight: Do not lay your hands on anyone unless you can handle what may happen.

"I apologize for nothing, except for the poor little kids that had to witness this big asshole get his ass kicked in a matter of seconds..."

you gotta love the chick in the background screaming "Kick his fucking ass!"...uh, you'll have to excuse him miss, he's busy regaining his conciousness.

and i want this shirt:
danzig.gif

Shazapp

Vivian Campbell, the not-really-large guitarist from Def Leppard, punched him and knocked Danzig out in the mid-1990s. Glenn should learn to be nice.

Shazapp said:
Vivian Campbell, the not-really-large guitarist from Def Leppard, punched him and knocked Danzig out in the mid-1990s. Glenn should learn to be nice.

once you get knocked out by a guy named Vivian, its all over.

nitewulf

i like danzig's music, the first album is truely top notch, not to mention mistfits totally kicked ass. he is a small guy though, albeit muscular.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The best thing Danzig has ever done was the episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force that he guested on.

Fact.

Greekboy

Banned
fart said:
he's like four feet tall dudette

He looks like he's face to face with the guy that clocks him though. I also find it funny that the girl screams "cheap shot" repeatedly. Someone needs to tell her that once somebody instigates a fight like Danzig did with a push....the fight is on.

fart

Savant
i've heard he basically wears platforms, but that guy clearly had some weight on him

not to mention danzig is OLD

Greekboy

Banned
fart said:
i've heard he basically wears platforms, but that guy clearly had some weight on him

not to mention danzig is OLD

Guess Danzig wanted to make his 14 year old groupies wet by putting on a show.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Archaix said:
The best thing Danzig has ever done was "Mother."

Fact.

Fixed.

Best song ever written.

EDIT: Watching the vid again, he only gives up a couple inches to the dude. He must be wearing platforms, I remember some MTV VJ chick towering over him one night watching. I think he's like 5'2" or some shit?

Aww sweet. I was reading the story about this yesterday on PunkNews.org. The lead singer of North Side Kings (which I think should be renamed to Knockout Kings) posted the message about the whole incident.

ShadowRed

Banned
"all these minorities beating on whitey lately......

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Huh!!!!? Dude watch the movie before you respond. Anyhow why the fuck did he push the fucking guy. All he had to say was fuck you dude go talk to my manager or something, not try and be a tough ass infront of some groupies. I cracked up laughing when that one chick scream "Cheap shot." LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom