• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got a Interview for VU Games (questions inside)

B'z-chan

Banned
Well this is surely a shock. I filled out a application a week ago for Vivendi Universal Games. And i got a call back today. Asking me to come in on Wednesday at 3:30pm for a Interview. This was the first application where i had to actually pass a test before even being admited to application status.

So none the less the posistion i would be working would be manufature and packing of games and printed materials. I have the option of working boneyard shift or regular day shit. And they wanted full time emplyees.

What type of questions should i be asking during my interview and what type of attitude would best fit for this type of employment.

Also what can i be expected to be asked about? Cause they did ask in a questionere about 40 questions relating to videogames and software in general. So i'm guessing there might be a fair amount of other things they might be looking for out of a employee.

I'll be one of 5 people on wednesday called back for a interview and they will be interviewing from the 27th-30th so i might have a good shot at getting this job.

element

they will probably grill you on security, do a background check on you and stuff. since you are working on the packaging plant.

since it really isn't a 'games' job, i really have no idea what they would ask you.

Burger

So you put stuff in boxes ??

They probably want to know that you won't rip off games and put them on your many warez sites. Bring to attention how honest you are and use examples from previous jobs.

If they ask "Do you have any questions for us?"

ASK THEM WHEN HALFLIFE 2 COMES OUT FOR GODS SAKE

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
point out what a twat gabe newell is at every opportunity, that should work*

*No dont do that, just be try to come across as honest and hard working, ike you would for any warehouse job.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
For that type of job, honesty honesty honesty. Don't ever admit to costing any business any money. If you were a bartender, don't ever say you overpoured even 1 drink in an effort to earn an extra tip. If they are suspicious that you aren't being honest, just tell them you value honesty above just about all else and really can't stand people who jack things from their place of work.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Obviously the biggest perk of this job will be nicking off with games. Don't waste this oppurtunity.

mint

Banned
On another related VU note, Tribes Vengeance demo comes out tomorrow 10am :D

Same number of maps as the beta, but with all the fixes and updates for the upcoming retail version (which comes out Oct. 5th)

Top Bottom