• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gradius 5 Features

I was just playing G radius, and I know G radius 5 is coming out, and I would like to know what is the possibility for an online mode? Also what other features could Konami add?

Agent X

There will be an Internet-based ranking system in the game. You'll be given a password, which you can enter on a special Web site to see how you compare with other gamers around the world.

It would be nice if they included the ability to upload your rank through the PS2 Network Adaptor as an alternative to entering a password on a Web site.

NotMSRP said:
An online feature sounds nice since I don't have anyone here to be the second player.

You thought was the same thing I was thinking. I have no one to play second player with me, so an online mode with others would be good. Reminds me of the arcade days.

Agent X said:
There will be an Internet-based ranking system in the game. You'll be given a password, which you can enter on a special Web site to see how you compare with other gamers around the world.

It would be nice if they included the ability to upload your rank through the PS2 Network Adaptor as an alternative to entering a password on a Web site.

Yay for the internet ranking system. I hope a bunch of gaming-agers buy Gradius and compete for bragging rights. hehe

DrLazy

The problem with Ikaruga's internet rating system was you had to be godly to get on the list-- it was only the top 500 I think. Doesn't sound hard, but damn it is, especially when one player can play again and again and get high scores.

I'd like there to be a way were it's limeted to one player for one score on the list, and also keep track of the top 10,000 or so. It couldn't be too hard. I'd love to know if I'm the 7,398 greatest player in the US. Also having it upload autmatically on your system would rock, because after you win it could tell you you're "world ranking." That'd be cool.

aku:jiki

The game is finished and out in Japan. It has none of the features you're talking about.

The only thing that's even remotely feasible to add to the US release is the password scoring system, and well... why isn't that in the japanese version if they were planning on doing it?

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I saw two reports of crashes at the stage 3 boss on a coupla different boards.

Of course the sort of people that post to Japanese game boards are even whinier than gaffers, so...

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but can someone recommend some good Japanese gaming boards? (Fennec?) Is there anything like GAF out there? I can't stand 2ch's messiness (maybe I'm just using it wrong?), and while I like QUITER, posting is pretty low-volume compared to here.

Top Bottom