• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graham Norton Effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFA_AOK

His show was funny but then they milked it way too much.

The funniest part of the show used to be when they'd reveal embarassing stories of member's of the audience.

The guests usually take part in something that's a little weird - usually a phone call of some sort to some internet perv that loves the guest...

Dunno how he's going to go down out there but I'd say give him a chance...

Belfast

I saw a few episodes of So Graham Norton on BBCA and from what I've seen of him on Tough Crowd here in the US, he's not always funny, but he IS pretty entertaining. Even if he isn't making you laugh out loud, he's got the energy and charm to pull through. If he doesn't try too hard, I can see it working.

Hamfam

Graham Norton is dumb. He's got a team of writers, and the best he can come up with is a bunch of penis and ass jokes every 30 seconds.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
He's pretty funny, though his shows really do depend heavily on how good the guests and audience are. I've never been happy with his shows in America. Fuckin' whoopers.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
He irritates me. I saw a clip show of his and even the highlights were not funny to me.

I was amazed at some of the high-calibur guests he got, though (Dustin Hoffman, for example).

Suerte

Graham Norton is to take over Michael Parkinson's old Saturday night slot at the BBC, the Daily Star reports today.

The camp comedian has been working on several 'family-friendly' ideas since being poached by the corporation last year to revitalise its Saturday night schedule.

Brian Capron - Coronation Steet serial killer Richard Hillman - was among the celebrities involved in one of the pilot shows.

"It is very innovative and funny," said Capron. "But it's different from his Channel 4 show - there were a lot of families in the audience."

Norton's new show will begin in October.

Family show? Erm.... right.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The BBC already has a Family orientated Graham Norton...

lilly0001.jpg

And niether of them are that funny.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Suerte said:
Graham Norton is to take over Michael Parkinson's old Saturday night slot at the BBC, the Daily Star reports today.

The camp comedian has been working on several 'family-friendly' ideas since being poached by the corporation last year to revitalise its Saturday night schedule.

Brian Capron - Coronation Steet serial killer Richard Hillman - was among the celebrities involved in one of the pilot shows.

"It is very innovative and funny," said Capron. "But it's different from his Channel 4 show - there were a lot of families in the audience."

Norton's new show will begin in October.

Family show? Erm.... right.

Fuck that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom