• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graham Norton - not funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
True, he's not really funny. However, I find his show hillarious. Just some of the bits they do are great, while his interviews are carried on the back of the guest. If the guest is into it and decides to make it a good interview, then it is, or so it seems in his US show.

He's flamboyantly gay! Oh boy! He asks celebrity guests dirty questions! Oh boy! He makes prank phone calls! Oh boy! He thinks us American are odd! Oh boy! He's "on the internet"! Oh boy!

Some things for the UK are fucking hilarious (Monty Python, The Office). Some things are clearly not.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Some things for the UK are fucking hilarious (Monty Python, The Office). Some things are clearly not."

it really was funny when we first got it - about ... oo.... 5-6 years ago?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
He's actually irish.

It took me a long time to get into his show, but I like it now. I haven't seen the US version, though.

hobbitx

I hate that guy and his show, I hope it gets cancelled. Nothing is more annoying than seeing some wide-eyed british guy pop up on your screen while your trying to watch some South Park reruns. Not to mention how much the show itself sucks.

Also, didn't they already give some loud british guy his own show on CC that failed or am I thinking of something else?

etiolate

Banned
I enjoy the show. It's certainly has a different vibe than the other Comedy Central shows and it beats Tough Crowd.

Panajev2001a said:
How many of you knew he used to star in the part of a priest in the show Father Ted ?

I did, Father Ted is brilliant, one of the best comedy series of all time and we share the same last name :D

Btw Norton is not British

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
MrPing1000 said:
I did, Father Ted is brilliant, one of the best comedy series of all time and we share the same last name :D

Btw Norton is not British

I agree with your analysis of Father Ted.

:D.

firex

I think Graham Norton is funny; at least moreso than most other gay comics out there. Now, Mario Cantone... he's one that I don't think is funny most of the time.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
The show is shit with Amercian audiences.

I don't know why exactly, but everytime the show has been set in the US, it's just been so poor. I guess it's because the audience play such a vital part in the show (or used to anyway, I've not seen this CC version), and something about the differences between a US and British crowd ruins it.

Mama Smurf said:
The show is shit with Amercian audiences.

I don't know why exactly, but everytime the show has been set in the US, it's just been so poor. I guess it's because the audience play such a vital part in the show (or used to anyway, I've not seen this CC version), and something about the differences between a US and British crowd ruins it.

I can believe this.

And Father Ted? Awesome show.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I hate Graham Norton and his shitty show. Fortninety was absolutely spot on in his sarcastic analysis:

He's flamboyantly gay! Oh boy! He asks celebrity guests dirty questions! Oh boy! He makes prank phone calls! Oh boy! He thinks us American are odd! Oh boy! He's "on the internet"! Oh boy!
That's exactly how I feel.

Tekky

I thought the BBC version was pretty decent. The best thing about it was actually the audience, when telling their embarrassing stories. They'd say the most shocking things in a dead-pan British manner.

Tekky said:
I thought the BBC version was pretty decent. The best thing about it was actually the audience, when telling their embarrassing stories. They'd say the most shocking things in a dead-pan British manner.

was norton shown on bbc america? Interesting, its actually a Channel4 show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom