• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 4 Delayed

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I noticed at work today, January, is now the date for GT4.

Now, since they decided to wait till next year, why don't you reinclude online play sony, aim for a Spring date of Febuary or March. And make everybody happy!

But online play is UMPOSSIBLE because it requires 1mbs/p[s connection or whatever bullshit Polyphony was sprewing the other day.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
bailout.jpg

Brofist

I'd say there chance it is to add online. It would make sense because of all the talk of the online mode being completed lately. Also they might have gotten some bad feedback regarding no online play. Or maybe that's all wishfull thinking.

Jonnyram

kpop100 said:
I'd say there chance it is to add online.
Why would they announce "No online mode", then delay it and add online mode? I don't think the delay is to add something that has just been removed. I think they're still trying to finish the game.

Brofist

Jonnyram said:
Why would they announce "No online mode", then delay it and add online mode? I don't think the delay is to add something that has just been removed. I think they're still trying to finish the game.

Yeah that would make sense, but I just thought all the talk of the online mode being complete after all might be more than coincidental.

But like I said, that was definitely wishful thinking on my part.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'm fucking sick of this. I'm going to buy a pack of razors and cut myself. If I can't have GT4 this holiday season, then I want off this ride called life.

The American date has always been a little questionable. They never gave it a finalized date when finalizing the Japanese version's date for 12/3.

Assuming America will get the same version of the game that Japan gets, the change to next year for America could be just to position the game for better sales.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
You guys should start collecting Hot Wheels cars instead. It would be cheaper and probably more fun.

Capcom still wins the award for "most delayed titles" for 2004 -- Capcom Evolution and SF: AC should of been ready for the holiday season.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Wait, wait...Japanese version still on track?

Sex. I was running out of vains to sli

Socreges

Banned
I'm not getting this unless they add online, so all the better. But considering Kaz mentioned the possibility of "GT4 Online", then I seriously anything will be changed for January.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Socreges said:
I'm not getting this unless they add online, so all the better. But considering Kaz mentioned the possibility of "GT4 Online", then I seriously anything will be changed for January.

Assuming its january. Most titles deleayed to the date of January don't make january

Catalyst

Banned
Jonnyram said:
You need some Katamari Lovin'
Nah, a pinch of Mario and a dash of Zelda would have made things much, much better.

But fuck that shit. FFXII is turning into something retarded. Xenosaga Episode II isn't EVER going to come here, and the Japanese didn't receive it well. We have all these non-epic RPGs, give or take the positive reactions to SO3 and SMT:N. Xbox is getting popular from the PC games consolefied. GODDAMMIT.

Goddammit, goddammit, goddammit.

We desperately need a 1998, all over again.

Jonnyram

Catalyst said:
Xenosaga Episode II isn't EVER going to come here, and the Japanese didn't receive it well.
At the current rate, I'd be stunned if Xenosaga ever reaches episode IV, never mind VI. Square should somehow bring back the original team and make a proper series instead of the botched effort Monolith is making. Baten Kaitos is cool, but they've totally butchered the Xenosaga heritage.

Although 2004 may seem sucky, I actually thought it was way better than 2003, but 2002-2003 I was pretty caught up in FFXI so didn't really notice what was going on in the outside world.

fart

Savant
IWH TAHEIHI HATE YOU SONY
SADASOIJDAOISJFLKDFJ
DSFLSDJFLDSKF
SDFLKDSJFLKDSJFLDSKJF
SDFLSJGROIUTSV
SKLJGRLJRELRV
RURPOEURKJVLKREJV
TEJLTKBJTLKJUOIURTRLKEJTT

Shinobi

AndriaSang said:
Assuming America will get the same version of the game that Japan gets, the change to next year for America could be just to position the game for better sales.

Come again? GT4's gonna sell the same 8 to 9 million units it always has, regardless of when it drops, with or without online play. Competition simply isn't an issue with this franchise...it's bulletproof. Some of the idiotic comments I've read from GT fanboys the last few weeks is proof of that.

BTW, when's Forza coming out? Not to turn it into another one of those threads.

pilonv1

SolidSnakex said:
According to GameStop:

Gran Turismo 4 - January 3rd
Forza - January 4th

Surely they are just placeholder dates, if you're going to release it so early next year then you may as well get it out for Christmas. I cant see either of them out before Feburary.

Ranger X

If this delay is for the online mode then i have nothing to complain. I'll have ALOT of games to play until GT4 release.

And GT4 without online mode is a no buy to me anyway.

Top Bottom