• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanoff

au.playstation.com have a comp to win a GT5 Signature Edition.

the comp ends Midnight GMT 9 December.

a hint?????

torontoml

Fender_Uk said:
lol you guys love sucking pd's dong on just about any little news

GIVE US A RELEASE DATE
This isn't really just "little" news, since it basically confirms the game is coming out in approximately a month, when before many people were expecting it to slip to 2011.

Majine

Banned
OZvKk.png

Never understood why games this generation almost never have a full rewind feature for the replays. You have a HDD now for Christ sake, use it!

From the Top Gear Magazine

FLAT-OUT INTO THE FOLLOW THROUGH, the Merc SLS begins to slide left. As I flail at the wheel, I catch a glimpse of something very red and very fast in my left-hand mirror. It is closing at speed. Before I can say, "Oh my goodness, a Ferrari 458 is about to hit me square on," a Ferrari 458 hits me square on. There is a sickening crunch of metal and glass and possibly bone. Unidentified pieces of car spray across the tarmac. Kazunori Yamauchi, sitting along side me, laughs. "Big crashes!" he cheers. "All the Time!"

So that's what happens when you try to stage a 16-car race on TopGear's test track.

And that's just from the first page.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GT5 is real, and its spectacular!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I would pay good money for a Citroen 3CV as DLC
My favorite car ever.

Citroen-3CV-m28-1978-200910251029330.jpg

Fersis

Sadaiyappan said:
So what is the release date? When do reviews come out?
Reviews? What for? Its GT5, if you like cars you HAVE to get it. :D

Fersis

Metalmurphy said:
The 2CV was in previous GTs, close enough I guess :p
I know. :D
But imagine the Premium 2CV or 3CV... OH MAH GAWD!

Metalmurphy said:
Game engine.
Christ. I've been seeing these photos the last few days and wondering how much it must have cost to get all these cars together for a photoshoot.

This game can't come soon enough.

Can I buy one directly from the factory?

DoctorWho said:
Christ. I've been seeing these photos the last few days and wondering how much it must have cost to get all these cars together for a photoshoot.

If they were real it would cost around 80m according to the TopGear mag.

SolidSnakex said:
If they were real it would cost around 80m according to the TopGear mag.

Fuck that's allot of money to get a real photo for that , need more info .
I thought the pic was real but then i saw plane\trees that's how i knew it was game engine.

jambo

Russell said:
Wait a second...

The image above is a screen capture of a video game, and NOT an actual real-life photograph??

I call bullsh*t.
It's probably rendered in engine. I'd say it'd run about the same as Myst if you tried to actually play it with that many cars.

Russell said:
The image above is a screen capture of a video game, and NOT an actual real-life photograph??
As nice as it is, I'm a little concerned that you can't tell the difference. There are numerous indicators.

gundamkyoukai said:
Fuck that's allot of money to get a real photo for that , need more info .
I thought the pic was real but then i saw plane\trees that's how i knew it was game engine.

I just assumed that the photo was taken at a military base. Looking closely at the trees I can see how they may have given it away.

Still, that's a very impressive image.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
looks like there may be disc shortages if it does make it in the next 3 weeks ... Panic!!! Amazon preorder come through for me pretty please.

PistolGrip said:
looks like there may be disc shortages if it does make it in the next 3 weeks ... Panic!!! Amazon preorder come through for me pretty please.

Don't scare me with disc shortages!

They'll keep pressing until they have enough.

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
So a day passed and we only took Kaz's word as a confirmation for the game going gold ?

Someone tell me why I should trust his word ? and why we haven't heard any thing on the blogs about it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom