• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
A year ago mdr61 from GTplanet made a shot like the TG one with a bunch of cars on a track. Here it is

HuqW3.jpg

Mr.NiceGuy said:
So a day passed and we only took Kaz's word as a confirmation for the game going gold ?

Someone tell me why I should trust his word ? and why we haven't heard any thing on the blogs about it ?

Just let us have this, don't take this away too and leave us cold and alone ...

EDIT: OOoohh ... $99 GT Wheel? Is that just clutchless shifting since it only comes with 2 pedals?

amar212

SolidSnakex said:
A few years ago mdr61 from GTplanet made a shot like the TG one with a bunch of cars on a track. Here it is

HuqW3.jpg

Yes, it was beautiful piece of work.

I remember there was even an explanation of the process.

Thanx for reminder SS.

Mr.NiceGuy said:
So a day passed and we only took Kaz's word as a confirmation for the game going gold ?

Someone tell me why I should trust his word ? and why we haven't heard any thing on the blogs about it ?

I have this awful feeling too that his words are now going to be the next, "Nov. 2nd" and we are all going to lose our minds again.

noobie

Banned
or Sony is waiting for Kinect's launch marketing+hype to subside a bit so they can generate proper hype for GT5..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
alr1ghtstart said:
old? game rated + final box art

http://imgur.com/61Co0.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Damn.. It'd be truly amazing without all that clutter. The box artwork is a masterpiece on its own IMO.

The box art at least confirms that there is no Move support. Not really surprising since Kaz said that if they did do it then it'd be limited to just menus. So it really wasn't worth their time.

-viper-

Banned
Goldrusher said:
It looks nice in dark blue though.

c214748364815082010213614_1.jpg

c214748364824082010081345_1.jpg

I'm actually surprised by the number of SLS AMGs here in the area. Dozens. In every color.

Images don't work.

edit: nvm. Looks damn nice.

Wazzim

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
old? game rated + final box art

http://imgur.com/61Co0.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Oh wow not that many things pasted on it at all, can't be said about the PAL version sadly.

offshore

Goldrusher said:
It looks nice in dark blue though.

[IMtp://imgur.com/sqSi4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMttp://imgur.com/jLDyC.jpg[/IMG]
Definitely...that does look good. It wouldn't be a bad thing for Sony to make GT5 covers with all the colours of the SLS AMG that you could print out. I wouldn't mind that colour on the box art.

MidnightRider said:
Dude at gamestop told me it's street dated for Jan. 1st.

Think they are coming out before then?

Ever saw a game coming out in new years day? Ever saw a game coming out on a saturday?

MidnightRider said:

Ugh, come on guys can we stop with this shite? Just think for one moment and ask yourself whether that seems like a believable release date.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
MidnightRider said:

As someone else noted, this is not even a realistic date. Dec 31 is a Friday and January 1st is a Saturday. How many games are officially released on Fridays and Saturdays in the US? Virtually none. Those dates are place holders.

Canova

Banned
is this just another carrot on a stick from Sony?

I don't believe any of this until I see it in the store shelves

dark10x said:
As someone else noted, this is not even a realistic date. Dec 31 is a Friday and January 1st is a Saturday. How many games are officially released on Fridays and Saturdays in the US? Virtually none. Those dates are place holders.
I'm sure you're right. I saw this date on Monday and told the customers that asked when it was coming out that I was fairly certain it was a place holder.

The weird thing is though is that placeholders aren't normally listed as being streetdated, which this is. that's the weird thing.

i'm sure it's a placeholder. i'm sure it'll be out before the end of the year... but yeah, i'm less sure because of that damn street date on the thing. could just be a change of policy for place holders, could just be a mistake.

it probably doesn't mean anything.

-viper-

Banned
dark10x said:
But the GAMESTOP employee said it's coming out on Jan 1st. It must be completely true!

The most important time frame for the release date for me is Dec 26th - Jan 2nd, that is when my girlfriend will be on a trip with her sister. Maximum GT5 binge potential.

-viper-

Banned
That's the sort of time frame I'd like to see GT5 at. As long as I get the game in time for the Christmas break, I'll be a happy man.

Goldrusher

From the Top Gear magazine:

After deciding to include the Lamborghini Miuara P400 Bertone prototype, the Polyphony team discovered the only example remaining in the world was owned by the Marriott family - of the posh hotel chain fame. So they packed up their bags and cameras and measuring devices and decamped wholesale to the Marriott residence in the States. "To go to someone's home and do our work without getting in the way of their family, keeping their dog under control, without offending anyone, it's difficult," smiles Kazunori. "But worth it..."

But, I ask, how do you find out how it drives? Take enough measurements and photos you can make a virtual car look faithful, but presumably the Marriott family didn't let you take out the Miura for a few laps of the local track? Kazunori's answer is... enlightening.
"As long as you enter all the parameters for the mechanisms correctly," he says, without a hint of overstatement, "the physics of the car will be created as is. It will behave as it should."
Hang on. That's it? Plug enough numbers into the GT5 physics engine and it will, by magic, reveal the murky secrets of any car's handling and grip? So, without driving the thing, providing you input the data correctly for, say, the 458 Italia, a Ferrari test driver will find it behaves precisely the same as the real thing?
The reply is deadpan. "That's absolutely correct. That is what we found".

So what we have here, more than than a mere computer game, is a sort of unified field theory for cars. Surely, then, manufacturers are queuing up to test out their ideas within GT5? After all, it'd be a whole lot cheaper than running up a dozen test mules in order to discover that a new rear diffuser sets fire to puppies. Kazunori nods. "We receive many requests from manufacturers to see how their concept would actually drive. Engineers can come up with new mechanisms, but it's not always clear how they'll work on the car. We can put them into the game to find out."

Very cool.

-viper-

Banned
Chill Winston - it was a joke.
Goldrusher said:
Remembering hearing something similar from Kaz a while back regarding the input of data to create the driving model of a car. Sounds impressive.

MidnightRider said:
http://assets.thequietus.com/images/articles/184/joker-740320_1216481931_crop_550x300.jpg[img]

Anyone posting about gamestop on NeoGAF shouldn't be taken seriously. Have you not be around here long enough to know that?[/QUOTE]

You saw an opportunity to pick on a junior who you thought was naive, as Raelson said, nice damage control.

But back on topic. When are these awards supposed to take place? Today or tomorrow?

Hanmik

Goldrusher... can you read the last two pages he posted on GTplanet.? for some strange reason the last two pages do not load on my pc´s...

knee

SolidSnakex said:
A year ago mdr61 from GTplanet made a shot like the TG one with a bunch of cars on a track. Here it is

HuqW3.jpg

Wow, is this available at a higher res?

I run triple monitors. :-D

demosthenes said:
You saw an opportunity to pick on a junior who you thought was naive, as Raelson said, nice damage control.
?

wait wait wait

I was picking on a junior exactly when?

and damage control?

wow you nerds are lame sometimes.

OUT

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Goldrusher said:

Kazunori nods. "We receive many requests from manufacturers to see how their concept would actually drive. Engineers can come up with new mechanisms, but it's not always clear how they'll work on the car. We can put them into the game to find out."

Very cool.

Thats impressive, so they get money not only from Game sales but from Car manufacturers too?
So the GT5 Dev Tools are actually Car manufacturing tools...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom