• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flek said:
your source? A shop? Anyway … please please be true. DEC 1 would be epic.

2nhzO.gif

Normaly she is trustworthy. So i really cross my fingers Dec 1st is true.

Edit: no ashleys

It'd make sense for November 30th in America, right? Wasn't the original European release date yesterday? The pattern of us getting it one day before the Euros would still hold true.

ConradCervantes said:
It'd make sense for November 30th in America, right? Wasn't the original European release date yesterday? The pattern of us getting it one day before the Euros would still hold true.

Yeah, the Sony Style site actually says that it'll be released "on or about November 30th" in the US. I'm still sticking with my belief that it'll be out next year just to avoid any disappointment if that ends up happening. I don't want my hopes crushed again after the November 2nd delay. :/

Flek

Banned
UHHH got a email from amazon.com !

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the or The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition"
Release date: December 31 2010

If you would like to learn more about pre-ordering video games from Amazon.com, including when you can expect to receive your new video game, please visit our help page

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

WHY WAS MY ORDER DELAYED?
While we do our best to adhere to our delivery estimates, our inventory is constantly changing based on information we receive directly from our suppliers. Occasionally, unexpected fluctuations in supply, delays during shipping, or changes in release dates for new products will add time to our original delivery estimate.

WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE OR CANCEL MY ORDER?
If your order hasn't entered the shipping process, you can change or cancel it in Your Account:

https://www.amazon.com/your-account

If the order is "shipping soon" or "completed", you won't be able to make any changes as it's on the way out the door; we apologize for any inconvenience.

WHAT IF AN ITEM HAS SHIPPED AND I NO LONGER WANT IT?
If your shipment arrives too late, you may either refuse delivery or return it to us for a refund. For returns instructions, please visit our Returns Center at www.amazon.com/returns.

HOW DO I CONTACT YOU ABOUT MY ORDER?
If you have more questions about this order, you can e-mail or phone Customer Service by clicking the "Contact Us" button on the right side of any Help page (www.amazon.com/help).

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
https://www.amazon.com/?tag=neogaf0e-20
==============================
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

edit: ok its old a and placeholder … fuck off amazon

MGR

Flek said:
UHHH got a email from amazon.com !

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on October 13 2010 (Order# XXXXXXX). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition"
Release date: December 31 2010

Placeholder.

MGR

ConradCervantes said:

Any Tuesday-US/Wednesday-Euro/Thursday-Aus release date would make sense.

spats

Hydrargyrus said:
December 1st, ugh?
Sound perfect for me

At this point I feel like early december would be too early and too convenient. They've already made us wait this long so they might aswell just push it to 2011. ;)

December 1st would be awesome, but I wouldn't be able to play it Day One, because I will be abroad at the time. But I'm still getting it Day One none the less!!!

It'll be my Sinterklaas gift!! :D

BeeDog

spats said:
At this point I feel like early december would be too early and too convenient. They've already made us wait this long so they might aswell just push it to 2011. ;)

You're an evil monster.

Yoboman

spats said:
But it's gone Gold :\

I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but look at how long the Driving Options list is in the build that Vettel is playing

xlfu6.png

Previous GT5 demo
s4EPs.png

Prologue
uYrTn.png

saladine1

Don't kill me freaky Jason!

So, the 'maybe definately' announcement at SEMA didn't happen?
The horror,the horror..

SolidSnakex said:
I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but look at how long the Driving Options list is in the build that Vettel is playing

[]http://imgur.com/xlfu6.png[/]

Previous GT5 demo
[]http://imgur.com/s4EPs.png[/]

Prologue
[]http://imgur.com/uYrTn.png[/]

I wouldn't read much into it. There's no way how fast that scroll bar is gonna move even if you go up once. It probably is just Transmission and driving line missing.

Loudninja said:
Meh...

Yoritomo

Yoboman said:
It's all relative. Both are sims, neither is completely realistic.

When the fastest guy in iRacing who has never been to a track in real life can go and jump in a Star Mazda car and within 4 laps get within 3 seconds of the fastest lap times on the track... But then by about lap 6 he realized he was fat and out of shape and puked in his helmet.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's all about the physics. Every game maker in the world could learn from how they model the tracks in that game. I run my local track before track days. iRacing is way cheaper than doing that. :lol

nofi said:
Pokémon.

Órale

Zaptruder

Banned
Yoritomo said:
When the fastest guy in iRacing who has never been to a track in real life can go and jump in a Star Mazda car and within 4 laps get within 3 seconds of the fastest lap times on the track... But then by about lap 6 he realized he was fat and out of shape and puked in his helmet.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's all about the physics. Every game maker in the world could learn from how they model the tracks in that game. I run my local track before track days. iRacing is way cheaper than doing that. :lol

You've not heard of Lucas Ordonez? Or any of the other GT Academy drivers.

Or how Yamauchi's GT5 Nurburging lap time is within a second of his real life lap time?

*edit*

Goddammit.

Yoritomo

Zaptruder said:
You've not heard of Lucas Ordonez? Or any of the other GT Academy drivers.

Or how Yamauchi's GT5 Nurburging lap time is within a second of his real life lap time?

*edit*

Goddammit.

Did a single one jump in a car cold and within a few laps have a competitive lap time? No, they had to go through extensive driver training.

Yoboman

Yoritomo said:

Didn't we see similar with the Time Trial demo?

I didn't follow it all the way, but wasn't that the purpose of that demo?

Besides, there's plenty that Iracing lacks last time I played it (I don't know what updates have come since) but it lacked pit crews, wind, weather, track temperatures all of which GT5 has

I believe the Iracing devs also had some kind words to say about the TT demo recently, so I don't think GT is that far behind the curve.

If the date is within 2-3 weeks of x-mas then my preorder isn't getting paid off. I have enough problems covering Christmas this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom