• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
Guys you have to remember iRacing is a FULL BLOWN RACING SIM (games that attempt to simulate accurately auto racing) the BEST in it's class. Hey don't get me wrong we haven't seen the full GT5 yet. But right now, for it to compete with iRACING physics-wise that'll take KY and the lads 5-10 years to build the physics engine alone.

still
GT > iRacing

:D

amar212

No iRacing player will ever admit GT is even close to iRacing.

That is a fact.

Same as BMW owners will always say BMW is better than Mercedes.

Both sides here are wasting time with their arguments.

SolidSnakex said:
You apparently only get to transfer 200 cars. So you don't need to collect all of them.

And yes, it's for Arcade Mode only.

WAT. Where did this info appear?

Damnit PD, I grinded hundreds of hours to get 4,000+ cars of every color in PSP and I can only choose 200?!?!?

;_;

onken

scandisk_ said:
Guys you have to remember iRacing is a FULL BLOWN RACING SIM (games that attempt to simulate accurately auto racing) the BEST in it's class. Hey don't get me wrong we haven't seen the full GT5 yet. But right now for it to compete with iRACING physics-wise that'll take KY and the lads 5-10 years to build the physics engine alone.

Well it seems to me iRacing is a lot more cut down, but extremely true-to-life simulation. Gran Turismo on the other hand has hundreds and hundreds of cars and dozens of tracks, it makes sense that they're never going to get it as bang on as a game with 20 cars and a couple of tracks.

Then again don't ask me, I don't even have a driver's license :lol

amar212 said:

That is a fact.

Hopefully that should put those discussions to rest.

It has always been a BMW x Audi x Mercedes thing.

Technically, they are all close. The rest, is just the rest.

Yoritomo

amar212 said:

That is a fact.

Gran Turismo fans are better at wasting time. I concede defeat.

SmokyDave

I love the fact that GT5 is squaring up against iRacing. Win or lose it just shows how far console racers have come. GT5 is going to reign at the top of the pile for a long time.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SmokyDave said:
I love the fact that GT5 is squaring up against iRacing. Win or lose it just shows how far console racers have come. GT5 is going to reign at the top of the pile for a long time.
It's not really an arrogance thing but you're absolutely right. GT5 is the peak as far as the genre goes. Too many things going on.

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
Metalmurphy said:
I thought the best sim was NetKarPro, not iRacing.

Nah it's iRacing's reign now. CoolJJ of gtplanet commented that the GT5 BB demo really felt like netkarPro, so it looks like we're in for a treat :D

darkwing

SolidSnakex said:
Actually the next place he'll probably be is the Tokyo Motor Show which takes place in early December. That's assuming that the GT5 release date doesn't happen between now and then, in which case he'll of course be at some launch events.

well it ties in with the supposed Dec 8

duckroll

http://asia.playstation.com/sg/en/news/pressDetail/200470

Singapore, 1 November 2010- Sony Computer Entertainment Hong Kong (SCEH)(*1)today announced that the highly anticipated “GRAN TURISMO®5” (GT5) (Chinese/English ver), the online car-life simulator exclusive on the PlayStation®3(PS3™)system, is set to be in stores in Singapore later of this year at the suggested retail price of SG$92. This is the latest installment of the “GRAN TURISMO®” series(*2).

Sony is trying really hard to convince everyone that the game is going to make end of 2010.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Qore, Mubi , Move ... man Sony has some bad taste naming things.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
SolidSnakex said:
That's Audrey Cleo.
I honestly don't know who either of these people are really, but I was definitely feeling attracted to whoever was in that thing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Valkyr Junkie said:
Sony had nothing to do with the creation of Mubi.
Sorry then.

Qriocity yeah thats WTF worthy.

BobsRevenge said:
I honestly don't know who either of these people are really, but I was definitely feeling attracted to whoever was in that thing.
like her she's awesome and into horror movies. <3 she dressed up for halloweeen too.
76052_453859300822_177051630822_6254251_2103930_n.jpg

car related

71887_449247355822_177051630822_6170196_1361015_n.jpg

Jim

Dunno if this was posted yet, but SCEA sent out a fresh new "Gran Turismo Awards' 'Best In Show' Winner" press release this morning.

And it said the following:

The 12-year old Gran Turismo franchise is recognized as the world's best and most authentic driving simulator. Gran Turismo 5, releasing exclusively on the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) system this year and now for the first time in stereoscopic 3-D, offers more than 1,000 licensed cars from the world's top manufacturers and racing organizations such as NASCAR and more than 20 tracks with 70 variations, including famous world circuits, city courses, and other environments.

Cigol

darkwing said:
so SEMA is over and no release date??

2012!!!!!!!!!!
VAeSH.jpg

When the fastest guy in iRacing who has never been to a track in real life can go and jump in a Star Mazda car and within 4 laps get within 3 seconds of the fastest lap times on the track... But then by about lap 6 he realized he was fat and out of shape and puked in his helmet.
One of the fastest guys in sim-racing, not just iRacing. On the flip-side he wasn't competing in a race. It was hot-lapping, which is 'easier'. iRacing did a similar thing not long ago with the Jetta TDI series winner and the guy had to do his practice with other cars on track, as well as qualifying and the race itself. Wasn't as spectacular a result, because he struggled and took things slow to begin with so as not to wreck out early, but the end result was encouragingly the same, only with less sick.

The only thing I will say to people bringing up iRacing is that it's easy to drop its name into a Gran Turismo thread without fear of recourse, but anyone who actually plays the game is acutely aware of how other gamers from rFactor/NKP/LFS/GTR/etc view it, and indeed how iRacers themselves view it. It has its share of problems, inaccuracies and shortcomings - so it's a little disingenuous to just drop its name into a Gran Turismo thread as the picture of perfection, because it really isn't. Not that it's stopped me (someone who races only very occasionally) from spending over £500 on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom