• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyonaz said:
2l9s136.jpg

Fixed for ya! :D

BisonBrand.gif

fu3lfr3nzy said:
WAT. Where did this info appear?

Damnit PD, I grinded hundreds of hours to get 4,000+ cars of every color in PSP and I can only choose 200?!?!?

;_;

Why did you do that anyway?

Anyway. I'll just download a save from gamefaqs and get my cars that way.

Yoritomo

Cigol said:
VAeSH.jpg

One of the fastest guys in sim-racing, not just iRacing. On the flip-side he wasn't competing in a race. It was hot-lapping, which is 'easier'. iRacing did a similar thing not long ago with the Jetta TDI series winner and the guy had to do his practice with other cars on track, as well as qualifying and the race itself. Wasn't as spectacular a result, because he struggled and took things slow to begin with so as not to wreck out early, but the end result was encouragingly the same, only with less sick.

The only thing I will say to people bringing up iRacing is that it's easy to drop its name into a Gran Turismo thread without fear of recourse, but anyone who actually plays the game is acutely aware of how other gamers from rFactor/NKP/LFS/GTR/etc view it, and indeed how iRacers themselves view it. It has its share of problems, inaccuracies and shortcomings - so it's a little disingenuous to just drop its name into a Gran Turismo thread as the picture of perfection, because it really isn't. Not that it's stopped me (someone who races only very occasionally) from spending over £500 on it.

500 is way cheaper than even a single track day. And you're absolutely right. They all lack in some way. I don't even think the physics or driving dynamics of iRacing are it's strongest contribution to sim racing. The safety rating is the best part. I need to re-up to and get the FW31. But yeah, I completely agree. At the end of the day they're all games unless you're an F1 team.

Yoritomo said:
500 is way cheaper than even a single track day. And you're absolutely right. They all lack in some way. I don't even think the physics or driving dynamics of iRacing are it's strongest contribution to sim racing. The safety rating is the best part. I need to re-up to and get the FW31.

You must go to some expensive ass track days.

saladine1

I love the grind of collecting cars 'legit' instead of saves and transfers.That's one of the reasons why I love GT.

Yoritomo

Valkyr Junkie said:
You must go to some expensive ass track days.

Cheapest is $195 for a single day but I have to drive 4 hours there and back. The local track is a very used NASCAR/Truck series track and track days are really track couple of hours for 300 bucks.

PjotrStroganov said:
Why did you do that anyway?

Anyway. I'll just download a save from gamefaqs and get my cars that way.

Well, the only reason I bought a PSPGo day 1 was because of GT PSP.

I was originally gonna just play enough to buy 40-50 race cars but thought to myself "I spent $300 for this shit, might as well get my money's worth :lol " and thus the grinding began.

It wasnt too bad though. I'll be watching stuff on my DVR while the Veyron drove around the test track for hours on end :lol

SmokyDave

saladine1 said:
I love the grind of collecting cars 'legit' instead of saves and transfers.That's one of the reasons why I love GT.
Same here. I maxed out GT: PSP the legit way and I loved every moment.

Now I have to face the cruel reality: I think I might have lost my PSP Go and I didn't have the saves backed up.

Massa

SmokyDave said:

Now I have to face the cruel reality: I think I might have lost my PSP Go and I didn't have the saves backed up.

Even if you had a back up the saves are useless without the original PSP as they're locked. I learned that the hard way when I had to start over after moving from a 3000 to a PSP Go.

Hope you find your system man.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yoritomo said:
500 is way cheaper than even a single track day. And you're absolutely right. They all lack in some way. I don't even think the physics or driving dynamics of iRacing are it's strongest contribution to sim racing. The safety rating is the best part. I need to re-up to and get the FW31. But yeah, I completely agree. At the end of the day they're all games unless you're an F1 team.

Half that price gets me 14 laps in a track-supplied race prepared exige. A self-drive track day can be less than £50

Corto

SmokyDave said:

Damn! Here's hoping you find it... Good luck!

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Massa said:
Even if you had a back up the saves are useless without the original PSP as they're locked. I learned that the hard way when I had to start over after moving from a 3000 to a PSP Go.

Hope you find your system man.

Yeah, I also had to switch PSPs and lost everything in my GT game. Save can't be transferred over. Really frustrating.

TeethMummy said:
Yeah, I also had to switch PSPs and lost everything in my GT game. Save can't be transferred over. Really frustrating.

Hmmm, thought it was possible for GT PSP. Guess I confused it with Prologue.

Jim said:
Dunno if this was posted yet, but SCEA sent out a fresh new "Gran Turismo Awards' 'Best In Show' Winner" press release this morning.

And it said the following:

Thanks.

A press release at last. You don´t send a Press Release without going to your boss for approval.

Makes me believe that december 28 is the last date they could pull of, but december 21st, 14th, and 7th are the strongest possibilities.

It´s shame this five almost six year waiting period for GT5 will be remembred by Sony and PD not having a clue on how to communicate with it´s fan base.

We are all like clowns ever since the delay, and it wouldn´t hurt for them to say: "hey, we do give a fuck, we can´t give a specific date because we´re reshuffling our bluray plants, but it´s going to be in december".

It´s so simple, even a trained monkey could do it.

(Well, not the one who updates PSN).

PjotrStroganov said:
Hmmm, thought it was possible for GT PSP. Guess I confused it with Prologue.

You can transfer them from game to game via USB, but that's no good if your old PSP is dead :( There might be a homebrew hack to get round it, too late for me though.

spats

Graphics Horse said:
You can transfer them from game to game via USB, but that's no good if your old PSP is dead :( There might be a homebrew hack to get round it, too late for me though.

My PSP is otherwise fine but it used to have CFW which I later reverted back to OFW which in turn apparently screwed up some USB key in the firmware so I can't use the PSP's USB in any way, sucks. :lol

Spent tons of time grinding hundreds of cars but it looks like there's no way to transfer them over. Oh well.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
spats said:
My PSP is otherwise fine but it used to have CFW which I later reverted back to OFW which in turn apparently screwed up some USB key in the firmware so I can't use the PSP's USB in any way, sucks. :lol

Spent tons of time grinding hundreds of cars but it looks like there's no way to transfer them over. Oh well.
You aren't alone there. I used to have a save file with millions on it and almost every nice car I wanted. Lost it about 1 month ago. The good news is that in between breaks and downtime I've managed to rack up every car and then some. It helps when I can take the damn thing anywhere I want. Too bad they are only good for arcade mode. I will take it though.

Ashes

Banned
MidnightRider said:
This been posted yet?

img above

where did you unearth that from? I haven't seen that anywhere. not in this thread nor the other one, not on Gt planet, not on youtube neither. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom