• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
UFRA said:
Yup this was posted on the previous page and a while ago as well. ;)
Sorry about that than .... :(

Anyway I'm not a big racing fan but its still crazy to me that one of the most anticipated games from THIS entire GENERATION of consoles, has to come out before 2010 is over and it has no official release date.
That is CRAZY to me......

saladine1

The Dutch Slayer said:

Anyway I'm not a big racing fan but its still crazy to me that one of the most anticipated games from THIS entire GENERATION of consoles, has to come out before 2010 is over and it has no official release date.
Welcome to the world of Gran Turismo..

A.R.K

dolemite said:
Not if the game is pushed to Christmas 2011.
shaq.gif

not cool man ... not cool ... >:[

UFRA

spats said:
There was singing and stuff in it. :(

As much as I liked the song, I wouldn't want it to be GT5's theme.

GT5 is such a big step in a new direction for so many reasons. It should have its own song as a symbol of moving on.

UFRA said:
As much as I liked the song, I wouldn't want it to be GT5's theme.

GT5 is such a big step in a new direction for so many reasons. It should have its own song as a symbol of moving on.
And I think My Chemical Romance is perfect for that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
UFRA said:
I watched Hell's Kitchen for the first time the other night.
Pretty awesome. (I love cooking)

offshore

snk2 said:
Can somebody please explain to me why Moon Over the Castle is not the theme song in GT5?
It will be in the Japanese version. So import that one if you want to hear it on the intro (and I assume soundtrack). Meanwhile, we wait to see how SCEE will botch the EU version. Even just between the fan trailers some of us here have made, so there's some great tunes to chose from if they're so implacably opposed to MoTC.
Pepto said:
It isn't 1999 any more.
Which is why it got remixed for 5P. Great mix as well.

-viper-

Banned
The Dutch Slayer said:

VAeSH.jpg

UFRA

Fersis said:
I watched Hell's Kitchen for the first time the other night.
Pretty awesome. (I love cooking)

Nice! Welcome to the club.

If you enjoyed that, I would also recommend the show Kitchen Nightmares. Ramsay goes to restaurants that are in financial/other trouble and tries to restore them and fix their problems. Really cool and amazing to see how horrible some people run their restaurants.

AndyD

aka andydumi
UFRA said:

If you enjoyed that, I would also recommend the show Kitchen Nightmares. Ramsay goes to restaurants that are in financial/other trouble and tries to restore them and fix their problems. Really cool and amazing to see how horrible some people run their restaurants.

European Kitchen Nightmares is far better than the American version I think. I catch the EU one on BBC every once in a while.

commedieu

Banned
UFRA said:

I like modern family. The chubby guy is the best.

UFRA

AndyD said:
European Kitchen Nightmares is far better than the American version I think. I catch the EU one on BBC every once in a while.

Completely agree.

The EU one seems more genuine and "real". The US version seems like it's a bit exaggerated or sensationalized. Probably because us Americans can't stand to watch something that is realistic and instead we prefer drama and hardcore camera angles along with sharp screeching noises when shit hits the fan. :lol

I also didn't like how the US version has a separate narrator, while the EU version is narrated by Ramsay himself.

-viper-

Banned
UFRA said:
Completely agree.

The EU one seems more genuine and "real". The US version seems like it's a bit exaggerated or sensationalized. Probably because us Americans can't stand to watch something that is realistic and instead we prefer drama and hardcore camera angles along with sharp screeching noises when shit hits the fan. :lol

I also didn't like how the US version has a separate narrator, while the EU version is narrated by Ramsay himself.
Hell's Kitchen US is instant replays galore. I guess the attention span of the audience lasts only 10 seconds.

Still like the show, but it just seems to be far more about drama than actual food :p

UFRA

-viper- said:
Hell's Kitchen US is instant replays galore. I guess the attention span of the audience lasts only 10 seconds.

Still like the show, but it just seems to be far more about drama than actual food :p

:lol So true. American reality shows all share so many similarities when it comes to camera angles, screeching sound effects during dramatic events, and stupid narrators.

...oh yeah...err GT5 something or other...

dolemite said:
Not if the game is pushed to Christmas 2011.

That´s my biggest fear.

For instance, the car roster is already outdated considering 800+ cars are 2005 or older. Imagine with another delay. Then the 2009 and 10 models will already feel a bit old.

seattle6418 said:
That´s my biggest fear.

For instance, the car roster is already outdated considering 800+ cars are 2005 or older. Imagine with another delay. Then the 2009 and 10 models will already feel a bit old.

There haven't really been hundreds of (sports) cars released in the last 5 years or so.

Iknos

amar212 said:
No sim racer will ever admit GT is even close to iRacing.

That is a fact.

Fixed and end of discussion. iRacing take forever to release cars because they make sure they are modeled to perfection. There is a good reason why there are only 2 dozen cars at this point. Lets not go there especially in this thread.

Expecting GT5 within the first 2 weeks of December. Supply is my only worry.

Just wish they thought about releasing a demo in the meantime.

offshore

What about Gran Turismo 5 is it still on track for this year?

Peter Dille: Yeah, Kazunori came out with a comment that they are working on a few last things. He apologized to the community, but explained it is coming before Christmas. We haven’t put a date to that yet, but we will just as soon as we get word from him when he’s done.

That’s just not for Japan, it’s for North America too?

Peter Dille: That’s correct.
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/04/peter-dille-talks-playstation-move-success-and-psp-plans/

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
No announcement by 1 week and no Nov release. Now announcement in 3 weeks and that is the XMAS deadline. COME ON NOW SCE!

ToD_

I wonder what they're working on. It can't be the game, because the disc stamping operation is in process, right? Or did I miss something?

offshore

Interview was probably conducted before Kaz's comment. I just posted it because they once again say it's coming before Xmas.

So really an announcement has to be damn close.

ToD_ said:
I wonder what they're working on. It can't be the game, because the disc stamping operation is in process, right? Or did I miss something?

Peter Dille is doing PR here. He doesn't actually know what's happening or if he does, he's not revealing it and just doing the usual interview lines.

zoukka

spats said:
DFGT is the official wheel for GT5. It's very reasonable.

Heh I had the cheapest model when GT4 came holy balls :lol That's a long time ago. I remember it being pretty good. Surprised they manufacture it still. The G27 the newest model? Expensive as fuck...

Iknos said:
Fixed and end of discussion. iRacing take forever to release cars because they make sure they are modeled to perfection. There is a good reason why there are only 2 dozen cars at this point. Lets not go there especially in this thread.

:lol

Piggus

Iknos said:

I have a feeling that the lack of cars in iRacing has much more to do with licensing issues than it does perfecting things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom