• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggus

Metalmurphy said:

Yeah. Still sucks bro.

MotC is not suited for a modern GT game. GT has grown up. Think about it. Most people who hear that will think "wtf is this shit." I don't think PD or SCEE/SCEA care too much about those who bust hefty nuts over nostalgia. ;p

That's not to say MCR was a better choice, but I just don't think MotC appeals to anyone other than the "oh it's so nostalg-uuhhh uhhh my pants" people.

Man if only the DFGT wheel had a clutch. I'd kill for a clutch. Just so I can learn how to drive with a clutch through a videogame lol for under 100 bones!

Anyone know how long the DFGT wheel is gonna be on sale? It's currently 99$ on amazon.

Zep

Banned
GT needs more gfunk music..Shitty rock music in the intro ain't cutting it. Though I always dug the jazz music in the menus.

-viper-

Banned
BigBadShamoo said:
Man if only the DFGT wheel had a clutch. I'd kill for a clutch. Just so I can learn how to drive with a clutch through a videogame lol for under 100 bones!

Anyone know how long the DFGT wheel is gonna be on sale? It's currently 99$ on amazon.
Impossible.

You can only learn to drive manual by actually sitting in a manual car. I really don't know how any video game can replicate the feel of a clutch of a real car as well as the biting point.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

A.R.K

offshore said:
Interview was probably conducted before Kaz's comment. I just posted it because they once again say it's coming before Xmas.

So really an announcement has to be damn close.

if this is really going on...

pmJEf.gif

than what is stopping them from at least making some sort of an official announcement? I don't get it

olore

Disc stamping? Sounds like a russian folkdance

Hope it`s true and we`ll get an official statement soon. Also means I have to hunt down a PS3 with wheel

-viper- said:
Impossible.

You can only learn to drive manual by actually sitting in a manual car. I really don't know how any video game can replicate the feel of a clutch of a real car as well as the biting point.

Well damn, i figured GT5 woulda implemented stalling and etc if you didn't change gears correctly.

BigBadShamoo said:
Well damn, i figured GT5 woulda implemented stalling and etc if you didn't change gears correctly.

It's not a matter of implementing stalling, the mechanical feel of the clutch is more important than the other pedals. You can't really learn that from a game.

Fixed1979

WHOAguitarninja said:
It's not a matter of implementing stalling, the mechanical feel of the clutch is more important than the other pedals. You can't really learn that from a game.

Well if you had a clutch with force feedback I could see it working...although it would be an incredible waste.

EDIT: After thinking about it even with standard forcefeedback it wouldn't be easy to replicate, you'd have to create some sort of tube shock feedback device along with a mechanical teeth type...bah

plainr_

2dv1lk9.jpg

This truck won best Truck/SUV at sema. So wished it won overall so I could drive it in GT5. I did have one of these 2 years ago. :D

Oh btw look who it is. :lol

UFRA

Pepto said:

I've heard decent things about that wheel, but for me personally as a guy with borderline OCD, I wouldn't be able to stand using it in a game like GT5.

As I race in my Mercedes I look down and see my steering wheel has a Porsche symbol on it. It would drive me up a wall. :lol

That's why I'm just sticking with my Driving Force Pro that I got with GT4. Does the job just fine. Loved it in Prologue.

Majine

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Good lord, I saw him in the crowd almost before I saw that truck.
Naturally. My first thought was that he was photoshopped there. But no, He's there. He's always there.

Iknos

Metalmurphy said:
He calls the shots man.

pew pew

Piggus consider the amount of time they take on each car.

A.R.K said:
if this is really going on...

pmJEf.gif

than what is stopping them from at least making some sort of an official announcement? I don't get it

Don't know anything about this process...maybe it has to do with the actual packaging for all the different editions and trying to get a sound estimate on that process. Hoping someone here who knows that sort of stuff can comment on that.

UFRA said:
That's why I'm just sticking with my Driving Force Pro that I got with GT4. Does the job just fine. Loved it in Prologue.

Let me put it this way...I wanted to use my very competent DFP as a second wheel for my second PS3 for LAN racing. But after getting the P911TS I can't go back and am getting a G27 as the second wheel.

DFP is still great I use it for one of my PCs with RBR. Its been through a lot of abuse and its solid as a rock. Just noisy and starting to feel toyish.

Sony should do a full blown media and information blowout on the game since it was supposed to be out by now. All the finalized info and stats. Anyone agree? Can't think of what Sony has to lose by doing this.

ToD_

opticalmace said:
:lol at wheel. What a piece of shit.

Is it a joke? It doesn't even mention a brand or anything.
For PS3 racing fanatics, there's simply no other way to feel the road and head towards that finish line than CTA Digital's Racing Wheel With Stand for the PlayStation Move & DualShock. Great for Gran Turismo 5 fans!

I love the parts where he's cruising with his lady :lol

UFRA

opticalmace said:
:lol at wheel. What a piece of shit.

Is it a joke? It doesn't even mention a brand or anything.

No it's real. CTA Digital makes accessories. They make stuff like those gun attachments for the Move and other things.

Iknos said:
Not meaning to turn this into a rumor fest but:

http://n4g.com/news/639931/gran-turismo-5-release-on-november-30-says-sony-store/com

Sony Store isn't some random retailer.

THIS HAS BEEN POSTED MANY TIMES ALREADY.

For everyone who's posting the November 30 date from Sony store or January 1 date from Gamestop:

STOP IT.

At least bother to read the last page of the thread if you're going to post "news".

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Is there a competitive advantage to using a wheel or is it simply more fun? I’d like to try one out but I don’t want to drop the cash for something if it will cause me to post slower lap times. I’m pretty damn good with the D pad. Yes, you read that right.

Gouty said:
Is there a competitive advantage to using a wheel or is it simply more fun? I’d like to try one out but I don’t want to drop the cash for something if it will cause me to post slower lap times. I’m pretty damn good with the D pad. Yes, you read that right.

You get more control over your car with wheels. You're definitely going to be slower initially though since you aren't accustomed to wheels. But once you get the hang of it you should have no problem getting faster lap times with a wheel than with a regular controller.

UFRA

Gouty said:

There's an advantage AND it's more fun.

No matter how good you think you are with the D-Pad (WTF????????), a competent wheel user will definitely be able to drive better.

lupinko

Zep said:
GT needs more gfunk music..Shitty rock music in the intro ain't cutting it. Though I always dug the jazz music in the menus.

I think GT5 has custom soundtracks, so you can have all the gfunk music you want.

-viper-

Banned
Gouty said:
My lap times are slower with a wheel but frankly I couldn't care less about time trials and leaderboards. Using a wheel is feels more right and more importantly more fun.

UFRA said:
I've heard decent things about that wheel, but for me personally as a guy with borderline OCD, I wouldn't be able to stand using it in a game like GT5.

As I race in my Mercedes I look down and see my steering wheel has a Porsche symbol on it. It would drive me up a wall. :lol
Put a sticker over it. :p

Yes... I actually did this. lol

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
UFRA said:

No matter how good you think you are with the D-Pad (WTF????????), a competent wheel user will definitely be able to drive better.

Are you a competent wheel user? If so, we'll have to settle this online. For science.

Not any great news but SCEA senior VP Peter Dille in an interview with Siliconera says:

Siliconera: "What about Gran Turismo 5 is it still on track for this year?"

Peter Dille: "Yeah [it's on track], Kazunori came out with a comment that they are working on a few last things. He apologized to the community, but explained it is coming before Christmas. We haven't put a date to that yet, but we will just as soon as we get word from him when he's done,"

Siliconera: "That’s just not for Japan, it’s for North America too?"

Peter Dille: "That’s correct."

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/04/peter-dille-talks-playstation-move-success-and-psp-plans/

Alucrid

Banned
UFRA said:

Is there a huge difference between the 299.99 and 149.99 ones?

JWong

Banned
UFRA said:
As much as I liked the song, I wouldn't want it to be GT5's theme.

GT5 is such a big step in a new direction for so many reasons. It should have its own song as a symbol of moving on.
It's the theme song for all of the Gran Turismo games, and not only that, it's from the guys who has done the official theme for Formula-1 Japan.

It's got prestigious written all over it.

UFRA

Alucrid said:
Is there a huge difference between the 299.99 and 149.99 ones?

I don't think the difference is on the scale of epic proportions, but the main difference would be the clutch pedal. Someone who owns one of the $300 ones can answer more as far as what that price offers in other respects.

Gouty said:
Are you a competent wheel user? If so, we'll have to settle this online. For science.

Oh shit, it's on!!!!!

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom