• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

bumpkin said:
This should be the intro...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHIkGw0rQPc

Fuck the Cardigans, Lenny Kravitz, Van Halen, Motley Crue and every other Sony band they've used for the intro on the US versions of the game. "Moon over the Castle" is the original and still the best. :D
I may be a heretic, but I don't think that should be the intro. It would have been great for 1 or 2, maybe even for 3. But now it sounds like outdated videogame jazzrock guitar music. Too generic to me. It remains a great tune, but it is not right for a new game. IMO, of course.

Crayon

Mush said:
I just re-watched the GT1 opening movie and holy shit, NOSTALGIA OVERLOAD.

Yeah I can practically replay it in my head to this day but I still cant figure out what the lyrics to that song are.

Firewire

Banned
A few Euro's on GTP that pre-ordered from Amazon got emails about December 17th in the last couple of hours. Seems like the UK and Germany so far.

Spaulding

From Amazon.co.uk:

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

"Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition (PS3)"
Estimated arrival date: December 17 2010

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

All I want to do is spend my entire Christmas vacation playing TF2 and GT5. Make it happen Kaz.

Also, Dec 17th... hmm, that doesn't sound like a typical placeholder, no? :O
And that's in the UK... if true, earlier for the US?

Loudninja said:
They are all random dates people keep posting over and over, this date is not anymore legit than the last they are all place holders.

This one seems more in line with a uk launch date being friday is the day nearly every game bar a ww release is out.

spats

I'll still wait for that blog post or final press release before I get hyped up. And even then I'll remain cautious. :I

Loudninja

A few things
The physics did feel great to me with a proper wheel setup. A little less forgiving than GT5P, for sure. The graphics were definitely a step up. The freakin' AI will definitely spin you with little or no provocation. Attempting to drive the other build with a controller was extreme for me. I was attempting to do R246 Tokyo in the GT500 GTR. I managed a hard fought 4th place.
Another bit of info I just remembered:
Upon European Release, the Mayor of Madrid( a huge GT fan) is going to close off a section of the downtown, and Red Bull will set up their F1 Tents down there. There will be a huge release party. Date TBA

http://tunerspit.com/forum/showthread.php?191-SEMA-Show-GT5-Questions-list/page6

Spaulding

dwebo said:
Did they already email you a different placeholder date or is this the first delay notification?

That's already the second mail I got from Amazon... I'm still cautious though but Dec. 17 sounds valid. Hopefully Sony will soon announce the official date (not that it's any worth...)

amar212

Something for Force members:

Original post from GTPLanet's Scope72. Picture is from Esquire magazine's feature about Kazunori:

5148071946_3903a8974a_z.jpg

Look at the this detail:
48128,51480719463903a8974az8A4CP.jpg

Upper left part of track is hidden deliberately.

And what track is that? It obviusly comes from the same "setting" that we recently disputed about as being Nurburgring Night.

48129,gt761499x334YQ46E.jpg

amar212

SolidSnake was the fastest again - it is Nurburgring, in 24 Hours configuration with GP track.

48128,51480719463903a8974az8A4CP.jpg

JOnVG.png

So, Nurburgring Night officialy confirmed.

BeeDog

Nürburg at night is the best GT5-related piece of news in a good while. Can't wait to take a Cappuccino around that monster of a track.

The Ring at night with damage is going to be nightmarish. We've already seen with la Sarthe that everything is completely dark, so it's not like in some racers where you don't really need your headlights because the road is still lit up

BeeDog

The only thing that's a bit disappointing (but understandable from a performance point of view) is that your headlights don't light up other cars on the track. Would've made night races even sweeter.

MGR

SolidSnakex said:
The Ring at night with damage is going to be nightmarish. We've already seen with la Sarthe that everything is completely dark, so it's not like in some racers where you don't really need your headlights because the road is still lit up

...then a thunderstorm rolls in....

Solal

Have we ever heard, or seen anything abour features mixing? I mean mixing damages with night...or rain during night...or damages under the rain?

I can't remember anything like that... It worries me a bit as we are -propably- not far from te release and I still never saw that info. Did Kaz ever talk about it?

Pepto said:
Is it really?

What else could that course be? Look on the left hand side of the road in the screen that amar posted of Kaz, you'll see a white tent there. You can see that same tent here

wVrZ9.png

Also you can see that the road is angled downward in both pics.

MGR

Pepto said:
Is it really?

I recall numerous reports where Kaz has verbally confirmed day/night transition doing the Nurburgring enduro races. But this is the first image we've seen from the ring at night.

Hanmik

In other news.. Linkin Park has written a track about GT5.. (you have to imagine that it is the game that is singing the song)..

Leave Out All The Rest

I dreamed I was missing, you were so scared
But no one would listen, 'cause no one else cared
After my dreaming, I woke with this fear
What am I leaving when I'm done here?

So if you're asking me, I want you to know

When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed
Don't resent me, and when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory, leave out all the rest

Leave out all the rest, don't be afraid
I've taken my beating, I've shared what I made
I'm strong on the surface, not all the way through
I've never been perfect, but neither have you

So if you're asking me, I want you to know

Leave out all the rest

Forgetting all the hurt inside you've learned to hide so well
Pretending someone else can come and save me from myself
I can't be who you are

Leave out all the rest

Forgetting all the hurt inside you've learned to hide so well
Pretending someone else can come and save me from myself
I can't be who you are

I can't be who you are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBTXNPZPfbE&ob=av3e

I hope you realise this is a bad joke...

And I guess the game hasn´t got a release date yet, because Kaz wanted to include an option to open the side window while you are driving. He had trouble deciding on whether he should use the Move for manual window regulators, or the motion sensor in the sixaxis.
He also wanted to include an option to be able to smoke while you are driving (he got the idea from Hideo Kojima, while they where dancing one day). While the smoke effect was fine in normal racing, he had problems with it in night races and when it rained. You simply could not see through the smoke and the Raindrops. So he decided to put in a window regulator opening mechanism in the game...
But again this only goes for premium cars..

I hope you realise this is ALSO a bad joke...

I cannot wait for this game anymore.. I want it know... Come on Sony, I´m buying Black Ops next week, and I had decided to go for GT5 over Black Ops this year, but because of the delay, I had to go for the game that is actualy released this november..

From the Russian Game Expo

-1000+ available vehicles.
-Constant updating of car park.
-70 tracks.
-The most modern and advanced special effects - crashing cars, realistic physics, smoke, sparks, tire tracks.
-Change of day and night; weather effects.
-Tracking the movement of a player (Move).
-Compatible with Gran Turismo for the PSP.
-Large collective mode.
-Karting.
-Execution of tricks.
-NASCAR and WRC.
-Tracks generator.
-Top Gear test track and the Stig.
-"Celebrity behind the wheel" DLC.
-Full support for 3D.

Credit to jBhIpS from GTplanet.

Mush

SolidSnakex said:
From the Russian Game Expo

Credit to jBhIpS from GTplanet.
Does "Celebrity behind the wheel" DLC mean Top Gear related stuff or new licensed professional drivers? Like that D1 driver we
(thought)
we saw in a previous trailer? It seems pretty vague. :/

Sew

So, some guy on another forum I frequent claims to have his GT5 disc. I've got good reason to believe him based on past events, I also think he's a douche who shouldn't be posting that stuff. I'm not linking to it. Glimmer of hope for a close release is all.

Who's on the OT?

dwebo

spats said:
Surely this refers to the Playstation Eye tracking?
I think the slide says Move specifically. It was probably trivial for them to include menu and photo mode support at the very least. Walk around your virtual cars in a 3d space? I'd maybe get a Move for that.

Sew said:
So, some guy on another forum I frequent claims to have his GT5 disc. I've got good reason to believe him based on past events, I also think he's a douche who shouldn't be posting that stuff. I'm not linking to it. Glimmer of hope for a close release is all.

I very much doubt it. But if he has it then tell him to prove it by adding someone to his friends list so the "Playing Gran Turismo 5" message pops up on the friends list.

Sew said:
Who's on the OT?

Goldrusher.

spats

PjotrStroganov said:
Move support has been confirmed a while ago right?

I didn't know we ever got concrete confirmation on that. I assumed they were all mistranslations referring to head tracking.

Sew

SolidSnakex said:
I very much doubt it. But if he has it then tell him to prove it by adding someone to his friends list so the "Playing Gran Turismo 5" message pops up on the friends list.
All I really know about the guy is that he was playing COD:BO back on October 22nd. I don't fancy his brag posting style though, so I'm not going to engage with him for proof.

amar212

Sew said:
All I really know about the guy is that he was playing COD:BO back on October 22nd. I don't fancy his brag posting style though, so I'm not going to engage with him for proof.

What forum is that if you can say? Maybe I can digg out something with my Octopuss?

spats

martynagt5.jpg

Since posting scans of ads is ok(I think?), here's a glimpse of a SCEE ad from a Polish magazine. Shows a 2010 release date.
It doesn't look good in my opinion.

Thanks to BoBaN grom GTPlanet.

edit: here's the translation of the ad:

From top:

"let's get it on the track"

"with over a thousand cars, countless circuit, the immense number of challenges, GT5 is the best arena to clarify who's boss"

"in the Polish language version Martyna Wojciechowska"

"release date at the end of year 2010".

Sew

I'm really reluctant to name the site, it's a prominent non-gaming related site in Aus and the guy will probably lose his job if the wrong person sees his posts. I hate being all cagey and top secret like this :/ just hoping it's all a good sign for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom