• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mush

Sew said:
I'm really reluctant to name the site, it's a prominent non-gaming related site in Aus and the guy will probably lose his job if the wrong person sees his posts. I hate being all cagey and top secret like this :/ just hoping it's all a good sign for the rest of us.
You don't have to name the site, just see if you can cox some more info out of him and report back here. :p

amar212

Sew said:
I'm really reluctant to name the site, it's a prominent non-gaming related site in Aus and the guy will probably lose his job if the wrong person sees his posts. I hate being all cagey and top secret like this :/ just hoping it's all a good sign for the rest of us.

If by "Aus" you mean Australia or Austria, than it means he should have got his code from London offices.

Hm. Do not find it plausible from my know. On the other hand, I beleive for COD:BO and 22nd, because Activision had released some priority-discs in the October for their VIP business and media-partners under a strict NDA.

Pandemic

Sew said:
Is it a popular non-gaming related website?

Sew

He's being pressed for more info as we speak. Despite the COD thing I'm 50/50 on this being real. It's getting late here ;-) hopefully he pops up tomorrow.

Sin

Sew said:

I can confirm that the guy is probably right. There are copies of GT5 out there already.

Pandemic

Sew said:
He's being pressed for more info as we speak. Despite the COD thing I'm 50/50 on this being real. It's getting late here ;-) hopefully he pops up tomorrow.
Care to share what the website is called? :lol

spats

Sin said:
I can confirm that the guy is probably right. There are copies of GT5 out there already.

Preview demos or something?

BTW did we ever find out who the mimaximax guy was and what the build was that he showed off? It had loads of stuff that wasn't seen anywhere else at that time.

spats said:
BTW did we ever find out who the mimaximax guy was and what the build was that he showed off? It had loads of stuff that wasn't seen anywhere else at that time.

He played the CES build at CES. He later played it at the 24h of Nurburgring.

Solal said:
Have we ever heard, or seen anything abour features mixing? I mean mixing damages with night...or rain during night...or damages under the rain?

I can't remember anything like that... It worries me a bit as we are -propably- not far from te release and I still never saw that info. Did Kaz ever talk about it?

Dynamic weather already displays dynamic lighting so having a day/night cycle won't take that much more resources, so both should be possible.

I however doubt that every track features a day/night cycle because it take much more time and labor to get it into the game; as in making new textures for buildings at night and such. I bet weather takes more processing power but PD could do without re texturing the tracks and therefor it's less labor intensive to implement.

As for damage. Who knows. It's such an integral part of the racing experience that it would be a shame to limit it to certain racing conditions.

amar212

Sin said:

Sin, can you at least confirm about availabilty through regional offices? I am still waiting to hear anything through SCE London.

jax (old)

Banned
Hate almost every single GT game I've ever played and yet I'm contemplating buying this.

Oh... graphic whore in me. That youtube looked great - /drool

I wish they had an arcade mode in this....

Tycho_b

spats said:
edit: here's the translation of the ad:

"in the Polish language version Martyna Wojciechowska"

Polish Playmate who climbed Mount Everest.
She's also a TV journalist, car freak and very popular person. - good choice :D

BeeDog

Aww snap, if Sin says it's out in the wild, then it's most likely true. :D

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease be an early December release!

spats

Jax said:
Hate almost every single GT game I've ever played and yet I'm contemplating buying this.

Oh... graphic whore in me. That youtube looked great - /drool

I wish they had an arcade mode in this....

It does have that. It's still not Burnout though.

Yeah, if you want and easier experience then just turn standard physics on with all driving aids. It's not going to turn it into Burnout or Ridge Racer, but it'll make driving a lot easier.

dwebo

BeeDog said:
Aww snap, if Sin says it's out in the wild, then it's most likely true. :D

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease be an early December release!
November 30th. Believe.

bud said:
is this referring to stunt arenas or what?
It's pretty clear what it means.

QOIysl.jpg

bud said:
that would be insanely awesome.

It's the only thing I can think of. I know Kaz has said that one of the ways that they tested GT5's physics engine was to use a professionally drifter as they wanted to see how the car handled when it was unstable. I can't imagine Kaz having ramps and shit all over a course though, which would be another type of stunt arena.

Hanmik

So Peter Dille comfirmed a 2010 release to Siliconera.

What about Gran Turismo 5 is it still on track for this year?

Yeah, Kazunori came out with a comment that they are working on a few last things. He apologized to the community, but explained it is coming before Christmas. We haven’t put a date to that yet, but we will just as soon as we get word from him when he’s done.

That’s just not for Japan, it’s for North America too?

That’s correct.

source: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/04/peter-dille-talks-playstation-move-success-and-psp-plans/

EDIT.. oh my god.. didn´t see the date.. and forgot this was Neogaf.. so this is Realy OLD news.. (sad panda)

Omiee

Back in 08 i got to playtest killzone 2 in october from start to finish before any media could and stuff, in that 5 day period i made good friends with a QA member who said i was the first on outside of the dev team to finish it but since than i made good friends with him cuz he works in amsterdam and im there all the time.
Normally he wont tell me about intern stuff like when a game comes out or what ever, he does get me in to beta's and stuff, but i kept asking him about GT5 and he kept not answering me, in the end he said all i can say is you can ask sinterklaas to give it to you.
I dont know if any of you know sinterklaas but thats a holiday on the 5th of december here in holland where kids get gifts from a figure just like santa claus.
Take it as you want, ill see him saturday again when i go out, ill see what i can get out of him by than.

o in case you want proof that i was actually there and stuff:

n1s5kh.jpg

Omiee said:
Normally he wont tell me about intern stuff like when a game comes out or what ever, he does get me in to beta's and stuff, but i kept asking him about GT5 and he kept not answering me, in the end he said all i can say is you can ask sinterklaas to give it to you.
I dont know if any of you know sinterklaas but thats a holiday on the 5th of december here in holland where kids get gifts from a figure just like santa claus.
Take it as you want, ill see him saturday again when i go out, ill see what i can get out of him by than.

Sounds good :) i'd like a sinterklaas release for gt :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom