• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldrusher said:
It's going to be the best Sinterklaas ever.

30jhe3d.jpg

Haha genius :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I think that the 'Yoshida' leak also said 'Stunt Arenas' ... so yeah friggin confirmed.

RELEASE THE GAME NAO!! RELEASE IT IN MAH PANTS!

offshore

DoctorWho said:
So was the release date announcement from the date a couple of days ago delayed till today?
Was it? I don't know. I don't know anymore.

But if we just keep saying that "today is the day we'll get the date" then one day, we will be right.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
opticalmace said:
Unless it gets cancelled.

GO TO YOUR ROOM! AND THINK IN WHAT YOU SAID!!

* Points finger to opticalmace room *

offshore

I wonder if Kaz greenlights the music choices made by SCEA and SCEE, or whether he thinks "oh man, what the hell are they gonna choose this time?" :lol

He must be powerless, as there's no way he'd have greenlit the truly horrific My Favourite Game remix from the EU GT2 intro.

Hanmik

brotkasten said:
looks at avatar

Admit it, you want more of the boys. :lol

damn... I thought my avatar was badass.. but now that you point it out, I can see how it can misinterpreted.. maybe I should add some pink to his bandana.. ? :D

Jilt

SolidSnakex said:
Just as a reminder, the original Madrid launch was scheduled for October 26th.

True! Actually from my source it was 25th and 26th, with the party on the 26th. This would mean the pre-launch party now is going to be in the 25th of november.

I'm very happy that I could bring this news here :D

@Solid, thanks 4 updating this on GTP

Fersis

So yeah, everything points to a December release date.

DoctorWho said:
Well, that's a very good sign.

I'm officially calling a November 30th 2010 NORTH AMERICAN release for Gran Turismo 5.

And I always trust the doctah!

And if stunt arenas are true ... holy shit .. my anger has subsided and my hype has reached all new levels not known before.

This was posted earlier by Loudninja but deserves to be posted again with the new news about the Madrid launch event

Another bit of info I just remembered:
Upon European Release, the Mayor of Madrid( a huge GT fan) is going to close off a section of the downtown, and Red Bull will set up their F1 Tents down there. There will be a huge release party. Date TBA

http://tunerspit.com/forum/showthread.php?191-SEMA-Show-GT5-Questions-list/page6

Even getting some Red Bull backing at the event.

offshore

kazuma_pt said:
november 30 worldwide?
We can only wish. Even though MS, Acti amongst others all have the same launch day worldwide for their big games, Sony don't do that for some reason. UK will be last, again.
I know, I sound like a broken record :p

NHale

kazuma_pt said:
november 30 worldwide? december is ps3 month then.

From what I heard, it's November 30th (US), December 1st (EU) and December 3rd (UK).

My "source" works for a major retailer here in Portugal and he only told me that Sony Portugal asked yesterday if it was possible to organize a midnight launch November 30rd to December 1st. Since December 1st is a national holiday this could be a problem because people get paid double if they work past midnight.

They didn't said what game/product it was, so maybe it's not GT5 but the only Sony products that get midnight releases over here are videogames.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
yeah, gtpsp had a gymkhana area hidden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1-5K2limJk

[]http://www.abload.de/img/733141bi8e.jpg[/img]

Isn't that just the Driving Park map used in License Tests on previous GTs?

Well... I guess it's kinda the same.

NHale said:
From what I heard, it's November 30th (US), December 1st (EU) and December 3rd (UK).

My "source" works for a major retailer here in Portugal and he only told me that Sony Portugal asked yesterday if it was possible to organize a midnight launch November 30rd to December 1st. Since December 1st is a national holiday this could be a problem because people get paid double if they work past midnight.

They didn't said what game/product it was, so maybe it's not GT5 but the only Sony products that get midnight releases over here are videogames.
I don't think I've ever seen a midnight release here in Portugal. Which retailer?

NHale said:

What other Sony exclusive would be worthy of a "midnight" release this holiday season? It has to be GT5.

alba

Little is the new Big
The Dutch Slayer said:
hahahhaah LOVE IT only Dutch and Vlamingers are going to get that joke! :lol :lol :lol

I got it and I'm neither. Although we call it "Saint Nicolas" which is the french version of it, so :D

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
November 30th for US then.
Who was it that made the bet that they would post a nude pic of themselves on GAF it is released on this date?

navanman said:
November 30th for US then.
Who was it that made the bet that they would post a nude pic of themselves on GAF it is released on this date?
Not me but I'm tempted to do it anyways.

I just love it when people with inside connections come in here to drop a bomb, and then they just leave us in the dust.

They have to know how we feel and what we do expect, so to post something like "i can confirm there are copies of GT5 out there", means WE WANT MORE, NO, I BETTER SAY, WE NEED MORE!!!

NHale

Metalmurphy said:
I don't think I've ever seen a midnight release here in Portugal. Which retailer?

FNAC.

FNAC/Worten/GAME/Gamestop/ReplayZone do midnight releases to products (consoles, phones etc..) and to big selling videogames like FIFA, PES, Call of Duty and some Sony first party titles.

This year all of them did midnight releases for FIFA 11 and PES 2011 and it was a mess because both games launched in the same day.

NHale

Metalmurphy said:
Must be select stores and not the entire retailer, cause I've never seen them >.<

Yes. I forgot this is Lisbon, I don't think they do it in smaller cities.

EDIT: Even in Lisbon, I believe FNAC only does videogames midnight releases at FNAC Colombo not at FNAC Baixa.

Wazzim

Banned
Goldrusher said:
It's going to be the best Sinterklaas ever.

http://i54.tinypic.com/30jhe3d.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol
Now I have to try to fit some PS3 cases in my sneaker so I'm sure about getting the game!

scotcheggz

It's all starting to come together :D

Cannot wait for this game! I haven't been posting in these threads, since I'm probably more of a casual GT fan than most of you lot, but goddam, this shit is going to be GOOOOOOD.

30th is fine for me, make it happen Sony! If we get a solid release date can everyone post tons of party gifs again? I enjoyed that :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom