• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firewire

Banned
It seems the stars are aligning for an early December release.

Just waiting for a little bird to whisper the actual date in Amar's ear.

saladine1

A little OT but does anyone remember which version of GT featured a woman's voice narrating each vehicle's history and specs?

KingDizzi

Banned
Hopefully this game does release this year, today would have been even more awesome has GT5 released however Diwali more than makes up for it! That Madrid event being this year pretty much confirms a release for this year.......also it makes a lot of business sense.

A Nov 30 release would be perfect - a week before my birthday (it'smybirthday.jpg). That gives me enough time to play and get sick of Black Ops, and be ready for GT5 gaming all Dec. :D

Sirolf

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
National Console Support's Friday update confirmed a ship date of November 30. Dunno if that's worldwide or not.

They're usually spot on so i think this is the DATE ^^

Goldrusher said:
I'm pretty sure Red Bull will build an X1.

In the latest Evo, there are photos of a full scale clay model.

You beat me too it. Also, in the article it says early "December release. (mind you, evo is UK based..)"

I would post in on here.... but scans.

I am pumped if they really do make that a reality. It looks awesome.

EDIT: Quick quote from Evo about GT5.

"Nevertheless, the game blew us away with the detail of its graphics. Spin off at Dunsfold (the Top Gear test track) and you can actually see the texture of the grass. And, yes, the crash damage is realistic too..."

BeeDog

Seriously, if the game's releasing on Nov 30th, where the fuck is the announcement? If that date turns out to be true, would it be the first time a (major) game has such a short window between announcement and release?

BeeDog said:
Seriously, if the game's releasing on Nov 30th, where the fuck is the announcement? If that date turns out to be true, would it be the first time a (major) game has such a short window between announcement and release?
I'd say the announcement happened a long time ago. Delay or not.

AndyD

aka andydumi
BeeDog said:

Nah, when stuff gets last minute delays, its always sort of up in the air until it pops up. LBP recall last year, the recall last month, they just say "we are working as fast as we can" then they say "it will release next week". They had a major date announced for months then a last minute delay, so the regular rules no longer apply I think.

Afrikan

Goldrusher said:
It's going to be the best Sinterklaas ever.

30jhe3d.jpg

dep45v_th.jpg

bud

phosphor112 said:
You beat me too it. Also, in the article it says early "December release. (mind you, evo is UK based..)"

I would post in on here.... but scans.

I am pumped if they really do make that a reality. It looks awesome.

EDIT: Quick quote from Evo about GT5.

"Nevertheless, the game blew us away with the detail of its graphics. Spin off at Dunsfold (the Top Gear test track) and you can actually see the texture of the grass. And, yes, the crash damage is realistic too..."

post them on gtplanet!

If the nov 30th date holds, shouldn't reviewers be getting copies within the next week or so?

As someone pointed out before, a game with this much depth will take some time to review

As much as I want to get angry at the lucky motherfucker who already has a GT5 in their possession, it at least gets my hopes up that this game will come out this year, if not later this month :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom