• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo for Boy announced

:lol

A GT game only for kids (Boys)

Babelfish

09.11.04 - Kazunori Yamauchi of Polyphony Digital announced on a meeting in Tokyo that he develops the racing game Gran Turismo For Boys. It's a Gran Turismo version especially for children, by whom Yamauchi wants to ignite the enthusiasm for cars.

Still no details are present yet or release date, the release after Gran Turismo 4 in Japan to however only take place. The price should be however very low. According to Yamauchi one considers even doing without a profit.

source http://www.gamefront.de

gtboys.jpg

u_neek

>OMG, That'z zo awezome, I totally gotta go buy that Gran Turizmo 4 when it'z releazed and all. I have - like - heard it'z gonna be fabulouz!!

One version for us, and a version for the boizz

You guys are overly cynical =P

Anyways, a title like this would be great for my 4-year-old nephew who's developing into quite a fan of cars...has a pretty good Hot Wheels/die-cast car collection and likes riding in my brother's sport coupe and my sport sedan...if only he had a PS2 though (he has a Gamecube) =P

According to Gamefront Yamauchi has also revealed there will be damage on cars in GT5 and they consider to make a small EyeToy feature.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
apparently they've spent so much money on gt4 that they have to release it five times. gt4 prologue, gt 4 proper, gt 4 online, gt4 kidz, the inevitable gt4 concept...it's street fighter II all over again. except that the core game isn't that great.

Ranger X

>Yamauchi better make me an exceptionnal and breakthrough GT5 on my PS3 instead of 45 GT4 concept, GT4 Boy, GT4 Girl, GT4 online, GT4 dog, etc...

Shinobi

:lol

I'd expect massive licensing deals with Matchbox, Hot Wheels, Kyosho and Bburago. No car damage though, unless they get a crash mode worked in featuring Lego cars.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
If he's trying to appeal to the usual 10 year old, I don't think this will happen.. my 10 year old brother has his own Matchbox collection (much like I used to), constantly plays around with stuff like that all the time.. but has never really bothered to play GT, he prefers Mario Kart.

Seriously though the amount of GT4 games there are, you have to begin to wonder whether mainstreamers will cry out "which one is the real GT4!?"

Shinobi

Matlock said:
Gran Turismo
for shinobi

One car! Three thousand tracks! All-Rush soudtrack!

If it's got more then two cars to race against and some lame ass B-Spec mode as the selling point, it's got my vote.

xexex

Banned
apparently they've spent so much money on gt4 that they have to release it five times. gt4 prologue, gt 4 proper, gt 4 online, gt4 kidz, the inevitable gt4 concept...it's street fighter II all over again. except that the core game isn't that great.

Seriously though the amount of GT4 games there are, you have to begin to wonder whether mainstreamers will cry out "which one is the real GT4!?"

will the real GT4 please stand up :lol

Top Bottom