• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I love the co-op missions

Got 1 at level 10 against lost for up to 4 players, no one joined. did it myself.

felt good man. was tough

Tried again to start that first race, but quit out after an eternity of waiting.

So much for the thought of GTAO being ready for prime time by the weekend.

360? PS3 was totally broken for me till patch, now its fixed been playing for hours

Need patch for stuff to work dont know why they delayed the xbox version

Is it true that at level 20, you unlock a place that can get rid of bruises and stuff? Got some kind of dried bloodstain around my guy's nose and mouth, and taking a shower didn't get rid of it.

vehn

So wouldn't it be more worthwhile to buy a luxury or sports car for hundreds of thousands than the 400k apartment? I mean how often would you be at an apartment versus driving around in free roam etc... I'd hate to lose that luxury car though, I'd hope insuring it would prevent that

360? PS3 was totally broken for me till patch, now its fixed been playing for hours

Need patch for stuff to work dont know why they delayed the xbox version
Yep, 360 here. Was so damn close to picking it up on the PS3 but damnit, I had to have that custom soundtrack support (and most of my co-op crew), and party chat, and... OK, on second thought I guess I wasn't all that close.

Would you say the PS3 version is looking good since the patch? Are all the woes on the 360 side now?

Lima

So wouldn't it be more worthwhile to buy a luxury or sports car for hundreds of thousands than the 400k apartment? I mean how often would you be at an apartment versus driving around in free roam etc... I'd hate to lose that luxury car though, I'd hope insuring it would prevent that

Of course. That apartment is silly.

amoeba

Neo Member
PS3, North America. Level 8 character has disappeared, as of about 15 minutes ago. The portrait was the first thing to disappear on the Social Club, then a couple minutes later all the stats were reset (except for banked cash). No cloud error messages when logging in to Online, but my crew isn't listed at the top of the character creation screen.

malfcn said:
When I loaded and it asked me if I wanted to change appearance, what triggered that?
You get one final chance to edit your character at Level 6, but the notice only appears next time you log in (even if you advanced past level 6 in your last session).

Fireflu

People complaining about issues with jobs and such make me envious, iv'e been trying since Tuesday to get past the infernal tutorial mission and have had a grand total of 12 characters deleted... fun times.
Waiting
im
patiently for the 360 patch...

Just played for an hour. Progress did not save. My character is in the spot where I left him but money/rank was reset back to where it was last night.

They should probably just let us save them on the HDD instead of the cloud at this point. Its making me paranoid to progress.

Sushigod7

Driving physics are sooo frustratingly outdated. It's like I'm playing an original Xbox game at times. Didn't really notice it in single player, but online... It annoys me to no end hitting a slight rock or wall and being propelled into the air and off to the side.

I'm finding your cars make a huge difference stole a couple high end cars today and it's much less frustrating, handled much better. But hitting a wall or median and getting thrown happens no matter what and is annoying.

This game has turned me into an ass. Sorry to the guy I beat to death with a hammer. At least I waited until you were done using the ATM.

Also the guy I pelted with grenades.

edit: and the guy I just ran over. You didn't move fast enough.

When I loaded and it asked me if I wanted to change appearance, what triggered that?
Level 6 I think.

Anyway, for those having issues with characters disappearing: are you guys quitting out of Online back into SP or just turning off the system/quitting the game from the XMB/dash?
I always quit out to SP and I've yet to have an issue with deleted characters. :/
Lost like an hour of progress on the first night though, but that's it.

DogMeat77

Level 6 I think.

Anyway, for those having issues with characters disappearing: are you guys quitting out of Online back into SP or just turning off the system/quitting the game from the XMB/dash?
I always quit out to SP and I've yet to have an issue with deleted characters. :/

Using the proper exit in to single player. I too had no problems for 2 days and my level 16 disappeared a few hours ago.

Yep, 360 here. Was so damn close to picking it up on the PS3 but damnit, I had to have that custom soundtrack support (and most of my co-op crew), and party chat, and... OK, on second thought I guess I wasn't all that close.

Would you say the PS3 version is looking good since the patch? Are all the woes on the 360 side now?

Yeah PS3 version has been working great as far as I am concerned - before patch I got corrupted character all the time. Since patch although I have had cloud down (and char "lost" ie shown 2 blank slots just quit game) once it was restored I had my character back fine

so been playing probably 5-6 hours today and never lost progress, most of that time been playing fine had some downtime maybe 10-20 mins at one point but other than that its been working great.

game really starts unlocking cool stuff by level 11, there are now parachutes, unlocked micro uzi and SMG, plus now I just got 3 job invites so I dont know if its level based, but its a lot easier now to pick a cool mission - I way prefer the co-op missions

Yeah I preordered xbox version was very surprised when ps3 ended up winning digital foundry. I had CE of xbox but was too late for ps3, so I have both copies. Have some friends wiht xbox so may end up keeping both.

But yeah patch made all the difference for me.

This game has turned me into an ass. Sorry to the guy I beat to death with a hammer. At least I waited until you were done using the ATM.

Also the guy I pelted with grenades.

edit: and the guy I just ran over. You didn't move fast enough.

I didn't think the SE/CE weapons were going to be available online but since they are the 50 cal pistol and bullpop shotgun are wonderfully OP at least at low levels.

DukeBobby

Level 6 I think.

Quit out to SP with every character I created, and all of them have been deleted.

As someone who doesn't play a lot of multiplayer, I don't have the patience to deal with this. For me, it's just not worth the effort.

gholas

Banned
So, I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure you can still replay a mission instantly on ps3. If everyone 'likes' a mission and then presses the right trigger instead of X, it will say restart. It seemed to work after the patch this morning but I guess if someone else wants to confirm that would be nice.

Lima

Cool, thanks. Is the only way to start it to luck out on Gerald sending you the info for it when you call him?

Yup. You need to keep doing Gerald missions. Dislike the ones you don't want and then farm Violent Duct once it comes up.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Yup. You need to keep doing Gerald missions. Dislike the ones you don't want and then farm Violent Duct once it comes up.

Alright, thanks again. :)

So, I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure you can still replay a mission instantly on ps3. If everyone 'likes' a mission and then presses the right trigger instead of X, it will say restart. It seemed to work after the patch this morning but I guess if someone else wants to confirm that would be nice.
Yep, it works. That's how my group did it earlier today.

aza

Character just deleted, using a PS3 here. On top of the fact that I've basically been looking at a loading screen for the past 2 hours just to trying to connect.

Gonna hold off the online until they fix this.

Using the proper exit in to single player. I too had no problems for 2 days and my level 16 disappeared a few hours ago.

Quit out to SP with every character I created, and all of them have been deleted.

As someone who doesn't play a lot of multiplayer, I don't have the patience to deal with this. For me, it's just not worth the effort.
Hmm.. Guess that's not it. My friend lost his character from last night, but I recalled that he just turned off the system in the middle of freemode so I figured that might be the reason. Probably just the servers acting up, then.

Mikey Jr.

You know what would be nice?

If mission didn't refer to fucking team deathmatch AND story missions. Stupid shit. Separate the two.

Also, an indication of who is talking on the mic would also be nice.

Tawpgun

0_0.jpg

So my friend caught my car and dropped me off at the highest skyscraper... against my will.

Onionkid

So, is there a way to easily be in a "party" with your friends and move from gametype to gametype together or lobby to lobby even? Right now while my friend and I are playing, we have to constantly deal with getting back into the same lobby after we complete a mission, and we can't ever just join a gametype together, someone always has to hope the game isn't full and can be invited.

Also dang, that survival mode is tough with just two players, ha.

Lima

So, is there a way to easily be in a "party" with your friends and move from gametype to gametype together or lobby to lobby even? Right now while my friend and I are playing, we have to constantly deal with getting back into the same lobby after we complete a mission, and we can't ever just join a gametype together, someone always has to hope the game isn't full and can be invited.

Also dang, that survival mode is tough with just two players, ha.

No there is no party system which is a tragedy for any online game in 2013.

Top Bottom