• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas jacked

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Hehe..."jacked"...that's kinda clever...kinda... :p

SKluck

Banned
When you've got a couple hundred average people (thousand?) coming into contact with some of the most anticipated games of the generation, maybe EVER, this is going to happen.

Edit: In the pressing factories, I am talking about.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
snapty00 said:
Ban?

Everybody else who reported things like this on the board got banned, anyway.

Everybody else isn't as good of a poster as Wario. He saves me and many other people hundreds of dollars. He stays.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Seriously, why dont they report other leaks as news? I didn't see their news piece about Nocturne being leaked over a month before its actual release

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
JC10001 said:
Everybody else isn't as good of a poster as Wario. He saves me and many other people hundreds of dollars. He stays.
I fact checked this post and it totally checked out

AirBrian

scola said:
I fact checked this post and it totally checked out
mario-6.gif

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shuri

Banned
I really dont know whats the problem since the off topic forum has tons of threads about leaked albums and impressions of them

Really guys, whats the problem?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
shuri said:
I really dont know whats the problem since the off topic forum has tons of threads about leaked albums and impressions of them

Really guys, whats the problem?

it's about respect for the developers. If you're gonna pirate, then keep the talk of it out of GAF.

Mashing

I'm going to go out on a limb and say right now: This won't happen with Metroid Prime 2

GC copy protection wins again... seriously, they've fucking owned pirates this generation (but apparently they don't care about GBA piracy as it's freaking rampant.

Burger

This forum doesn't need to be any more tamer than it already is.

It would be understandable if somebody came on and spurted "OMG I gots GTA SA and it sucks you can get it from www.pirategamez.com right now!!1"

But that doesn't happen here.

When the day comes that we can't quote a site like Gamespot becuase it has the word 'Pirate' in it is the day I stop visiting.

Mashing said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say right now: This won't happen with Metroid Prime 2

GC copy protection wins again... seriously, they've fucking owned pirates this generation (but apparently they don't care about GBA piracy as it's freaking rampant.
why not? it happened with pikmin 2 iirc... 2 weeks prior...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Nintendo games aren't hyped up like GTA:SA or Halo 2

And of course, Gamecube piracy isn't really attractive, compared to the PS2 and Xbox

The game apparently doesn't support progressive scan, and the widescreen mode in the game is not "true 16:9", which was the case in Vice City as well. Bummer both accounts.

Kweh

It's all the other games BUT Halo 2 and GTA:SA that need recognition that they have been leaked. High profile games like these have millions of pre-orders combined, so its not as serious as the "lower wanted" games.

The issue is that San Andreas has been leaked, rather than it being pirated. Everything gets pirated eventually... but for that to happen to such a big game ahead of its release date is ridiculous.

Rockstar are incredibly closed about telling people about what's in GTASA... I'm sure you all saw the thread about SPOnG revealing the 2 player mode. If they're gonna spend so much money on huge scale advertising and defensive PR, you'd think they'd manage to get the game published without all that work being undermined...

But lets face it, the proportion of people with chipped PS2s is tiny (in these territories anyway) and San Andreas is going to sell by the million. I don't think sales will be too hurt at all...

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
open_mouth_ said:
it's about respect for the developers. If you're gonna pirate, then keep the talk of it out of GAF.

What if the person has every intention of purchasing the game on October 26th? Now, if someone was talking about how they're going to burn a bunch of copies and then sell it at church, I could understand the problem. But people giving their impressions of a game prior to release? What's the big deal?

Thank you Wario, I hate this news. Every game gets leaked a week early, sometimes months. This news is not new it's just a busy week and Press knows it will stir up conversations so they print it. Doom 3 leaked and ID put out a patch that made the game run correctly. ID understands that this shit happenes, but they also understand that Millions will buy there game. Not that I condone Piracy but, making a statement only means that more people will download it and are aware that it's out there.

john2kx

Rockstar leaked it.. it's a cheap way to get a bunch of attention and advertising..

think about it.. the same number of people who would have pirated it anyway are pirating it now.. what's the difference?

the difference is media coverage of this early "mishap", along with the requisite screenshots of the game, etc. :D

don´t you all of you thing that games cost´s a little to much for some ppl ?????

and piracy in some form is from the resposibility of the companys that make the games because they are to lassy to protect there games ?

and for the pc world , all game are on the web much before they are really released ?

piracy is bad........very bad...

8bit

Knows the Score
john2kx said:
Rockstar leaked it.. it's a cheap way to get a bunch of attention and advertising..

think about it.. the same number of people who would have pirated it anyway are pirating it now.. what's the difference?

the difference is media coverage of this early "mishap", along with the requisite screenshots of the game, etc. :D

Some people won't buy it if they can get it for free. I'm sure they will say they will buy it, but realistically they won't.

john2kx

8bit said:
Some people won't buy it if they can get it for free. I'm sure they will say they will buy it, but realistically they won't.

The number of people that will read that news article, then decide to go out and mod their PS2 and then download GTA:SA are negligible in terms of sales.

people who already have modded PS2s that were intending to pirate the game did.

people who already have modded PS2s that were intending to buy the game probably still will buy it.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Rogerkiller said:
don´t you all of you thing that games cost´s a little to much for some ppl ?????

and piracy in some form is from the resposibility of the companys that make the games because they are to lassy to protect there games ?

and for the pc world , all game are on the web much before they are really released ?

Are you foreign or retarded?

Rogerkiller said:

2-45.jpg

Fularu

Banned
Wario64 said:
Seriously, why dont they report other leaks as news? I didn't see their news piece about Nocturne being leaked over a month before its actual release

Lightforce's release of nocturne was a beta, read gameover's nfo :p

That'S what I find interesting in that scene, the betas, to see how a program evolves

SaitoH

Rogerkiller said:

/translation

Video games cost too much.

Game companies need better copy protection.

Aren't all PC games on the internet before they are released?

Piracy is bad.

/end translation

Is that close?

o_O;;

SaitoH said:
/translation

Video games cost too much.

Game companies need better copy protection.

Aren't all PC games on the internet before they are released?

Piracy is bad.

/end translation

Is that close?

o_O;;
lol sorry about my crap english .....

don´t it me more.... :(

unkasa

Banned
Rogerkiller said:

Life isn't fair. Going by your logic, it is perfectly tolerable for one to steal a Mercedes because it's exorbitantly priced. Why shouldn't the resident of a dingy, one-room apartment travel across the street and displace the family living in that newly restored Victorian? I'm wearing Reeboks, but if I encounter some hapless gimp wearing the new Jordans, it's on. Your POV is warped.

These men and women have crafted games from countless hours of toil. They're due compensation. Imagine how they must feel to see their work cavalierly distributed about the net, making its way from one thief to the next. If you can't afford the game, get a job. If you're working and still without the means, get a part-time job to finance your gaming needs.

Gek54

Fuck that, I should be able to qualify for a videogame grant. Screw this working for personal entertainment BS.

Top Bottom